This series has been one BLATANT job interview for Cole for US X Factor!

foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone feel this?

Even when Simon 'critics' Cheryl's decisions, it all seems for effect, and therefore rather hollow....

He is trying desperately to get her on the US judging panel, and this has just been one, drawn out exercise, performed in front of our eyes!

Really is manipulation of the highest order!

Danni, I believe is the most truthful judge with integrity, who fully emersed herself in her acts -- and her efforts have been greatly rebutted by the 'double-act' of Cole and Cowell..

Don't vote in the final people, they have already decided their winner!

I really like Rebbecca, but because of Cheryl, I don't want her to be victorious, purely to bring her mentor down a peg or two!

X Factor has officially jumped the shark!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cher will probably sell records, but she needs to move to America, where they will lap up that 'gangsta-gurning' style she has adopted!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest!!!!!

Matt to win - Danni and Matt both deserve it!

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree with you and posted something similar in another thread a few minutes ago.

I want Matt to win purely to wipe the smirk off of the gruesome twosomes faces

Plus I hope Dannii then resigns live on air.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a job interview but trying to raise her chances.if only Simon was as dedicated towards the artists on his label as he is with CHeryl. He looks really foolish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. They're gagging for another Simon vs. Cheryl final 2 and nothing will stop them trying to get that. :rolleyes:

It's totally unfair and it's clear Cheryl's going to get her hatrick to boost her credentials for US XF. Disgrace!

Come on Dannii and Matt! Mess it up for 'em :D
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »
    Does anyone feel this?

Even when Simon 'critics' Cheryl's decisions, it all seems for effect, and therefore rather hollow....

He is trying desperately to get her on the US judging panel, and this has just been one, drawn out exercise, performed in front of our eyes!

Danni, I believe is the most truthful judge with integrity, who fully emersed herself in her acts -- and her efforts have been greatly rebutted by the 'double-act' of Cole and Cowell..

I really like Rebbecca, but because of Cheryl, I don't want her to be victorious, purely to bring her mentor down a peg or two!

Cher will probably sell records, but she needs to move to America, where they will lap up that 'gangsta-gurning' style she has adopted!

If it is, then it's backfired spectacularly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I agree. I disagree that it's a fix towards contestants which is the general mood on here, I do believe it's to introduce Cheryl as 3 time X Factor winning mentor to XFUS. It's actually quite annoying how none of Cheryls acts get no critisim from Simon.
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the op... I hope matt wins I dont want Cheryl or Simon to take the crown again this year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Nicole Scherzinger will beat her to it. Nicole is more well-known in the states.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    I would love Nicole as a judge, she was great as one on the British X Factor, plus as TechnoMouse said, she's well more known over there. I reckon the line up will end up being though Simon, Cheryl, Nicole and possibly Louis for the comic factor of the arguments between him and Simon. If not Louis, it will be somone like JayZ.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Americans couldn't give a flying fu*k if Cheryl has won 2 or 3 times. FOX aren't going to say "oh great, Cheryl won the show again, we need her on our show", because they know the whole mentoring thing is just for effect. At most, that kind of thing would be mentioned once in the first episode. You could easily argue that it's better for the franchise if someone other than a 16-24 act wins - seeing as that's a huge part of Cowell's pitch in the US.

This is another example of DS coming up with a grand conspiracy that simply wouldn't be worth it. Plus, it's almost certainly not going to work. Matt & One Direction have been 1st/2nd favourites for weeks and weeks and weeks. Unless Rebecca really pulls something special out of the bag, she's not going to win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Princess St Cheryl is way too smug and arrogant for my liking and is constantly being shoved down our throats by SC and the supine media. I will vote like crazy to make sure Dannii wins. Even the odious 1D winning would be preferable over Cheryl, but I would not go as far as to spend my money on them. :D
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly - I would even prefer Simon (1D) to win over Cheryl.

