Options

Assassins Creed: Syndicate

OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
Forum Member
Now known as Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (formally 'Victory'), Ubisoft hosted a closer look at a British assassin, trying to fight oppression in 1868 at the end of the Industrial Revolution. According to the studio, the game will "transport millions of gamers to an astonishing recreation of London during the Industrial Revolution where they will find themselves immersed in a game world they'll have to see to believe."

The map will 30% bigger than Paris in Unity and will be split into 7 districts - Strand, Westminster, Whitechapel, City of London, Thames, Southwark and Lambeth.

This will be single player only & will feature 2 main assassin characters, twins Jacob & Evie.

http://youtu.be/FIeAPhJBR6w

This looks absolutely immense. I love films, TV etc in this sort of setting so this will be a must buy for me. I hope it's not plagued with problems like Unity was

Release date 23rd October on PS4, PC & Xbox One

Comments

• Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this has the same issues as Unity then I might not buy another AC game again to be honest but it does look promising. I guess the streets don't have to be quite as populated this time with huge crowds.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think because the settings is in London It has got me interested, the gameplay video looked really good. The fact it doesn't have a multi-player doesn't bother me at all because I like single player games more and it just means they are 100% focused on delivering a really good single player experience.
  • Options
    Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I vowed that I was done after unity, but then I saw the trailer and I am sucked back in again.... Darn it!!!
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long is the Dev time on this one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    How long is the Dev time on this one?
    I think on the reveal video they said they've been working on it for 2 years.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to finally get Unity out of the way...
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Hmm not sure, it didn't really look like London, with it's wide streets and bill boards it looked more like Paris. The buildings just looked wrong, me thinks they've used the source material from Unity!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm not sure, it didn't really look like London, with it's wide streets and bill boards it looked more like Paris. The buildings just looked wrong, me thinks they've used the source material from Unity!!
    Considering it's 1868, London would look very different then it does today, and with horses and carts the streets would be wider. A quick google search does show wide streets http://techcitynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ShoreditchHighStreet1868.jpg I'm sure they have changed it a bit, I'm not expecting a full replicate of 1868 London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's not just that, the buildings just look wrong, I watched it last night and thought it looks more like Paris
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just that, the buildings just look wrong, I watched it last night and thought it looks more like Paris

Have to admit that I thought the same myself.
    It's the shape of the roofs.
    It looks like they've used the same generic building models but given them a different skin.
  • Options
    RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really fantrastic

Unity was so great - cant wait for the new one.

Oh and they have already confirmed a season pass and multiple DLC's . We gamers just love all that.

Finally several different pre-order versions to buy each with exclusive content - another sure fire winner.

oh wait.....

(for all you guillible lemmings out there - this post is sarcastic.)
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the Unity hate. I enjoyed it and it was nowhere near as buggy as it was made out to be.
    I did notice a couple of Paris shaped roofs in the trailer which was a bit jarring. Looks good to me anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's the roofs, the shape of the buildings, the large roof top billboards, and I say it again the boulevards, London's not know for it's wide streets, it's not famous for them, like Paris, St Petersburg etc.
  • Options
    RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its probably made from the same map and assets - just reskinned.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks okay but is a 30% bigger map really necessary? Most of the missions in Unity were contained within the same districts.

The setting is Victorian London which is the thing that really tempts me and the male main character design is pretty good.

I'm not impressed with the female design though. I'm more excited than I was when it was first announced but I think I'm all Assassin's Creeded out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the roofs, the shape of the buildings, the large roof top billboards, and I say it again the boulevards, London's not know for it's wide streets, it's not famous for them, like Paris, St Petersburg etc.

So not like this then:

http://www.victorianlondon.org/districts/regentstreet2.gif
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    The setting definitely interests me, but i'm so bored of the AC mechanics that i think i will be giving this one a miss.

They have ruined the series with the yearly releases. Black flag is the best AC game of recent times, but only for the bits that are not like a typical AC game,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @ Steve yes I know London did/has some wide streets it's just not famous or well known for them. Ask most people and they'd say narrow streets, congested, dark etc.

But still the buildings don't look right either, which maybe adds to the effect of not looking like London
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I wont be preordering but I am a sucker for the AC series so will buy this when it drops under £20. Hopefully it will be an improvement on ACU which I am finding to be one of the worst AC games in recent years.

I really wish this franchise would take a year or two off though as they seem to be running out of steam on the story. I am finding the ACU story rather boring and generic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @ Steve yes I know London did/has some wide streets it's just not famous or well known for them. Ask most people and they'd say narrow streets, congested, dark etc.

But still the buildings don't look right either, which maybe adds to the effect of not looking like London

I agree with the way the buildings themselves look though.
    The rooftops definitely don't look right but then again I guess we only saw a small part of the city in the trailer. I thought the colours looked a little odd, all greens and browns.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    The setting definitely interests me, but i'm so bored of the AC mechanics that i think i will be giving this one a miss.

Wandering around opening endless amounts of chests or tailing someone has been done to death by the series, I wish they'd take more risks and introduce more new elements.

The murder mystery investigations in Unity were a step in the right direction as well as the riddles, which I'd like to see return since they helped you learn more about the different landmarks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Well I wont be preordering but I am a sucker for the AC series so will buy this when it drops under £20. Hopefully it will be an improvement on ACU which I am finding to be one of the worst AC games in recent years.

I really wish this franchise would take a year or two off though as they seem to be running out of steam on the story. I am finding the ACU story rather boring and generic.

I'm a big fan of the series too.
    Still trying to work my way through both Rogue and the Unity DLC at the same time.

I quite liked Unity but with Syndicate now set in Victorian times and Ubisoft ruling out WW2 or modern AC's they're starting to run out of time periods going forwards so they'll have to jump back at some point.
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    I only played AC2 but that felt way big enough for me, mind you I did try that ****ing feathers mission about halfway through and then gave up...

Since then the only one that's interested me's been Black Flag, would still like to play that.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Have to admit that I thought the same myself.
    It's the shape of the roofs.
    It looks like they've used the same generic building models but given them a different skin.
    Vast_Girth wrote: »

They have ruined the series with the yearly releases. Black flag is the best AC game of recent times, but only for the bits that are not like a typical AC game,

I kind of agree with all the above comments.

Personally, I think the AC series went down hill the second they got rid of the flat roofs of the early AC games (Ezio's story). Trying to free run along the streets or along the roofs of house with tall triangular roofs, was a complete nightmare. :(

I have both Unity and Black Flag and lost interest in both of these (didn't even make it through to the half way marks), so I am not so sure about this new installment..........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    So I love the series as a whole and can't wait for syndicate looking forward to the 1st modern assassins creed, but worried that the coach driving element is just replacing the sailing from rouge and black flag I am all for innovating the series but hope it isn't going to make this a gta clone with assassins as like gta v we have multiple protagonists (we sort of have a assassins gta already with watchdogs aiden was a meta assassin imo but that's another discussion).
    The rope dart is a interesting addition although feels a little to much like batman having used this in all there arkham games (although I suppose detective mode is eagle vision) but imitation is the greatest format of flattery.

Unity was a great game despite its flaws and if they have refined tile engine and added the above and more features it should be a good game.
    unity is the 1st creed on the next gen it had its flaws much like the original on the last gen consoles then 2 came along..have a good feeling about syndicate.