The Walking Dead S3 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    What happened in the last few mins?
    I got a piano playing with carl asking about new group
    then the audio went back a few mins
    then black screen with earlier audio continuing with Andrea shooting herself.

Have i got a duff copy?
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »

Have i got a duff copy?

Carl walked off, then a few nice shots of the surrounding fields filled with walkers wandering around. The Woodbury folk walking into the prison. Then Rick looking up, presumably expecting to see Lori on the prison overpass but she's not there.
  • Options
    matty168matty168 Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    maybe I wasn't paying attention properly, but didnt carl say they didnt kill someone and he "came back and killed mum"??? didn't Carl kill his mum :S
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matty168 wrote: »
    maybe I wasn't paying attention properly, but didnt carl say they didnt kill someone and he "came back and killed mum"??? didn't Carl kill his mum :S

Andrew indirectly killed her and T-Dog, their deaths were down to him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not debating it at all. I've simply told you how wrong you are and that you ought to learn to pay attention

You are thoroughly unpleasant and will now take pride of place at the top of my ignore list. *clap clap*
  • Options
    XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Speaking of unfortunate deaths, am I the only one who was sad to see Axel cop it so unneccesarily?

Seems like he might have been a decent character and could have provided some good entertainment if a conflict developed between Carol, Daryl and him.

Me too!
    I also find the deaths during a series much more powerful and usually shocking,it was beautifully executed though (No pun intended!) I genuinely went:eek
    I was warming to him to and we were just getting to know him too!

I'm quite sad that Andrea died, not the characters biggest fan I can't see any reason for it, other than it's the season finale a main has to go.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    I soo did not want andrea to die:( cant belive it couldt they not have ripped into her skin cutting around where the bite was dammit

It was an amazing season though but the second half was not as amazing as the 1st half holy hell was that 1st half super tense.

Dunno how many seasons this show has got in it but i reckon around the 5 mark should do it what the hell can they do after this one
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Disappointing episode after a decent start. Carl was right to do what he did....Hershal should know that by now.

On the plus side, Andrea is dead :D Terrible, thick-as-shit character.
  • Options
    Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It`s had a few low points this series, but my God, that was an incredible finale.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep... this show has undeniably become as lost as "Lost". A sprawling pointless mess. Completely incoherent and inconsistent. The characters have no character to speak of, so every situation is just another really cheap exercise in farcical tension and suspense.

I can kind of see what you're saying, Hugh. Let's hope Rick in future seasons doesn't become convinced that blowing up a nuclear bomb will sort out his love life :rolleyes: ;):D. I still haven't gotten over the stupidity of that plotline :o.
  • Options
    2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Speaking of unfortunate deaths, am I the only one who was sad to see Axel cop it so unneccesarily?

Seems like he might have been a decent character and could have provided some good entertainment if a conflict developed between Carol, Daryl and him.

That's a good point. He seemed like a character who would have bought a little joviality to the show, and that would be much better than singing.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    I fully expect when we resume in October for several months to have passed and the fields around the prison to be full of crops.

Hmmm,

Trouble there is, if the makers go to the effort of growing crops all over the prison set it'd be a big hassle and the only justification for it would be if a lot of the 4th series stayed there too.
    It'd be possible to CGI a bunch of crops in the prison grounds but if the cast had to interact with them it'd also be a hassle.

Conversely, from an in-universe POV, it'd be smart to stay in the prison unless there was a very good reason to leave and, that being the case, they certainly would grow crops.

My money would be on them still being in the prison at the start of S4 but something happens to force them to move on very quickly.
    After all, I doubt the audience particularly want to see another series entirely focused on the same location.

S'funny but I find the prison location quite irritating now, purely because the fact it's 5 minutes from Ricks house suggests he's spent 3 years leading his group in a big circle and they've ended up back where they started which I find utterly baffling.

It's the biggest plot hole in the entire series.
    Rick's a cop and this is a prison a short distance from his house and we're supposed to accept that he knew nothing about it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Been re-reading the comics from the start tonight. I originally read them before the TV series was made and had forgotten loads of stuff from the comics itself. Whilst the early stories are good in themselves, have to say I am much prefering the TV version of the early stories. That said, the TV series was workign with original source material which they could tweek to make even better! Plan to re-read every issue over the next few weeks - it'll be interesting cos I ahve forgotten so much!
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm,

Trouble there is, if the makers go to the effort of growing crops all over the prison set it'd be a big hassle and the only justification for it would be if a lot of the 4th series stayed there too.
    It'd be possible to CGI a bunch of crops in the prison grounds but if the cast had to interact with them it'd also be a hassle.

Conversely, from an in-universe POV, it'd be smart to stay in the prison unless there was a very good reason to leave and, that being the case, they certainly would grow crops.

My money would be on them still being in the prison at the start of S4 but something happens to force them to move on very quickly.
    After all, I doubt the audience particularly want to see another series entirely focused on the same location.

