soap cliches that really get on your nerves.

Comments

• James_VickJames_Vick Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Off-Screen Exits and Deaths really piss me off
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever someone is round at someone else's house of an evening and they fall asleep on the couch, the person who's home it is always covers the person over with a blanket instead of waking them up and sending them home! It really annoys me because in real life the person who's fallen asleep probably needs to get home!

Notes to self: don't go round Faith Elizabeth's house, if I do accidentally fall asleep she'll tell me to GTF! :D
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Sharon Watts/Mitchell whatever being portrayed as a femme fatale that every male lusts after.
  • axl roseaxl rose Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When someone is doing some plumbing or is underneath a kitchen sink unblocking it the poor bugger always ends up gets soaked.:yawn:
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    The thing that annoys me massively about soaps is everyone having everyone else's phone number.

Good one. And they even have their sworn enemy/ current bully's number, or the number of another character they've never shared a scene with.

"Hi Phil/Carl - is it ok if I take your number just so you can intimidate me some more? I currently don't have enough reasons to gaze anxiously off into the distance every time my phone rings!"
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you hate someone you will end up shagging them senseless
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone is frightened of the local 'hardman', usually a small bloke who couldn't push a door. Like Ian Beale today. Just tell them to get lost or go to the police.
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meechyemoo wrote: »
    Everyone is frightened of the local 'hardman', usually a small bloke who couldn't push a door. Like Ian Beale today. Just tell them to get lost or go to the police.

And he's usually getting on a bit.

Another cliche, hardmen always love their dear old Ma.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manslaughter is not a crime in soapland.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "So I'll see you in the pub later?"

Specific times or dates don't matter in soapland, later will do just fine. I suppose if you spend every evening in the local pub spending your minimum wage then later could be pretty accurate :)
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    "So I'll see you in the pub later?"

Specific times or dates don't matter in soapland, later will do just fine. I suppose if you spend every evening in the local pub spending your minimum wage then later could be pretty accurate :)

Yep, they're always seeing people in the pub later, then ordering "the usual" before having a couple of mouthfuls, then walking out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Throwing away letters u don't want anyone to see yet placing it in the bin at the top WITHOUT ripping it up
  • sugarandspicesugarandspice Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Women having baby's in less than fifteen minute's :rolleyes:
  • randomocityrandomocity Posts: 2,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Washing a car always turns into a water fight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In ho a bad un will turn hero overnight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having a baby not just in 15 mins, but usually early, unexpected and not in hospital. It has to be in someones house, pub, street, out in the middle of nowhere with only your rival who you hate, the real father who doesn't know, the unsuspected wife of the maybe daddy, or a random older character who is really good at the birth thing with the mother and becomes an unofficial grandmother/grandfather.

Noone ever has a baby overdue where they are waiting around for the baby to come, or it takes ages to arrive once labor starts, needs help to be born. That would be a good soap baby delivery for a change, like when Rachel in Friends had hers and all the mums came and went :) and her baby was breach so took longer.

They go from 0 to full on pushing withing seconds. The pains starts off as if it's at the last stage, the water breaks, they have the baby. I know every women is different and it can be like that, but it's every time, and is less likely with all it nearly always being first time mums too.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whenever anyone leaves town, that's it, you will never be mentioned again it's almost as if you never existed. EastEnders is awful for this.
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Manslaughter is not a crime in soapland.

It is for some people :cry:
    whenever anyone leaves town, that's it, you will never be mentioned again it's almost as if you never existed. EastEnders is awful for this.

Jasmine :cry::cry:
  • melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    The whole trying to tell somebody some earth-shatteringly important news shtick that all the soaps must have used a billion times and then some - where the recipient of said news inevitably starts babbling over the news-giver with some banal diatribe (usually something that makes whatever the person is trying to tell them 1000x worse) despite the fact that that the person trying to tell them something is clearly distressed and anybody in that situation would have picked up on this and let them speak before going off on a tangent. Winds me right up. It's especially annoying when the babbler then rushes off, leaving the news-giver behind to huff anxiously into the camera.

hahaha!!! oh this !! so well put!! this does my head in too.....

grave face-" ive got something really important i need to say....."

joyous face- "no no!! dont say anything!! you dont need to!! i feel TOOOTTTALLY the same !! i love you toooo!!1"

*skips off into sunset*

grave face-...."grr. i hate that bitch".
  • melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kerry1681 wrote: »
    Having a baby not just in 15 mins, but usually early, unexpected and not in hospital. It has to be in someones house, pub, street, out in the middle of nowhere with only your rival who you hate, the real father who doesn't know, the unsuspected wife of the maybe daddy, or a random older character who is really good at the birth thing with the mother and becomes an unofficial grandmother/grandfather.

Noone ever has a baby overdue where they are waiting around for the baby to come, or it takes ages to arrive once labor starts, needs help to be born. That would be a good soap baby delivery for a change, like when Rachel in Friends had hers and all the mums came and went :) and her baby was breach so took longer.

They go from 0 to full on pushing withing seconds. The pains starts off as if it's at the last stage, the water breaks, they have the baby. I know every women is different and it can be like that, but it's every time, and is less likely with all it nearly always being first time mums too.

this too.

itvwould be lovely to see a full-term pregnancy, ending with very slight contractions which last for hours before being admitted into hospital for a 10 hour labour.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    "Why didn't you tell me"

"Because I knew how you'll react" :rolleyes:
  • _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When people cut off a conversation by saying something rude or blunt ("I'm not talking to you about this") and walking off, especially when talking to the police, teachers, doctors etc. You just wouldn't do that!?
  • Markyboy79Markyboy79 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    When the person in charge of the cafe or pub suddenly decide to close and end up kicking all the customers out, they all seem to meekly walk out without causing a fuss. If it happened to me I would refuse to leave until I had finished!!
  • sugarandspicesugarandspice Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When an Ep reveals a character will be murdered in a who dun it all of a sudden about 20 people take a string dislike to the character :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    when someone is accused of a crime despite knowing them for years they are immediately shunned by the comunity and the person making the accusation is always believed :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: