What Were the England Fans Like Where you Were?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have to say, very disappointed again. I've watched games in other countries and the atmosphere has been great. Real positivity, very innocent. But before the game even started I had to listen to "there were 10 German bombers in the air". And this was a pretty low key pub. Then it was anti-USA chants, which weren't funny or 'banterish', just simply "f*ck the yanks". I mean come on, where's the imagination there.

It just generates a negative atmosphere. As soon as Green conceded they were screaming at him too. So it becomes less about supporting your team, and just about hating whoever it is you're playing. No wonder when I was reading The Guardian's booklet on all the teams under England rivals it said "pretty much anyone". Its embarrassing really.

Comments

• MagicMonkeyMagicMonkey Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe you went to a BNP pub
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe you went to a BNP pub

Well can't believe every pub was full of idiots. Probably a fairly right wing pub, but only because it was a middle class, village area.
  • Freddy_LivesFreddy_Lives Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch the game in a pub but I was in one before kick off for a swift pint. The full repertoire was out. "No surrender to the IRA". "Ten German bombers". etc

I'd rather boil my own head than watch an England game in a pub.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it in a pub I used to consider my local. it was busy enough but pretty quiet and sensible. I think the local asbos were in the bigger bars in the town centre instead.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    People could try going to less chavvy pubs? ;)
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    You know what p*ssed me off about yesterday? embarrassing lack of pratiotism around here from the indegineous population; it seemed to have been left to our ethnic origin cousins to fly the flag - nothing wrong with that as I suspect most were born here; but the comparison was blatant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    You know what p*ssed me off about yesterday? embarrassing lack of pratiotism around here from the indegineous population; it seemed to have been left to our ethnic origin cousins to fly the flag - nothing wrong with that as I suspect most were born here; but the comparison was blatant.

Not really sure what you mean here. I saw loads of flags, England shirts etc.

It weren't a chavvy pub, which is what surprised me. Next game, i'll invite mates to mine instead I think.