Comments

• KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    :o only two years late.

That's some serious staying power :D
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,001
    Forum Member
    Watched it on the Austrian Netflix last night of all places - surprisingly good all round (expectations low after watching Terminator Genital!)

I take it batman vs superman is the sequel? Seems odd choice but then, the originals wained by superman 3/4
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rewatched it last night, gets better everytime for me.

love the directing wtihj flashbacks but also the dark grainy look snyder opted for

and the score..wow its perfect. right up there with john williams score in epicness for me. be it zods theme or supermans.

great action,and the destruction leads to batman entering the fray.

brilliant!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 12/09/18 - 14:34 #1055
    Reports are saying Henry Cavill has quit as Superman. Not surprised. They should have given him a Man of Steel 2 before Batman v Superman. So that's both Ben Affleck and Cavill reportedly leaving the current DC universe. What a shambles. Cavill was great in MI: Fallout.
  • Lawrence_ConwayLawrence_Conway Posts: 6,998
    Forum Member
    A shame if true. Cavill was a great Superman even with a CG face lift despite what the haters say.
  • AandyjbkrAandyjbkr Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    DCEU is a joke. Losing Cavill as Superman will not improve things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently focus is now moving to a Supergirl movie they're developing now. What a shitstorm. Warner Bros and DC don't have a bloody clue. They just move onto the next thing and the next thing and the next thing.
  • Kai ThompsonKai Thompson Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a waste of talent. And Supergirl? Really? Give me a break.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Apparently focus is now moving to a Supergirl movie they're developing now. What a shitstorm. Warner Bros and DC don't have a bloody clue. They just move onto the next thing and the next thing and the next thing.

What a ridiculous idea.

There's already a perfectly decent TV show, so why do a film?

DC get it right with their TV shows, but their film division needs a complete revamp.
  • Laurel1neLaurel1ne Posts: 15,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's a shame I actually liked "Man of Steel" so I was looking forward to "Man of Steel 2".

"Supergirl"smacks of pandering to the "Women came out to see Wonder Woman, so let's give them Supergirl too"

• welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Michael B Jordan is being touted as his replacement
  • Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »

I'm sceptical this will ever actually happen, but the success of Black Panther has probably changed a lot of opinions in Hollywood.

I'm sorry to see Henry Cavill leave, if he actually is leaving. He always looked the part and I found him quite likeable on screen. Unfortunately, a bit like Ben Affleck, the material he was given wasn't strong enough.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 13/09/18 - 02:21 #1064

Warner Bros. getting more ridiculous, clearly don't have a clue what to do with DC.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    I read it that Warner Bothers have no plans for a Superman movie anytime soon and not that Cavill has quit or is considering quiting. I believe he is on record as having stated he loves playing the character and wants to make more Superman movies.
  • TheAngryGermanTheAngryGerman Posts: 1,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laurel1ne wrote: »
    That's a shame I actually liked "Man of Steel" so I was looking forward to "Man of Steel 2".

"Supergirl"smacks of pandering to the "Women came out to see Wonder Woman, so let's give them Supergirl too"

Nothing wrong with that.

Please tell me they mean for a Steel film.

Nothing wrong with that.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing wrong with that.

Please tell me they mean for a Steel film.

Nothing wrong with that.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/superman-michael-b-jordan-dc-movies/
    Forum Member

So another of our heroes from childhood being retconed for the modern era. Nothing against Jordan but why, if they have finished with Cavill, do we now have to have a black Superman ? Why change over 60 years of history just because they can. There are plenty of black superheroes around so why change the biggest and arguably most iconic one ?
  • Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »

So another of our heroes from childhood being retconed for the modern era. Nothing against Jordan but why, if they have finished with Cavill, do we now have to have a black Superman ? Why change over 60 years of history just because they can. There are plenty of black superheroes around so why change the biggest and arguably most iconic one ?

I think it's just been floated as an idea to gain some attention. I'd be incredibly surprised if anything came of it.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 29,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dc already have a black version of superman, they use him every now and again.

The new animated Spider-Man film will be a shock for you too.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's just been floated as an idea to gain some attention. I'd be incredibly surprised if anything came of it.

Totally agree. Nothing will come of it at all. Just people talking nonsense. Henry Cavill has a new gig now working for Netflix on their tv show The Witcher.
    Forum Member

Dc already have a black version of superman, they use him every now and again.

The new animated Spider-Man film will be a shock for you too.....

I doubt it, as I don't watch cartoons.
  • madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad has been their only big success at the box office even then they didn't manage to hit the 1 billion mark. Given the amount of huge budgets on other films which they then expected to massive box office success which never happened. Batman vs Superman although looks quite impressive when you break down the costs and budget it's shocking how bad the film's effects and CGI are as well as ropey story.
    To me they are looking at the success of WW and trying to replicate that with Supergirl. The WB/DC budget for upcoming projects is definatly going to be cut as spending £300 million then another few hundred on marketing has been the downfall. The marketing strategy of building the hype they created over the films was always going to be the downfall as they spent no time building characters or giving the films decent stories. Add in the dodgy CGI effects and each time you were left with an average film that couldn't justify the cost of it.
    Although I thought Suicide Squad was a mess of a film they should have focussed on getting the sequel done to keep up interest however I think the interest has gone and subsequent films or spin offs are going to struggle.
    The whole DC/WB has been a total mess with each film becoming more of a debacle with no clear direction for the franchise. They have rushed out releases to try and catch up with Marvel but unlike seeing a character through when they have a hitch they panic and move everything again. They have basically managed to kill off the two biggest comic book character franchises Superman & Batman.
  • The AmazingThe Amazing Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 14/09/18 - 09:25 #1074
    madiain28 wrote:
    They have basically managed to kill off the two biggest comic book character franchises Superman & Batman.

Yeah, but we're getting 15 Harley Quinn movies and 23 Joker movies so every cloud, eh.
    Forum Member
    IMO what is needed to refresh the Superman franchise is not a change of actor, but a change of direction. We've had the origin story, we've had the angry story and we've had the "team" story. What we now need is a more light hearted story with Superman going about his daily business of saving people and doing good deeds, whilst in the back ground something or someone is plotting a dastardly deed, which eventually only Superman can save the day. Bit like Superman The Movie.
  • madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO what is needed to refresh the Superman franchise is not a change of actor, but a change of direction. We've had the origin story, we've had the angry story and we've had the "team" story. What we now need is a more light hearted story with Superman going about his daily business of saving people and doing good deeds, whilst in the back ground something or someone is plotting a dastardly deed, which eventually only Superman can save the day. Bit like Superman The Movie.

I think what we need is for DC to split with Warner. Even the upcoming Aquaman trailer shows so much bad CGI. The origin story should have happened before Justice League and it just looks like a re-hash of The THOR story.