Cards To Say Sorry?

2»

Comments

• Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are able to do so, what about making a card yourself? It would be so much more personal than one that you have bought from a shop and would seem a much better way of saying sorry.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are able to do so, what about making a card yourself? It would be so much more personal than one that you have bought from a shop and would seem a much better way of saying sorry.
    Spiffing idea!
    All you need is a Cornflakes box, some scissors, some glue, some glitter, some coloured felt pens, some stencils, some cellophane, some cut outs from a few magazines and .....
    Oh fk Blue Peter - it's only £3 for a sodding card!
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spiffing idea!
    All you need is a Cornflakes box, some scissors, some glue, some glitter, some coloured felt pens, some stencils, some cellophane, some cut outs from a few magazines and .....

Very funny :D I was only trying to help.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for a face-to-face apology. It makes the world of difference to the other person, will gain you respect, and you'll feel better for being brave.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very funny :D I was only trying to help.
    Bless you :D
    I have a DiL who would do what you suggested and she is bluddy good at it too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologise in person. Sending a card is a cop-out.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Another vote for a face-to-face apology. It makes the world of difference to the other person, will gain you respect, and you'll feel better for being brave.
    Red John wrote: »
    Apologise in person. Sending a card is a cop-out.

Do we know if the person potentially receiving the card even lives nearby? That could be one reason for sending a card. Personally I think it's a good icebreaker and a good first step
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think writing an apology is a good thing to do if you have upset someone and not a cop out at all. At least they will know that you have made some real effort and thought about them.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I think writing an apology is a good thing to do if you have upset someone and not a cop out at all. At least they will know that you have made some real effort and thought about them.

Exactly :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Do we know if the person potentially receiving the card even lives nearby? That could be one reason for sending a card. Personally I think it's a good icebreaker and a good first step

The OP has already said the reason (s)he doesn't want to apologise in person is lack of courage. If it was distance I'm sure (s)he would have have mentioned that instead.
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spiffing idea!

The pair of you, absolutely brilliant. Made me laugh.:D:D:D:D
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cards are very common, but I think a personal or face to face delivery is most effective
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pair of you, absolutely brilliant. Made me laugh.:D:D:D:D

Glad we amused you. I was amused by the remark to my thought too.

Still the fact is that people do appreciate hand-made cards. I make them (not ones like kids on Blue Peter would make) and sell them and the money I make goes to several charities. They sell like hot cakes and lots of people to whom I send birthday and Christmas cards every year tell me how much they like them and they keep them all. We had to clear out my MIL's house a couple of years ago and found that she had kept all the cards I had made for her, (she hadn't kept any other cards).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad we amused you. I was amused by the remark to my thought too.

Still the fact is that people do appreciate hand-made cards. I make them (not ones like kids on Blue Peter would make) and sell them and the money I make goes to several charities. They sell like hot cakes and lots of people to whom I send birthday and Christmas cards every year tell me how much they like them and they keep them all. We had to clear out my MIL's house a couple of years ago and found that she had kept all the cards I had made for her, (she hadn't kept any other cards).

Do you sell online?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Do you sell online?

No, as with postage and paying to ebay etc it would not be worth it. :)