I actually hope Katie Hopkins wins

Comments

• AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Which he manages to hide well!

They're both the same UKIP, Alf Garnett brigade type of person, mocking politeness and decency whilst claiming to value the civilities of a bygone age, with few scruples between them.

I find when you generalise people, without knowing them, it comes across as a form of bigotry. By the way a bigot is somebody with an Intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from themselves:
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genuinely think she has been a/ and continues to be a great housemate, and if she is playing the game then good for her it is a game show after all

She has played a blinder I will admit. Considering how much support she now has.
    However...
    I don't think she has been mean for the sake of being mean, she like most housemates doesn't get along with everyone and people wind her up like they would wind all of us up.

She's spiteful and a user. She's said as much in the diary room. She enjoys stirring the pot and calls the people she spend time in there as disposable. She's been mean more than a few times for no rhyme nor reason. Her put downs may be witty at times but they area clearly meant to hurt and rile people up. She is also more times than not THE wind-up merchant not so much the over way around.
    I often find myself agreeing with most of what she says (on the show) and i've realised a lot of the stuff before she entered the house was all for effect

I find myself agreeing with some of the things she says but 95% of the time I completely disagree with how she says it. Again it's to hurt then to be constructive.
    I think personally she is insecure and projects in order to make others feel bad so she can feel better. I would say 20% is for effect the rest just spiteful cruelty.
    Katie Price is so boring,

The Price has been a bit of a disappointment for me. I think she chose the wrong time in her life to enter the house. I wouldn't quite say boring but yeah she needs to do more for certain.
    Keith has done zip,

Keith has done quite a lot. It's not showy or egotistical like a couple of the housemates but his presence has been noticed. I enjoy watching him. Alas screen time is filled with the drama. And the drama has become boring now. You don't have to be demanding and argumentative to stand out.
    Nadia is an interfering busybody with a strange fascination with Perez,

Nadia is one of those defender types. She doesn't like seeing injustice and tends to get carried away with making her point. When you are having to shout over the childishness it makes your opinions come across as headstrong. She speaks more than perhaps she should but most of it makes sense. She and Perez have made a friendship in there. I don't see it as strange or as a fascination. Can't she just like someone as a friend?
    Kavana and Calum don't say or do much unless annoyed.
    I agree here. Excess baggage is what I would call them.
    Cami Li - nice girl but no winner,
    She's so-so when she doesn't say or do much but when you hardly say or do much you (like Kav and Calum) are excess baggage. Otherwise when she does speak it's all loud brash crap.
    Perez total idiot and attention seeking weirdo.
    That's what makes him so watchable.
    Michelle I like and wouldn't mind if she won either
    I don't mind Michelle but she's little more than the third cheek of Katie Hopkin's Bottom.
    Hey its just my opinion, but I'm all for a Hopkins Win :)
    I would want Nadia, Keith, Perez and Michelle to win before Hopkins. Hopkins is a bully and an egotist and two-faced and cruel and all in all not a nice person. Would make a change to have someone OTHER than the resident nasty to win.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    She has played a blinder I will admit. Considering how much support she now has.
    However...

She's spiteful and a user. She's said as much in the diary room. She enjoys stirring the pot and calls the people she spend time in there as disposable. She's been mean more than a few times for no rhyme nor reason. Her put downs may be witty at times but they area clearly meant to hurt and rile people up. She is also more times than not THE wind-up merchant not so much the over way around.

I find myself agreeing with some of the things she says but 95% of the time I completely disagree with how she says it. Again it's to hurt then to be constructive.
    I think personally she is insecure and projects in order to make others feel bad so she can feel better. I would say 20% is for effect the rest just spiteful cruelty.

The Price has been a bit of a disappointment for me. I think she chose the wrong time in her life to enter the house. I wouldn't quite say boring but yeah she needs to do more for certain.

Keith has done quite a lot. It's not showy or egotistical like a couple of the housemates but his presence has been noticed. I enjoy watching him. Alas screen time is filled with the drama. And the drama has become boring now. You don't have to be demanding and argumentative to stand out.

