Options

Moving recordings

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
Forum Member
I've just bought the Humax Freesat HDR.
I must confess I am totally stumped by what I would have thought should be an easy exercise. How do I move a recorded program into a folder?
I assumed that you go into file manager, select a file and then 'Move' using the green button would illuminate, you then select the folder and press 'go'. The 'move' selection remains greyed out, no matter what I do.
I'm assuming that moving is possible, otherwise why would you want to make a folder? I'm trying to move some recorded programs into a folder created by a series link.
I've looked in the manual, but this particular feature appears to have been left out.

Comments

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a scan through This Thread
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LesU wrote: »
    I've just bought the Humax Freesat HDR.
    I must confess I am totally stumped by what I would have thought should be an easy exercise. How do I move a recorded program into a folder?
    I assumed that you go into file manager, select a file and then 'Move' using the green button would illuminate, you then select the folder and press 'go'. The 'move' selection remains greyed out, no matter what I do.
    I'm assuming that moving is possible, otherwise why would you want to make a folder? I'm trying to move some recorded programs into a folder created by a series link.
    I've looked in the manual, but this particular feature appears to have been left out.

It's not like windows, In Linux you tell it where to send it before telling it what to send. You need to click on the folder first to open it before clicking on the files you want to move. If you go into edit mode you can delect more than 1 file to process (grp select).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Many Thanks for the swift replies. It must have been the only variation I didn't try!
    Basically you have to be in the folder you want to move the files into. I'm proficient in Windows and Linux, but it seems I need a crash course in Humax!
    Perhaps the manual should have the URL of this forum on its first page and save us head scratchers a lot time!