Options

EE Ryan and Jordan

ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
Forum Member
Are we going to see these characters again or is that it?

I thought Jordan was a main character but it's been ages since we last saw him. Same goes with Ryan, I thought they were building up anther permanant stunt for him.

Comments

• Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's strange Jordan hasn't been mentioned
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member

So many actors seem to come and go at the moment. It's like they only do EE when they've got nothing else on. It really is detrimental to storylines.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jordan is in prison and Denise is wanting to put the horrible situation behind her at the moment. I don't see a need for Jordan to be mentioned or at least revisited for the time being.

As for ryan, I am sure a trial is on the cards but they wanted to get stacey's health back on track, kyle's proper entrance and Stacey's wedding saga out the way first.

No need to shoe horn things in for the sake of it until there is a reason. The producers plan it very carefully.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on the way these characters just come and go. Same with the likes of Charlie and Aleks. What's the point in taking an interest in characters if they're not going to be a part of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I'm not keen on the way these characters just come and go. Same with the likes of Charlie and Aleks. What's the point in taking an interest in characters if they're not going to be a part of the show.

It's down to the storyblocking. I can't see how the inclusion of Ryan and Jordan would work with the current dramas with The Mitchells and The Beales.

They will have their time and place. Not everything needs to be cobbiled together. Soaps have always done this.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    It's down to the storyblocking. I can't see how the inclusion of Ryan and Jordan would work with the current dramas with The Mitchells and The Beales.

They will have their time and place. Not everything needs to be cobbiled together. Soaps have always done this.

Characters don't usually leave when the next s/l comes along, they're either off screen or hanging around in the backround.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Characters don't usually leave when the next s/l comes along, they're either off screen or hanging around in the backround.

But both of them are in prison, so the explanation of their whereabouts is pretty obvious.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan is still o the bbc website under slaters. He has stayed regardless of the many chances like Nancy leaving, Johnny, Grant returning. I assume he is for now recurring. As for Jordan...He is supposed to be a regular but that seemed to be more suited to a guest return. I can't see why he would return (not be accepted by anyone) after that act.
  • Options
    eastboy1980eastboy1980 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's more realistic when characters come and go. That's real life
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I never want to see this character again.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it is realistic.