S'funny but I find the prison location quite irritating now, purely because the fact it's 5 minutes from Ricks house suggests he's spent 3 years leading his group in a big circle and they've ended up back where they started which I find utterly baffling.

It's the biggest plot hole in the entire series.
    Rick's a cop and this is a prison a short distance from his house and we're supposed to accept that he knew nothing about it?

It's a bit longer than 5 minutes away, they were gone a few days when they went back to Rick's town.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    It's a bit longer than 5 minutes away, they were gone a few days when they went back to Rick's town.

They were?

There didn't seem to be much to give that impression.

Even so, we're supposed to accept that they've been travelling for months over a period of years and yet, somehow, they've ended-up back within a day or so's travel of where they started?

And nobody questioned whether or not that was a good idea?

And Rick, a guy who's a town sheriff, is utterly unfamiliar with a prison which, we now discover, is actually in his home state?

I mean, back when the zombies overran Hershel's farm, they all got in their cars and headed off back to the interstate where they met up.
    I did wonder, at the time, why they couldn't just kinda chill out for a couple of days, wait for the zombies to move on and then head back to the farm, if only to pick up supplies before moving on.

The concensus seemed to be that they decided to move on, which kinda sets a precedent for the characters motivations and yet here we are, a year later, only to find that they're actually only a day or so from where they started 3 years before.
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have i got a duff copy?

Yes. I've had this with various shows recently. Look for proper or repack which means it's been fixed.
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    They were?

There didn't seem to be much to give that impression.

Even so, we're supposed to accept that they've been travelling for months over a period of years and yet, somehow, they've ended-up back within a day or so's travel of where they started?

And nobody questioned whether or not that was a good idea?

And Rick, a guy who's a town sheriff, is utterly unfamiliar with a prison which, we now discover, is actually in his home state?

I mean, back when the zombies overran Hershel's
    , they all got in their cars and headed off back to the interstate where they met up.
    I did wonder, at the time, why they couldn't just kinda chill out for a couple of days, wait for the zombies to move on and then head back to the farm, if only to pick up supplies before moving on.

The concensus seemed to be that they decided to move on, which kinda sets a precedent for the characters motivations and yet here we are, a year later, only to find that they're actually only a day or so from where they started 3 years before.

I did begin to question the geography of the show as the prison and Woodbury do seem rather conveniently close to Rick's home town when the plot demands it without him being especially familiar with the locale. It has only been around a year in-show though, hasn't it? 8 months passed between S2 and S3 but that was the only real jump in time with the rest taking place across consecutive days and weeks, no? My biggest issue is that they were practically outside the prison in the S2 finale but it took them 8 months to actually give it a try!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have i got a duff copy?

Got the same damn thing. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did begin to question the geography of the show as the prison and Woodbury do seem rather conveniently close to Rick's home town when the plot demands it without him being especially familiar with the locale. It has only been around a year in-show though, hasn't it? 8 months passed between S2 and S3 but that was the only real jump in time with the rest taking place across consecutive days and weeks, no? My biggest issue is that they were practically outside the prison in the S2 finale but it took them 8 months to actually give it a try!

Well we don't know exactly what they got up to in those 8 months between the farm.. They may well have gone back.

But the farm wouldn't have had too many supplies. All the livestock would have been eaten.

They were a good few miles off the prison in the season 2 finale. The main thing is why didn't they know about the prison. Surely Hershall and the family espeically would have known it was in the area.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member

I agree and am confused by the posts that say it's been 3 years? If so, shouldn't whelp Judith be 2 by now and Lori had the gestation period of an elephant?
    I'm sure it's only been a year in show?
  • Options
    caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i thought that the prison was say for example on one side so many miles east of atlanta city and ricks home was the the other side so many miles west of atlanta
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    I cant believe they have killed off Andrea and let the governor escape.Yet all the prison group were okay. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why they haven't been running around in the riot gear that Maggie and Glenn wore in this episode. It would be extremely useful during missions. Hell, in that world, I'm not sure I'd ever take it off.

I'm so glad Michonne is part of the group now - she's a badass.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    But he was right. He couldn't take the chance with someone who, moments before had been trying to kill his group. He was also right in saying if Rick had acted before, other deaths probably including that of his mother would have been avoided.

In the world as depicted, if in doubt the rule has to be blow its head off!

I agree. Carl was in the right. That 'innocent kid' probably would have run right back to the Governor and joined another assault on the Atlanta group, if given the chance.

The only other alternative was taking him prisoner. And as we've already seen, in a world like that, it's damn difficult to go around squandering food on people who want to kill you.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Carl was in the right. That 'innocent kid' probably would have run right back to the Governor and joined another assault on the Atlanta group, if given the chance.

The only other alternative was taking him prisoner. And as we've already seen, in a world like that, it's damn difficult to go around squandering food on people who want to kill you.

Yes I thought Carl was right to kill him too.