Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way Rita Ora said "I'm ready" in the Samsung advert
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that no matter what time of the day it is, whenever I switch to any commercial channel I can almost guarantee that it will be during an ad break – not only that, but nearly always at the beginning of it.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    Emergency services lording it about with their flashing lights and wailing sirens, resulting in pedestrians crossing roads having to dive for cover and motorists being forced to mount pavements or run red lights. It's one big power trip.

I find they often have time to raise their hand in thanks, when you are able to pull over, with indicator on, or stand back from the road if a pedestrian, signalling you have seen them in good time and to come on through.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I don't think Bouquet is the correct pronunciation. Due to Hyacinth being such a snob, she thinks anything of a lower class to her is beneath her (as per her reactions whenever her sister Rose, Onslow and the others turn up somewhere where Hyacinth is). She sees the name Bucket as common so she thinks pronouncing it Bouquet makes it sound posh. I think the real pronunciation is Bucket.

Now that you mention it I remember a kids' show/series of books called Simon and the Witch that had a snobby woman character. It was spelt Lady Fox Custard but pronounced Foakes Coo-stard or something :D
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    I think it depends on the context.
    It was in the same context as any many others where someone has said something absurd and said word has been used in response.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    When you're in a restaurant and the waiter comes to ask you if everything's OK. They're either interrupting a conversation or usually with me, I have a mouth full if food and usually end up giving a thumbs up and nodding.

I think there was a poster on here before who was a waitress and she said they purposely wait until you have a mouth full of food, so you can only go "Mmmmm!" and nod!
    he sees the name Bucket as common so she thinks pronouncing it Bouquet makes it sound posh. I think the real pronunciation is Bucket.

That is correct. In one episode, an annoyed Hyacinth snaps at her husband "...Richard Bucket!", before correcting herself with "Bouquet!".
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that women can never seem to walk in one direction[...]they have gone from walking in a straight line to veering off at a 45 degree angle.

No spacial awareness at all...

I do that but I can at least blame it on dyspraxia. I'm all over the place! :p
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    It's not that new, an old boyfriend of mine did it , I found it pretty cringeworthy. He also used the phrase 'totes amazeballs' *shudders.

I hope it was you who dumped him, and immediately those hideous words were uttered?!
  • Options
    crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane abbot straightning her hair like a white woman then banging on about equality.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crystallad wrote: »
    Diane abbot straightning her hair like a white woman then banging on about equality.

Baffled by this post
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    The queue of people at work waiting to use the hasn't been cleaned since Oct 2014 microwave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The showbiz forum annoys me, it's so disappointing. You expect it to be about actual proper famous people but all that ever seems to be discussed is Peter flipping Andre, Katie Price, Kerry Katona and all the other annoying z list celebs. I don't know how the threads have managed to stay so long because the posters all seem to be banned eventually but then are replaced by new forum members before long that just love to yak endlessly about how annoying and nasty the z lists celebs are. Who knew so many people found them that interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    Baffled by this post

Baffled by what bit? Can you explain?
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean, but in other areas.

The expression 'life is what you make it' annoys me, because most of the time it isn't.

It's more about being in the right place at the right time and who you know, rather than what you know.

And a bit of luck a lot of time too.

And no, you do not 'make your own luck' >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baffled by what bit? Can you explain?

How does someone straighten their hair like a white woman? I'm white and my hair isn't straight in fact it's very very curly.

Not sure what someone's hair has to do with equality
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does someone straighten their hair like a white woman? I'm white and my hair isn't straight in fact it's very very curly.

Not sure what someone's hair has to do with equality

Have you heard of afro hair and straightners.
    She is a black woman trying to look different to fit it in a western country. It goes against what she believes in

I think it's
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Or nom nom, when describing they like food (a lot). Does anybody actually use that expression IRL.

My colleague! That's the only annoying thing she does though, she's great in every other way.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a black woman trying to look different to fit it in a western country. It goes against what she believes in

I think it's

Do you not know how daft your post sounds? East Asian women's hair are straight as hell. Does this mean white women, black women and other women that use hair straighteners are trying to be East Asian? Of course not.

In any case, Abbott is a westerner. She was born and raised in this country, after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's
    ill stand by my original post of being baffled.

Who knew straight hair was reserved for white women, better go tell my non white friend with beautiful natural silky straight hair she needs to curl it as only white people are allowed to have straight hair.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are just so many things wrong with that post that it's difficult to know where to start. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ill stand by my original post of being baffled.

Who knew straight hair was reserved for white women, better go tell my non white friend with beautiful natural silky straight hair she needs to curl it as only white people are allowed to have straight hair.

This will help you
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11253875/Halle-Berry-gets-court-order-banning-ex-boyfriend-from-straightening-their-daughters-hair.html
  • Options
    Phil_SheridanPhil_Sheridan Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    When you're in a restaurant and the waiter comes to ask you if everything's OK. They're either interrupting a conversation or usually with me, I have a mouth full if food and usually end up giving a thumbs up and nodding.

I've had a couple of classics with this, both used by the same guy actually.
    One time I was dining with a friend and his wife, in quite an upmarket place in Butlers Wharf, Tower Bridge.
    A waiter approached, and facing my friend Peter, said, "Everything alright sir?"
    Peter said, "Not really, my mother hasn't been well of late."
    The waiter smiled, said, "Oh good, thank you sir", then walked away.
    Sincere or what?

Another time, in Hays Galleria, Tooley Street, the same Peter was asked by the owner of a restaurant, "How did you find your steak?" He said, "I moved a couple of potatoes and there it was."
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anti Social Eastern Europeans.

Got woken up at 4am this morning by a group of four male Eastern Europeans obviously drunk shouting and singing along to music from where ever they came from. I also witnessed one of them urinating against a tree across the road.
  • Options
    AetnlaAetnla Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When links that are posted don't get parsed. The link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11253875/Halle-Berry-gets-court-order-banning-ex-boyfriend-from-straightening-their-daughters-hair.html posted above is unclickable so having to copy and paste is annoying.
This discussion has been closed.