Nadia is one of those defender types. She doesn't like seeing injustice and tends to get carried away with making her point. When you are having to shout over the childishness it makes your opinions come across as headstrong. She speaks more than perhaps she should but most of it makes sense. She and Perez have made a friendship in there. I don't see it as strange or as a fascination. Can't she just like someone as a friend?

I agree here. Excess baggage is what I would call them.

She's so-so when she doesn't say or do much but when you hardly say or do much you (like Kav and Calum) are excess baggage. Otherwise when she does speak it's all loud brash crap.

That's what makes him so watchable.

I don't mind Michelle but she's little more than the third cheek of Katie Hopkin's Bottom.

I would want Nadia, Keith, Perez and Michelle to win before Hopkins. Hopkins is a bully and an egotist and two-faced and cruel and all in all not a nice person. Would make a change to have someone OTHER than the resident nasty to win.

Great Post, appreciate you writing a bit more than abuse towards me :):):)
  • bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha geez so many angry folk, its my opinion i'm not the majority of viewers

I will say maybe I was too nice when I said Cami Li - nice girl ( I meant in the context, ive not paid much attention to her)

I do watch the show and I would NEVER vote for UKIP hahahaha

Everyone has an opinion. Quite right too.

Sometimes opinions in a forum can come across the wrong way. I don't think it's anger. Just some are outspoken.

;-)
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great Post, appreciate you writing a bit more than abuse towards me :):):)

Your welcome. :)
    It's sometimes fun to just go for it but constructive works better in a debate. Otherwise it's just a slanging match.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bootyache wrote: »
    Everyone has an opinion. Quite right too.

Sometimes opinions in a forum can come across the wrong way. I don't think it's anger. Just some are outspoken.

;-)

Bit like Katie Hopkins:D
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    amyawake wrote: »
    Calling Nadia an interfering busybody shows how you do not recognise her attempts at peacemaking with Hopkins, e.g. the clean slate, the handshake with her, her call for a "day of peace" etc...

well she says that and then she scuttles off to bitch in whispers with others
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Morgsie wrote: »
    I don't want her to win, it will be Jim Davidson all over again

Another worthy winner for me. Hope KH does win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Another worthy winner for me. Hope KH does win.

What's worthy about her.:confused:
  • bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit like Katie Hopkins:D

:D:D:D
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think she has been mean for the sake of being mean....

You don't? You shouldn't let the mocking smile she adopts while spouting poison fool you.
    Forum Member
    i don't agree with any of KH's political or social opinions, but i find her personality one of the most robust and intact in there. she sometimes harps on a bit too much, but she takes it on the chin when people answer back or start on her, and she's not a whinger and she seems to be able to distinguish between disagreeing with someone and disliking them. For example, she didn't agree with lots of things abotu them but she didn't seem to actually dislike the plastic surgery woman or wet lettuce patsy kensit.

therefore, i can think of worse people to win, and i'm struggling to think of anyone better, other than those who have sailed through playing safe, ducking under the radar, or being pretty forgettable, which is not the BB winners criteria for me.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    i don't agree with any of KH's political or social opinions, but i find her personality one of the most robust and intact in there. she sometimes harps on a bit too much, but she takes it on the chin when people answer back or start on her, and she's not a whinger and she seems to be able to distinguish between disagreeing with someone and disliking them. For example, she didn't agree with lots of things abotu them but she didn't seem to actually dislike the plastic surgery woman or wet lettuce patsy kensit.

therefore, i can think of worse people to win, and i'm struggling to think of anyone better, other than those who have sailed through playing safe, ducking under the radar, or being pretty forgettable, which is not the BB winners criteria for me.

Didnt she cry over Perez when he didn't even talk to her directly? Hardly robust.
    Forum Member
    Didnt she cry over Perez when he didn't even talk to her directly? Hardly robust.

when was that? i must have missed it. i didn't say she was invincible anyway. just a bit more robust than most.
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member

I mostly agree with you. And you're right about the not whinging bit, which I hadn't really considered before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh..okaaay, being a nasty odious person is your criteria for a worthy BB winner...
    well each to their own and all that. Knock yourself out as they say;-)

Personally I find her one of the most objectionable women to inhabit planet earth.

