Options

Jeremy Forrest

Comments

• Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floog wrote: »
    No she wasn't. She was 15 not 5 and knew exactly what she was doing and what was happening.

Did she know dhe was being goomed by a sleaze?
    Did she understand he was setting her up for a squalid affair?
    Did she understand that she was in the hands of a highly manipulative man?
    At 14, she didn't.
    But he certainly did.
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Gemma' reminds me of a friend I had in high school. Completely vulnerable and an interest in older men. At 14/15 she didn't know what she was doing and had a lot of troubles at home.

Sure, teenagers aren't all sweetness and light but adults have a responsibility to protect them from making bad decisions.
  • Options
    VDUBsterVDUBster Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish people would actually learn the meaning of the word Paedophile.
    Because Forrest was not a paedophile.

And no, I'm not defending him!
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems inappropriate to me for the mother to be writing about this, she is exposing her daughter far more than was already done during the case.

In addition, does she explain how it may have affected her daughter to see her mother have 5 children with 3 different men and have so much change and turbulence during her childhood?
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    tiacat wrote: »
    It seems inappropriate to me for the mother to be writing about this, she is exposing her daughter far more than was already done during the case.

In addition, does she explain how it may have affected her daughter to see her mother have 5 children with 3 different men and have so much change and turbulence during her childhood?

I was wondering how she can even write it, since her daughter can never legally be named in connection with the case, even by herself. So unless the mother is jumping through wording hoops and never using the girl's name (which will make it impossible to read) or changing names, then I don't see how it's going to work.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those pictures of the ferret like Forrest are awful and to think he sent naked pics to her of himself!!:o. And still his family think he's wonderful. hes a creep.
  • Options
    The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well whatever the term is, he is still a predator and she was still a vulnerable child, the comments of the DM readers blame her as much as him and I find that outrageous.

Is the sand up to your ears, or all the way up to your neck?

He ran away with his teenage lover, who was more than willing let's not forget. Yes she was underage, but he's no Jimmy bloody Savile. There's worse people to hate. He's just a bellend who made idiotic decisions and did all his thinking with his todger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy76 wrote: »
    I don't think he's a paedophile, but he is a disgrace to the teaching profession. He took that young lass out of the country without her family's permission which was a gross breach of the trust placed in him as a teacher.

I know the girl herself at the time stated that she wasn't groomed and was a willing participant, but imagine if it was your daughter or young relative who went missing and it turned out they were abroad with their teacher - well, you would want his guts for garters.

No doubt it won't be long till he's out of prison - at least he will never teach again, he is unfit for that profession.

This we can all agree on.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

He ran away with his teenage lover, who was more than willing let's not forget. He's no Jimmy bloody Savile. There's worse people to hate.

It's possible to disapprove of more than one thing at a time.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member

He ran away with his teenage lover, who was more than willing let's not forget. Yes she was underage, but he's no Jimmy bloody Savile. There's worse people to hate. He's just a bellend who made idiotic decisions and did all his thinking with his todger.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not forget the guy was jailed for what he did. It's not like he got away with it.
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    I was wondering how she can even write it, since her daughter can never legally be named in connection with the case, even by herself. So unless the mother is jumping through wording hoops and never using the girl's name (which will make it impossible to read) or changing names, then I don't see how it's going to work.

She's changing names (including her own as "author").
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or maybe like someone who has actually been convicted in a court of law.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yaristaman wrote: »

In the case of Brittan, two different victims have individually and separately gone to the police, they have given their accounts and the identities and descriptions of the perpetrator match up perfectly as does their description of the perpetrator's modus operandi, i.e. the boys were forced to wear effeminate clothing before being assaulted/abused/raped.

It now turns out that Brittan's interview with the police was being conducted not as in a witness capacity (e.g. over missing documents) but in a suspect capacity (in the case of a rape of a 19 year old woman) and he was due to be formally interviewed again http://www.scribd.com/doc/253608364/After-Brittan-s-death-The-questions before he died/suicided.

The following links are presented and they are already fully in the public domain:

Leon Brittan abused me and other children at Westminster VIP paedophile parties

Tom Watson: Leon Brittan child rape investigation must continue despite his death

As for Forrest and the more recent Simon Parsons case (see http://www.gazetteseries.co.uk/news/11741817.Disgraced_teacher_from_Dursley_who_bore_a_child_with_his_student_at_a_Thornbury_school_jailed_for_12_months/?ref=mr), there is really no excuse for their conduct and they should have fully complied with the statutory age of consent which is 18 when one is in a position of care and responsibility for young people. Such a lack of professional judgement is also a career killer.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yaristaman wrote: »

Kangaroo Court of social media is all many need these days. Very dangerous times we live in.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the case of Brittan, two different victims have individually and separately gone to the police, they have given their accounts and the identities and descriptions of the perpetrator match up perfectly as does their description of the perpetrator's modus operandi, i.e. the boys were forced to wear effeminate clothing before being assaulted/abused/raped.