I do like Rebecca, but I am willing to sacrifice her to bring her mentor down a peg or two....Rebecca will be fine anyway, she'll make it regardless of whether she wins or not!
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    If this is the case then I don't expect her to get the job. People hate her. She has made an absolute fool out of herself this series. "Boot ave goot two ucts left av'n a" Yes because every week they were in the bottom two they were saved by Simon. When it was down to the lowest votes your act finally bit the dust.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I use to really like Cheryl, but I find now she has got to big for her boots, while I agree this series has been a bit about her too much she has made some really big mistakes, e.g. not being familiar with Crocodile Rock!?!?!?! abstaining from voting for her acts (although I don't blame her), arguing with Wagner about personal matters I think she pretty much had the job in America regardless of what happened on the show.

ALSO does anybody else find it really cringey when Cheryl talks about/dances to/acts like an idiot when Cher is on or performing?
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    TYCO wrote: »
    If this is the case then I don't expect her to get the job. People hate her. She has made an absolute fool out of herself this series. "Boot ave goot two ucts left av'n a" Yes because every week they were in the bottom two they were saved by Simon. When it was down to the lowest votes your act finally bit the dust.

Who are the "people" that her ? If mean the minute amount of people who post on a daily basis then it's insignificant.

The whole show was just a showcase the american network and Simon Cowell has made it as controversial as possible.

It has very little to do with what other judges want but more to do with the fact that it's lauching in USA next year.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    The hat trick would be great marketing if the relationship with Derek Hough is used by Simon to increase interest in Cheryl as he has just won Dancing With The Stars (which, I believe has a higher audience than Idol) for the third time. One of his sucessful partnerships was with Nicole.
  • LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone feel this?

totally agree with you on some counts except one.I think the american has good sense when it comes down to music so no they won't lap it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly - I would even prefer Simon (1D) to win over Cheryl.

I do like Rebecca, but I am willing to sacrifice her to bring her mentor down a peg or two....Rebecca will be fine anyway, she'll make it regardless of whether she wins or not!

People said that about Stacey Soloman last year.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sort of get your point but any onlooker would surely deem she'd failed the interview? I'm aghast at how many people seem taken in her by her and would be baffled as to how a foreign audience would even give her the time of day.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree OP, the banter and the fake arguments, together with the cringeworthy fawning over each other is all just about getting them set up for the US show, and I have everything crossed that it works for Cheryl, let her take her over inflated opinion of herself over there and see how she gets on, the American audiences are harder to please than us and they will expect her to sing live, if she is stupid enough to get on stage over there, they will eat her alive.
  • Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    I would love Nicole as a judge, she was great as one on the British X Factor, plus as TechnoMouse said, she's well more known over there. I reckon the line up will end up being though Simon, Cheryl, Nicole and possibly Louis for the comic factor of the arguments between him and Simon. If not Louis, it will be somone like JayZ.

Don't know if you guys get to watch a show that's been playing over here in the U.S. for two seasons now. It's only on for a few weeks in December: The Sing Off.

http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/

It's an a cappella singing competition featuring groups. The first show of "this season" was last night. Pretty good stuff. The three judges are Ben Folds, Shawn Stockman, and Nicole Scherzinger. Now, of the three, Ben Folds is a dream judge. So knowledgeable, amusing, articulate, and not mean-spirited. He would've been a great choice for American Idol but alas, Randy wouldn't leave. Shawn's not bad either, but he's just not up to Ben's standards, I think. As for Nicole, she just seemed to be there to be pretty. Didn't add much. In fact, I was reading an American TV message board where they are discussing last night's Sing Off show and this is what several posters said (none of whom are me, by the way) about Nicole:
    ....but Nicole is a waste of a chair. Very pretty, but with very little of substance to say.
    Nicole is so effing useless.
    Oh, Nicole. How I somehow managed to forget how useless and annoying you were in the past year. She ended almost every "critique" by saying "thank you" like a little pageant queen.
    Not that you'd know it from Nicole's comments about how anyone in college who isn't in a singing group will want to be in one now and how the group had a bunch of hot girls like PCD. Thanks for all that insight.
    If only they could get rid of Nicole as a judge! I muted her the entire night.
    I believe DWTS has made me dislike Nicole more this season.