p.s bib... what does an "intact personality " even mean...tell me please:)
    Forum Member
    Oh..okaaay, being a nasty odious person is your criteria for a worthy BB winner...
    well each to their own and all that. Knock yourself out as they say;-)

Personally I find her one of the most objectionable women to inhabit planet earth.

p.s bib... what does an "intact personality " even mean...tell me please:)

worthy doesn't come into it as i said. who exactly is 'worthy' in there anyway, not that its an objective criteria.

as for intact personality it means she seems to be taking it all much less to heart than some of them in there. and out here come to that.
  • ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing is for sure the more negative posts that are up about a hm normally means thy are strong contenders to win it happens every year despite attemps to bring a hm down it normally falls on deaf ears
    Judging my this forum and all the negative posts she will be a winner
    some are hunting down anything thy can to discredit her this is the first day I have taken the time to observe what. Is going on I have found it to be very desperate After all it's a show its over in a week . Once the winner is chosen all Will be forgotten the c.h.m will pick up there pay and move on thy don't get anything more for being n the final or winning the same people will like them and the people that don't will not change there mnds
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member

Agree with most of this, particularly the BIB.

I think she's great as a HM and the house would be infinitely duller without her.

I will revert to ignoring her once CBB is over but until then, I'm enjoying her.
  • ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's worthy about her.:confused:

People like who thy like as a hm she has been one of the best and the reason she can be like that is she does not worry about what people think she says what she is feeling right or wrong
    witch has always been something that has been liked in bb
    people that sit on the fence have never gone down well in my experience of bb after all if thy all sat on the fence we would have nothing to talk about on this forum
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ruffle wrote: »
    People like who thy like as a hm she has been one of the best and the reason she can be like that is she does not worry about what people think she says what she is feeling right or wrong
    witch has always been something that has been liked in bb
    people that sit on the fence have never gone down well in my experience of bb after all if thy all sat on the fence we would have nothing to talk about on this forum

Oh well, thanks for your interesting response ruffle. However I'm none the wiser as to what I orignaly asked the specfic poster.:)
  • AurelieJolieAurelieJolie Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    ruffle wrote: »
    One thing is for sure the more negative posts that are up about a hm normally means thy are strong contenders to win it happens every year despite attemps to bring a hm down it normally falls on deaf ears
    Judging my this forum and all the negative posts she will be a winner
    some are hunting down anything thy can to discredit her this is the first day I have taken the time to observe what. Is going on I have found it to be very desperate After all it's a show its over in a week . Once the winner is chosen all Will be forgotten the c.h.m will pick up there pay and move on thy don't get anything more for being n the final or winning the same people will like them and the people that don't will not change there mnds

Hopkins is going to win. That's been obvious from the start. But that does not mean everyone has to stop commenting on her unless it's positive. It's not North Korea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopkins is going to win. That's been obvious from the start. But that does not mean everyone has to stop commenting on her unless it's positive. It's not North Korea.

Absolutely. Plain as the nose on your face... ;-)
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member

Really? Has it been obvious from the start? Seems to me Perez is the chosen son, not Hopkins. I can't see her winning, I think she's way too disliked/polarising.

While I'm enjoying her lots as a HM, I'd much prefer someone nice and solid and decent like Keith to win.

Although that said, if the final 2 included Perez or Nadia and KH, then yeah, I'd be good with a Hopkins win.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genuinely think she has been a/ and continues to be a great housemate, and if she is playing the game then good for her it is a game show after all

I don't think she has been mean for the sake of being mean, she like most housemates doesn't get along with everyone and people wind her up like they would wind all of us up.

I often find myself agreeing with most of what she says (on the show) and i've realised a lot of the stuff before she entered the house was all for effect

Katie Price is so boring, Keith has done zip, Nadia is an interfering busybody with a strange fascination with Perez, Kavana and Calum don't say or do much unless annoyed. Cami Li - nice girl but no winner, Perez total idiot and attention seeking weirdo. Michelle I like and wouldn't mind if she won either

Hey its just my opinion, but I'm all for a Hopkins Win :)

Me too, she has been herself and leaves the other wannabes in the shade. KP saying she is playing a game ......aren't they all? KP certainly is. She sits there all Meek and mild, that is not her character atall.