Pets hating your partner

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone else had this? I'm now single but got both my cats when I was living with my ex. Both of them hated her. We got Edge in 2007. However he is a right daddys boy and would sleep on my lap for hours, come to me when he wanted something, come to me as soon as I'd call him and so on. However the only thing he'd give my now ex is evil looks. Fast forward to 2009 and we got Orton and it was like history repeating itself. Exactly the same thing, he is also a daddys boy and hated the ex.

She moved out and they didn't show any signs at all that they missed her or anything in fact they seem to have been alot happier since shes been gone.

Anyone else had a similar experience with cats? Or any pet come to that?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband adored my cat, I'd had her for 6 years before we met and for them, it was love at first sight:D

My father hated my mum's dog when they met and the feeling was mutual, she used to growl at him every time he walked past and peed on his clothes and shoes whenever she could:D I think she was just jealous and wanted my mum to herself.

Champagne was almost brought out when the dog went.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My OH got Amber for me as a 28th Birthday present - he picked her!!

They have a love / hate relationship... The OH is the one who plays with her mainly and that can descend into mayhem :eek:. He does adore her though - he is always making her new things to play with (we recently moved and he has kept several cardboard boxes so they can play 'camps). I have lost track over the years of the amount of crap we have had to keep as the cat likes to play with it :D

Amber will some times chase him - meaning she wants to play - and off they tear arounf the flat!! It's quite sweet actually. She chases him and he chases her...

I feed her, clean her litter tray, de-flea her and generally keep her in check (keep her out of the neighbours plant pots etc..) but I am also the one she comes to for cuddles and strokes ;)
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our late Benny dog adored me but just about tolerated my husband, and the late great Katie loved my husband with a passion but barely tolerated me. Mollie loves her Dad - she only loves me if he isn't around and will not go for a walk with me if her Dad is home. Duncan is a real lap dog though and doesn't care who is sitting he is instantly on the lap and happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy70 wrote: »
    My husband adored my cat, I'd had her for 6 years before we met and for them, it was love at first sight:D

My father hated my mum's dog when they met and the feeling was mutual, she used to growl at him every time he walked past and peed on his clothes and shoes whenever she could:D I think she was just jealous and wanted my mum to herself.

Champagne was almost brought out when the dog went.

Lol I'd kick out my partner before the cats :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I'd kick out my partner before the cats :p:D

Me too:D

The dog had to go and live with a friend of ours, she got a big aggressive with a family friend and it was either put the dog down or send it elswhere. My mum was devastated but it was the right call.