It now turns out that Brittan's interview with the police was being conducted not as in a witness capacity (e.g. over missing documents) but in a suspect capacity (in the case of a rape of a 19 year old woman) and he was due to be formally interviewed again http://www.scribd.com/doc/253608364/After-Brittan-s-death-The-questions before he died/suicided.

The following links are presented and they are already fully in the public domain:

Leon Brittan abused me and other children at Westminster VIP paedophile parties

Tom Watson: Leon Brittan child rape investigation must continue despite his death

As for Forrest and the more recent Simon Parsons case (see http://www.gazetteseries.co.uk/news/11741817.Disgraced_teacher_from_Dursley_who_bore_a_child_with_his_student_at_a_Thornbury_school_jailed_for_12_months/?ref=mr), there is really no excuse for their conduct and they should have fully complied with the statutory age of consent which is 18 when one is in a position of care and responsibility for young people. Such a lack of professional judgement is also a career killer.

His reputation will be utterly destroyed if the allegations about him are true. It really doesn't surprise me that there were politicians who were paedophiles back then. In fact, there could very well be ones these days as well.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member

He is a predatory child-sex offender, a betrayer of the trust placed in him as a teacher of children, and a child abductor to boot. He started his sexual grooming activities when the girl was 14 IIRC, fracked her when she was 15, at least one other pupil has provided evidence that he started grooming her at the age of 13, he got his just desserts; that's it.

Attempts to minimise and mitigate what he did don't make those who attempt it look good. Money making exercises by anyone connected with his disgraceful criminal behaviour or his victim are contemptible, as are any media who seek to gain readers out of it - though for certain trashy tabloids, that is just par for the course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    He is a predatory child-sex offender, a betrayer of the trust placed in him as a teacher of children, and a child abductor to boot. He started his sexual grooming activities when the girl was 14 IIRC, got his just desserts, and that's it. Attempts to minimise what he did don't make those who attempt it look good. Money making exercises by anyone connected with his disgraceful criminal behaviour are contemptible, as are any media who seek to gain readers out of it - though for certain tabloid trash, that is just par for the course.

^^^ This and it's completely unacceptable conduct. If a student leaves at the age of 18 then they can have an affair with whoever they like but any relationship before then with any tutor, teacher, etc. is just not on and the older person in a position of authority should always act responsibly and discourage any intimate involvement.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Nice mother raking up the child's past all to try and make money. No one comes out of the story well but the mother now takes the top prize for being greedy and out for all she can get. I feel sorry for the daughter with a mother like that.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    Nice mother raking up the child's past all to try and make money. No one comes out of the story well but the mother now takes the top prize for being greedy and out for all she can get. I feel sorry for the daughter with a mother like that.

Exactly unless I am reading it wrong. She also now has a new baby with another partner. No wonder the girl was so mixed up.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    It now turns out that Brittan's interview with the police was being conducted not as in a witness capacity (e.g. over missing documents) but in a suspect capacity (in the case of a rape of a 19 year old woman) and he was due to be formally interviewed again before he died/suicided.

:confused::confused:
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Exactly unless I am reading it wrong. She also now has a new baby with another partner. No wonder the girl was so mixed up.

And clearly looking for something, relationships can often be about escape from something else.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    He is a predatory child-sex offender, a betrayer of the trust placed in him as a teacher of children, and a child abductor to boot. He started his sexual grooming activities when the girl was 14 IIRC, fracked her when she was 15, at least one other pupil has provided evidence that he started grooming her at the age of 13, he got his just desserts; that's it.

Attempts to minimise and mitigate what he did don't make those who attempt it look good. Money making exercises by anyone connected with his disgraceful criminal behaviour or his victim are contemptible, as are any media who seek to gain readers out of it - though for certain trashy tabloids, that is just par for the course.

Fully agree. And for those saying the girl was reaching out because of home troubles / need to be loved or whatever - well schools are full of kids with "family issues". It's up to the trained, professional teaching staff to recognise this for what it is, not get an erection over it.