Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 22)

Comments

• timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will they still sing that to him? Seems in a bit of bad (racist?) taste when you consider the roots of Celtic.

Nice of the paper to twist the context of the song Celtic fans were singing on Saturday.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Man in drinking and singing songs on day off shocker.
    really?, he can sing whatever he wants as long as it is his day off?;-)
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    considering some of the absolute GARBAGE that scottish clubs have bought from outside the country, surprised they pick on an easy target!

maybe not a REAL "refugee", and skachel is decent ..... he is a hearts player though, so everyone should GET OVER THEMSELVES!
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    considering some of the absolute GARBAGE that scottish clubs have bought from outside the country, surprised they pick on an easy target!

maybe not a REAL "refugee", and skachel is decent ..... he is a hearts player though, so everyone should GET OVER THEMSELVES!

What a shite post that is.:D

So based on your logic you can call anyone from a rival team anything you fancy simply because it goes with the territory ... what fecking age are you??
  • Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    For the second game in a row we never registered a shot on target. 29 goals in 33 games. Spent 200k on an unknown striker when we could have originally used the money for Griffiths.

This is the poorest Hibs team I've ever witnessed. I still think we've been in decline since the day Mowbray left. Even though Collins won the cup it was Mowbrays squad.

We are going down and going down without a fight. We've not scored since 15th march in a 3-1 defeat at Firhill. Our season ended when we lost at home to Raith in cup. Everyone thought we were safe and in top 6. How wrong. Only players I'd like to see in a Hibs shirt next season are Williams, Stevenson and Stanton. Probably Harris too. Rest of them can jog on!

GGTTH
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    What a shite post that is.:D

So based on your logic you can call anyone from a rival team anything you fancy simply because it goes with the territory ... what fecking age are you??

if it was the other way round i STILL WOULDN'T GIVE A DAMN!

oh i'm sorry are football supporters and players now going to be polite to each other?

:p

only because it's "bad boy" griffiths does the press and authorities start pissing themselves and calling for him to be castrated ..... well, perhaps that last one WOULD be a good idea :D

and i'm of the fecking age to gie you a GOOD WHOOPING :D
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a personal level I couldn't care less what Griffiths says, but I do think it's sad given he's a potentially great Scotland player, that it's possible if not probable he'll implode long before his time, as Riordan & O'Connor did.

Maybe he will grow up. Maybe.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Leigh Griffiths is anything special. A mid table Championship player at best, but no more than that. Not international standard or anything to get worked up about if he left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if it was the other way round i STILL WOULDN'T GIVE A DAMN!

oh i'm sorry are football supporters and players now going to be polite to each other?

So in the Renfrewshire Cup final Marc Fitzpatrick calls Eric Djemba-Djemba a "dirty black bastard" or a "f***ing nigg*r" and you would have no problem with that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the racist line from the SFA is a dangerous move myself - if they do find Griffiths racist for taking part in that song then every individual identified as also taking part (whether they be an every day joe or a pro football player) may find themselves at the centre of a police investigation.

Racism claims as we all know have no boundaries and the police would be forced to take action ... this could get very interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    So in the Renfrewshire Cup final Marc Fitzpatrick calls Eric Djemba-Djemba a "dirty black bastard" or a "f***ing nigg*r" and you would have no problem with that?

yes THAT'S racist

calling someone a REFUGEE isn't, but obviously can be construed AS being racist
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the racist line from the SFA is a dangerous move myself - if they do find Griffiths racist for taking part in that song then every individual identified as also taking part (whether they be an every day joe or a pro football player) may find themselves at the centre of a police investigation.

Racism claims as we all know have no boundaries and the police would be forced to take action ... this could get very interesting.

There is a precedent for it though, in 2012 Dunfermline supporter Andrew Irvine was convicted of aggravated breach of the peace and was fined £200 for singing-
    Refugee go home. Go home. Rudi Skacel is a ****ing refugee. Go home.

I dunno what Griffiths did or didn't do, but I don't see how they could ignore it if he has done something similar.
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    There is a precedent for it though, in 2012 Dunfermline supporter Andrew Irvine was convicted of aggravated breach of the peace and was fined £200 for singing-

That was at a game that Skacel was playing in - not in a pub full of Hibees.

I dunno what Griffiths did or didn't do, but I don't see how they could ignore it if he has done something similar.

The song Griffiths is alleged to have sung is:

"Rudi Skacel is a ****ing refugee, a ****ing refugee, a ****ing refugee" etc.....

I don't believe this is part of the same song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes it would open the proverbial can of worms - you can't label Griffiths racist simply because he is a professional footballer and then ignore all the other punters in the video (guilty of the same thing) .

Of course Derek Riordan has already done the whole Rudi Skacel gig:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7snz7zVUsos

Griffiths can only really get the same punishment as Riordan (fined by Hibs and forced to apologise).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes THAT'S racist

calling someone a REFUGEE isn't, but obviously can be construed AS being racist

CALLING someone A refugee ISN'T racist BUT calling SOMEONE "a F***ING refugee" PUTS an ENTIRELY different CONNOTATION on WHAT is BEING said.

WHAT type OF person WOULD use THE phrase "F***ING refugee"? A racist PERSON.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Celtic support seemed initially blasé with Leigh Griffiths singing drunken songs on his day off, even encouraging him to 'sing what he likes' after he was charged by the compliance officer in some sort of defiance. This recent revelation shows you why you should come down hard on any player who thinks it's a good idea to sing drunken football songs in pubs and clubs as with social media and phone cameras you are only one dodgy song away from potentially getting the sack. Especially if you are as stupid as someone like Leigh Griffiths.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Celtic support seemed initially blasé with Leigh Griffiths singing drunken songs on his day off, even encouraging him to 'sing what he likes' after he was charged by the compliance officer in some sort of defiance. This recent revelation shows you why you should come down hard on any player who thinks it's a good idea to sing drunken football songs in pubs and clubs as with social media and phone cameras you are only one dodgy song away from potentially getting the sack. Especially if you are as stupid as someone like Leigh Griffiths.

The Hearts song isn't worthy of SFA involvement, they've now added two further charges - racist singing and bring the game into disrepute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Police Scotland also "launching an investigation". As I said before they are all guilty of the same thing so be interesting to see if they simply focus on Griffiths or anybody identified in that video.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Police Scotland also "launching an investigation". As I said before they are all guilty of the same thing so be interesting to see if they simply focus on or anybody identified in that video.

I'm more than sure, theres plenty of'you tube' stuff, of your local hero than you imagine:confused:
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just herad Jackie Mac, got a 3 game touchline ban , so will this start on saturday ? :confused:

Just wondering like !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more than sure, theres plenty of'you tube' stuff, of your local hero than you imagine:confused:

I have put your post through my personal Enigma deciphering machine - but it just comes up COMPUTER SAYS NO.

Please give me a rough outline of WTF you are on about sleepyheid.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A poor performance from Dundee United is enough to see them win 3-1 and reach the SCF
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why were there no SPL games today?
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why were there no SPL games today?
    There never are on Scottish Cup semi-final weekend.
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    A poor performance from Dundee United is enough to see them win 3-1 and reach the SCF

That game was utter torture, I thought it was never gonna end. I think I enjoyed the last couple of minutes.

It shows how woeful Rangers are though. We were dreadful, they played really well and we still won 3-1.