Options

18 year old woman from USA plans to MARRY her father

gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"An 18-year-old is planning to marry her long-lost father and move to New Jersey where she says incest is legal, according to New York magazine.

The unnamed couple living in the Great Lakes region is making news after the daughter gave an interview to the magazine about the relationship with her father.

She talked about reuniting with him — whom she hadn’t seen since she was about 5 — 12 years later and finding herself instantly attracted to him.

The daughter, who suffers from abandonment issues, told the magazine that she lost her virginity to her father just days after reuniting with him."

http://pix11.com/2015/01/16/18-year-old-plans-to-marry-long-lost-father-move-to-nj-where-incest-is-legal/

What do you think of this? If true it is pretty shocking but probably is more common than we think.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I think it's lovely when families are close.

But seriously, that's extremely weird. However I wouldn't try to stop them and I don't consider it any of my business.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i can sort of get it on the child`s part but i have trouble computing the parent side.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    That is really disgusting. Has she lost her mind? I feel sorry for her poor mum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    That is really disgusting. Has she lost her mind? I feel sorry for her poor mum.

she`s a kid with psychological issues surrounding the separation from her father, interesting that you`e selected her for criticism but not the parent who`s been an adult the entire time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    she`s a kid with psychological issues surrounding the separation from her father, interesting that you`e selected her for criticism but not the parent who`s been an adult the entire time.

Well the sick father ought to know better too. It's like he's using her for something when he's meant to be protecting her as a father and comforting her, not marrying her.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disturbing story, more so considering they plan to have a large family - no consideration re possible health issues of any off spring. Abhorrent.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As sick goes, this is right up there in the higher echelons.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for the daughter, she's obviously very confused. Her 'dad' should know better.
  • Options
    Cougar GirlCougar Girl Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusting! :cry: *Vomits*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i can sort of get it on the child`s part but i have trouble computing the parent side.

Well maybe she's really hot?

Haven't you even considered that. Wow. :p
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsands wrote: »
    Well maybe she's really hot?

Haven't you even considered that. Wow. :p

Your comment is as sick as this proposed marriage is.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    It's gross but not unheard of to have a relationship with a parent or sibling you have never met before or haven't seen in a long, long time. The attraction even has a proper name. But i'm too lazy to google it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    It's gross but it's not unheard of to have a relationship with a parent you have never met or haven't seen in a long, long time. The attraction even has a proper name. But i'm too lazy to google it.

genetic sexual attraction.
  • Options
    lee_sharplee_sharp Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe his motto is 'why pay for a takeaway when you can cook at home'.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    genetic sexual attraction.

Thank you.
  • Options
    KalmiaKalmia Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    The abandonment issues part is ringing alarm bells. Her long lost father comes back into her life and her reaction is to marry him? I know she's 18 so there might not be much that can be done, but I'd be worried that he's taking advantage of those issues she has.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the rest of his life the man will be known as the loon who married his own daughter. I suppose it doesn't matter, he can take to his NRA bunker and wait for the apocalypse.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If 2 adults want to have sexual relations I don't think the state or any other authority should be imposing cultural/religious taboos. If it's legal in NJ let them get on with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    Your comment is as sick as this proposed marriage is.

Still though. Surely better hot than a complete hag? ;-)
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see someone with their finger on the moral pulse of DS
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't Googled it, I'd be embarrassed to, but I find it hard to believe that incest is legal in NJ, adult or otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I haven't Googled it, I'd be embarrassed to, but I find it hard to believe that incest is legal in NJ, adult or otherwise.

i`m not sure it`s legal exactly, just that they don`t penalise over 18`s.

edit: but don`t they have blood tests for everyone getting married in the us for this reason?
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's gross, but if they aren't harming anyone else let them get on with it. I don't agree with it being a crime.
  • Options
    lee_sharplee_sharp Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember a story of two blokes who met and started having a relationship, only to find out they were half brothers......
  • Options
    cdtaylor_natscdtaylor_nats Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they only plan to move to NJ where were they when she lost her virginity to him? If incest is illegal there then he should be jailed.