Since Nicole is constantly mentioned over here as such a good judge, who will be so great on the US X-Factor and someone Americans will like because of her "singing career" here and winning run on DWTS, I just wanted to point out that she is not the be all and end all. Americans have already seen through her and won't see her as a credible "mentor," as they barely see her as a credible judge.

Now to be fair, I did come across a positive comment, so might as well include that:
    With Nicole, I can see how she's the weakest of the three judges and says the least about the various technical aspects of singing especially compared to Ben. That being said, she made a few very strong critiques and compared to pretty much any other judge on any other reality show she's very strong. Imagine sitting down Paula, Kara, Ellen or Randy in Nicole seat and then she looks amazing.

So, in my opinion, neither Cheryl nor Nicole have any business mentoring or judging anyone on a performance/singing competition. You're just replacing one pretty, vacuous person for another. Just the nationalities are different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Hey thanks for the link I just bookmarked it so I can watch it tomorrow when I am off work.

And very interesting post as well about Nicole, who I happen to like way more than Mrs Cole.

GG
  • douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    100% agree with you and posted something similar in another thread a few minutes ago.

I want Matt to win purely to wipe the smirk off of the gruesome twosomes faces

Plus I hope Dannii then resigns live on air

And throw water over Scowell afterwards would make it even better.

It'd be even more better if Fox Executives were there to witness it all.
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if you guys get to watch a show that's been playing over here in the U.S. for two seasons now. It's only on for a few weeks in December: The Sing Off.

http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/

It's an a cappella singing competition featuring groups. The first show of "this season" was last night. Pretty good stuff. The three judges are Ben Folds, Shawn Stockman, and Nicole Scherzinger. Now, of the three, Ben Folds is a dream judge. So knowledgeable, amusing, articulate, and not mean-spirited. He would've been a great choice for American Idol but alas, Randy wouldn't leave. Shawn's not bad either, but he's just not up to Ben's standards, I think. As for Nicole, she just seemed to be there to be pretty. Didn't add much. In fact, I was reading an American TV message board where they are discussing last night's Sing Off show and this is what several posters said (none of whom are me, by the way) about Nicole:

Since Nicole is constantly mentioned over here as such a good judge, who will be so great on the US X-Factor and someone Americans will like because of her "singing career" here and winning run on DWTS, I just wanted to point out that she is not the be all and end all. Americans have already seen through her and won't see her as a credible "mentor," as they barely see her as a credible judge.

Now to be fair, I did come across a positive comment, so might as well include that:

So, in my opinion, neither Cheryl nor Nicole have any business mentoring or judging anyone on a performance/singing competition. You're just replacing one pretty, vacuous person for another. Just the nationalities are different.

Well if thats what Americans have to say about Nicole as a judge they are going to crucify Cheryl Cole.
    When Nicole filled in on X Factor she was a breath of fresh air compared to Cole. Cheryl is such a pointless addition to the panel, Nicole seemed like an excellent judge in comparison.

Whether Cheryl has been given the X Factor US slot remains to be seen. The press seem to think she has but then they think they know everything and are often wrong so who knows. Hope Cheryl is ready to fall from a huge height if she does get it. Seems to me she won't go down well.
  • Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey thanks for the link I just bookmarked it so I can watch it tomorrow when I am off work.

And very interesting post as well about Nicole, who I happen to like way more than Mrs Cole.

GG

Well, please, if you have the opportunity, take a look at this person's youtube page. He has all of last night's (the first night's) performances from the show loaded up, with the critiques, on the right side of the page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrduckbear11

They are superb. Truly. Great singing. And, listen to Ben Folds wonderful commentary.

I'd recommend the groups, Groove for Thought, Committed, Street Corner Symphony, Jerry Lawson & Talk of the Town, and Eleventh Hour (which is basically the real life "Glee").

But really.They are all so good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone feel this?

Ummm, if she wants that job and thats what she would be doing in that job, then not sure what else she would do other than be observed doing the same job?