XB1/ PS4 review scores

Comments

• SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    So, you are basically saying that anyone who has purchased an Xbox one for games is a fanboy. Is that right?

No not at all. Maybe I didn't explain it well.

I'm saying if I (me) picked the Xbox one solely for the games (say I love Forza ) I would be pissed off. But if I picked it for being a fanboy then it wouldn't bother me as I love the brand and they can do no wrong.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Ok, i think i get it.

I hope you enjoy your PS4 SL, regardless of the months of fun we've had with DRM, Resolutiongate, rumours of yield issues and game delays i'm sure that we (fans of gaming) will have a ton of fun no matter what console we decide on.

The future is bright for all of us.:)

Edit: and for the record, i don't mind slagging off MS, some of their decisions over the last few months have been terrible.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously?

I'll give you Forza, I'll even give you Ryse although i'm not sure if Ryse has any PVP multiplayer. Killerinstinct however, can be purchased in full for £16.99. There are other transactions in place, but those are purely aesthetic (clothing etc).

Its certainly not 'Pay to win' as you can't buy any upgrades etc.

I'm with you on the whole micro transaction and season pass thing. It stinks. Especially when games hold back content to put in these season passes (forza 5). But im not sure where your coming from with the PS4 smugness. I want to own both consoles, how should i feel?

Killer Instinct is a game I'd like to play. Although I have to admit I definately prefer the art direction and graphics of the arcade original.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    No not at all. Maybe I didn't explain it well.

I'm saying if I (me) picked the Xbox one solely for the games (say I love Forza ) I would be pissed off. But if I picked it for being a fanboy then it wouldn't bother me as I love the brand and they can do no wrong.

Im a 360 owner and have preordered my XB1, why?

Im not a fanboy in terms of everything MS do I will buy, I wont. Sure at launch it looks as though the PS4 is slightly better recieved (well, i havent read any reviewers complaining of hardware failures yet for the XB1 as IGN did) but you simply cannot review ANY console correctly at launch. So much will change, as this review from Kotaku points out, the Xbox 360 was reinvented several times over its life time simply by software updates:

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-the-kotaku-review-1467960010

That review is a very fair an honest one of the XB1, it has great potential and just misses the mark...At the moment... MS are working on updates for it, as are Sony for theirs.

I hate all the fanboy crap, yeah the PS4 has more cores, but the XB1 cores run at double speed so that kinda negates that advantage..... The PS4 is a sleek looking box, the XB1 is a beast of a thing...... Who cares, im 36 and work for a living so I dont care about all these "PS4 is better...no its not, the XB1 is better".

The thing about the XB1 always has been its looking to the future, Ok, MS got it badly wrong at announcement (COnstant Online connection, no reselling of games....though they did correct this), but they were putting on their big boy pants and taking gaming forward (Cloud based game installs etc, not needing the disc again) and its sad that they've completely U Turned over that as some of what they were proposing was clever (ignoring the huge downpoints such as those I've mentioned earlier)

One of the main reasons I'm buying XB1 is the same reason a lot of people will......Xbox Live is superb, from what I understand of the PSN, THAT will be the main advantage over the PS4 at launch. (XBL has apparently more servers at launch available:

Perhaps some of the launch titles are rushed (Ive ordered DR3 and will probably buy a digital copy of Forza, dependign on cost of course) but you cant doubt the ambition MS have shown with the machine. Perhaps the PS4 is initially the superior gaming machine, with the X360 it constantly evolved, so will the new one..
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What time is the embargo lifted UK time?
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    What time is the embargo lifted UK time?

11am

Forum Member
    Yeah, X1 reviews have been around since yesterday.

I assumed brb was talking about Ryse, the only game still embargoed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, it was about Ryse! I knew it was within the next few hours, but couldn't remember :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Latman wrote: »
    Im a 360 owner and have preordered my XB1, why?

Im not a fanboy in terms of everything MS do I will buy, I wont. Sure at launch it looks as though the PS4 is slightly better recieved (well, i havent read any reviewers complaining of hardware failures yet for the XB1 as IGN did) but you simply cannot review ANY console correctly at launch. So much will change, as this review from Kotaku points out, the Xbox 360 was reinvented several times over its life time simply by software updates:

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-the-kotaku-review-1467960010

That review is a very fair an honest one of the XB1, it has great potential and just misses the mark...At the moment... MS are working on updates for it, as are Sony for theirs.

I hate all the fanboy crap, yeah the PS4 has more cores, but the XB1 cores run at double speed so that kinda negates that advantage..... The PS4 is a sleek looking box, the XB1 is a beast of a thing...... Who cares, im 36 and work for a living so I dont care about all these "PS4 is better...no its not, the XB1 is better".

