Options

rosacea and rozex gel

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
Forum Member
Hi. On tuesday a nurse ( no doctors were available) told me I had rosacea. I went in with my face (forehead, next to my nose chin and nose) really read and itchy. I was always told I had eczema n have been using hydro cortizone. Recently I did notice very few spots with either pus or water coming out (im 27 yrs old) when I have an itchy flare up. The nurse prescribed rozex and iv been using it for 3 days and my whole face is covered in red spots. I dont know if I should go back in or give the gel a chance. Is this part of the healing process? I know acne is one of the symptoms but iv not had it this bad.

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,112
    Forum Member
    It may be you need the cream instead. I use Rozex gel and have done for about 15 years and it's worked wonders on me, haven't had any sort of problems for about 8 years now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you so much for the reply. Did u have acne with the rosacea before using rozex? Hope you dont mind me asking. My face was only itchy and red when I went in and now its covered in really red spots which are watering at night (I look in the mirror and it takes me back to my teenage years but even then it wasnt this bad)
    I went in to see a gp she told me to stop using anything and let my skin reaction settle and prescribed some cetirizine tablets.
    Iv been using tea tree oil and moisturizing with vaseline pefume free lotion. I dont know if its settling I just think it looks really bad :( but gp said I dont look too bad to her because she has seen worse.
    I have a follow up appointment booked for thursday with the nurse I seen on tuesday. See what happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    snowiris wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the reply. Did u have acne with the rosacea before using rozex? Hope you dont mind me asking. My face was only itchy and red when I went in and now its covered in really red spots which are watering at night (I look in the mirror and it takes me back to my teenage years but even then it wasnt this bad)
    I went in to see a gp she told me to stop using anything and let my skin reaction settle and prescribed some cetirizine tablets.
    Iv been using tea tree oil and moisturizing with vaseline pefume free lotion. I dont know if its settling I just think it looks really bad :( but gp said I dont look too bad to her because she has seen worse.
    I have a follow up appointment booked for thursday with the nurse I seen on tuesday. See what happens.

When I first had it my face was covered in the red 'butterfly' rash. No acne as such, but people would comment and said it looked like a rash or an allergic reaction. I was given tetracycline tablets but they didn't agree with me. The rozex gel worked but I can't remember how long it took.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hi just a little update. went to see the same nurse as before for my follow up. she said the spots were part of the process and rozex does take a while to work. so Im going to give it another go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hi just a little update. went to see the same nurse as before for my follow up. she said the spots were part of the process and rozex does take a while to work. so Im going to give it another go.

Good. It's worked wonders for me.
  • Options
    nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I got diagnosed with Rosacea in 2010 :-( I only have it on my cheeks and think it was triggered towards the end of my second pregnancy.

I've tried tetracycline, rozex and another prescribed cream but sadly it remained. I have the occasional spot but mainly its just the flushed look on my cheeks

There is a really good product that is all natural called proskin rosacea you can order it on amazon and it calmed mine down a bit, but as I'm pregnant again I'm not aloud to use to it.

What I have found to use in its absence though is a normal tea tree oil foam face wash from SuperDrug or tea tree based soap, in the 7 months Ive been using just the tea tree it's been alot less fiery. Whether that remains the case once I have the baby I don't know but I shall wait and see.

Wishing you lots of luck! ;)
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    It may be you need the cream instead. I use Rozex gel and have done for about 15 years and it's worked wonders on me, haven't had any sort of problems for about 8 years now.

Same here. I was prescibed rozex gel instead of cream and it helped clear it up no end.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi. On tuesday a nurse ( no doctors were available) told me I had rosacea. I went in with my face (forehead, next to my nose chin and nose) really read and itchy. I was always told I had eczema n have been using hydro cortizone. Recently I did notice very few spots with either pus or water coming out (im 27 yrs old) when I have an itchy flare up. The nurse prescribed rozex and iv been using it for 3 days and my whole face is covered in red spots. I dont know if I should go back in or give the gel a chance. Is this part of the healing process? I know acne is one of the symptoms but iv not had it this bad.

Did your doctor consider dermatitis herpetiformis?