pure speculation - may contain spoilers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
Forum Member
but didn't Davros name The Doctor 'the destoyer of all worlds' (or something along those lines - im not that much of a geek to know it word for word lol) and according to press reports Dalton plays a judge who puts the Doctor on an intergalactic trial - could it be for destroying all worlds ?

So, could this also see the return of Davros at some point ?

The trial thing does smacks a little of the last episodes of Star Trek TNG ... but we'll see what RTD may or may not have lifted from other shows come festive time

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a reference to the way the Doctor wiped out the Daleks and the Time Lords at the end of the Time War and/or Skaro in Remembrance Of The Daleks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    addax wrote: »
    but didn't Davros name The Doctor 'the destoyer of all worlds' (or something along those lines - im not that much of a geek to know it word for word lol) and according to press reports Dalton plays a judge who puts the Doctor on an intergalactic trial - could it be for destroying all worlds ?

The trial thing does smacks a little of the last episodes of Star Trek TNG ... but we'll see what RTD may or may not have lifted from other shows come festive time

Well technically the Trial of a Timelord was first....so chances are that if RTD has lifted anything from anywhere, it is likely to be from DW;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Well technically the Trial of a Timelord was first....so chances are that if RTD has lifted anything from anywhere, it is likely to be from DW;)

Actually, humans being on trial in ST TNG is at the first episode of the first series. The conclusion of the trial being the last episode of the last series.

ST TNG first episode premiered in September 1987.
    Trial of a Time Lord aired from September until December 1986.
    (courtesy of Wikipedia for the dates)

It's only one year apart. I also know that the Borg/Cybermen being quite alike that is a precedent that could lead to another accusation of Rodenberry stealing ideas from DW.
    Especially that the trial thing in ST TNG was added at the last minute : the episode was supposed to be 25 minutes until the channel asked for a 41 minutes show. So Rodenberry had to add a subplot.
    Did he steal that idea from DW ?
    I have no idea but I don't like to think so. He was a gifted man with a vision, I'm not sure he needed to steal ideas anywhere. Not consciously at least.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solamenn wrote: »
    Actually, humans being on trial in ST TNG is at the first episode of the first series. The conclusion of the trial being the last episode of the last series.

ST TNG first episode premiered in September 1987.
    Trial of a Time Lord aired from September until December 1986.
    (courtesy of Wikipedia for the dates)

It's only one year apart. I also know that the Borg/Cybermen being quite alike that is a precedent that could lead to another accusation of Rodenberry stealing ideas from DW.
    Especially that the trial thing in ST TNG was added at the last minute : the episode was supposed to be 25 minutes until the channel asked for a 41 minutes show. So Rodenberry had to add a subplot.
    Did he steal that idea from DW ?
    I have no idea but I don't like to think so. He was a gifted man with a vision, I'm not sure he needed to steal ideas anywhere. Not consciously at least.

Oh I am not saying that ST TNG trial was lifted from DW, what I meant was that, if as rumours seem likely, RTD will probably be doing something similar to TTOATL, rather than ST TNG,....maybe it even might make references to that part of the DW story as well:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Oh I am not saying that ST TNG trial was lifted from DW, what I meant was that, if as rumours seem likely, RTD will probably be doing something similar to TTOATL, rather than ST TNG,....maybe it even might make references to that part of the DW story as well:)

I agree : I'm not sure RTD is a ST fan but he seems to know very well his Classic Who :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solamenn wrote: »
    I agree : I'm not sure RTD is a ST fan but he seems to know very well his Classic Who :D

Yes he does....although that won't stop some people from saying that he lifted the idea from ST;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    addax wrote: »

Interesting points mad there. Not seen Journeys End for a while but was there any reset switch for the universes that had been destroyed by Dave Ross prior to his meeting with the Doctor in "ours"?