The thing about the XB1 always has been its looking to the future, Ok, MS got it badly wrong at announcement (COnstant Online connection, no reselling of games....though they did correct this), but they were putting on their big boy pants and taking gaming forward (Cloud based game installs etc, not needing the disc again) and its sad that they've completely U Turned over that as some of what they were proposing was clever (ignoring the huge downpoints such as those I've mentioned earlier)

One of the main reasons I'm buying XB1 is the same reason a lot of people will......Xbox Live is superb, from what I understand of the PSN, THAT will be the main advantage over the PS4 at launch. (XBL has apparently more servers at launch available:

Perhaps some of the launch titles are rushed (Ive ordered DR3 and will probably buy a digital copy of Forza, dependign on cost of course) but you cant doubt the ambition MS have shown with the machine. Perhaps the PS4 is initially the superior gaming machine, with the X360 it constantly evolved, so will the new one..

I too own an xbox 360 and have done for 7 or so years (don't own a PS3) so I feel Im in the same boat as yourself. The thing is you are putting your faith in the future of a machine that you know very little about. All you have to go on is rumour. Sure the Xbox one may be a roaring success but what MS wanted to do at the reveal and what they are doing with their first 3 games is a huge alarm bell. That just screams "stay away" for me.

Also you say xbox live is superb, compared to what? I have had xbox live for 7 years and I have hated it. Where do I start? Ads everywhere despite it being a paid service. To play online for Sony is free and if you pay for their subscription you dont get ads. I got nothing for my 7 years loyalty with Microsoft bar the very poor games for gold they implemented to try and rival Sony. Except when you look at what Sony got free and what we got free its laughable. The only advantage I can see for 360 over PS3 is 360 got party chat.

And both machines will evolve I guess it just depends on what you want.

All in one entertainment system with features missing outside of the USA (which may or may not be implemented later) but what is there seems to work great, get an Xbox one.

A machine which focus on games rather than entertainment and at this stage seems to be the superior gaming console get a PS4.

That is how I came to my decision. Like I said before I have not preordered anything and am waiting till the last possible minute for all the information to come to light.
    Forum Member
    Ryse Reviews

Polygon 6/10

Eurogamer 5/10

Gamespot 4/10

IGN 6.8

Kotaku: Yes

Joystiq: 2.5/5

Destructoid 5/10

OXM 7/10

EGM 7.5/10

Gametrailers 7.0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    Gametrailers gave Ryse - 7/10
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Yep.

Pants game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Official Xbox Magazine gave it a 7. :eek: It must be bad
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryse Reviews

Polygon 6/10

Eurogamer 5/10

Gamespot 4/10

IGN 6.8

Kotaku: Yes

Joystiq: 2.5/5

Destructoid 5/10

OXM 7/10

EGM 7.5/10

Gametrailers 7.0

Was interested in seeing what Gamespot gave it.

I watched a live stream last night on twitch of them playing it and it appeared they didn't think it was that great.

Although it looked superb and some of the animations, particularly executions did look impressive, it was VERY repetitive.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a shame about Ryse. Was hoping it would get a few good reviews. Although, I may still pick it up as the online aspect of it looked quite fun in videos I've seen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very interesting how mixed the reviews are. Some slamming the multi-player aspect (GameSpot), where as some are praising the multi-player as being fantastic (IGN).
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Videogamer - 7/10
    http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/ryse_review.html

Gamesradar - 3.5/5

Metro.co.uk - 3/10

MMGN - 6.5

Gamersglobal.de - 6.5/10

It's taking a right beating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is how I came to my decision. Like I said before I have not preordered anything and am waiting till the last possible minute for all the information to come to light.
    Well done, you came a decision. So why do you care what other people are buying? Xbox One appeals to some people, get over it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryse is strange really. They've obviously spent a lot of time and effort to make it look good and play smoothly with good character animations but didn't put enough thought into the actual combat which is the main aspect of the game. It seems like a few changes to the combat system to make it more difficult and rewarding (and a bit more variety) and it could have been a really good game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smudged wrote: »
    Well done, you came a decision. So why do you care what other people are buying? Xbox One appeals to some people, get over it.

Eh its a forum and Its called an opinion and like you we all have one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One funny thing about the Ryse scores is people are saying they will give it a go as it looks great, shows off the next gen hardware. The same people who during resoloutiongate were saying graphics aren't everything. :D

And before anybody says anything I don't think graphics are that important I'm just laughing at the hypocrisy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    It's taking a beating.... ryse didn't ryse up.... ok i'll go.