The Official ITV Ice Dancing Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was beginning to think I was the only person interested in this show. Is there another thread anywhere or is this the one?

Anyhow, I'm happy to stick with this one. Torvill and Dean are still looking great.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean and Gaynor both pretty impressive so far!

Hope we get a forum for this after tonight...
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only is this an ice dancing variant on SCD, presumably it is just a blatant copy of Strictly Ice Dancing, the Christmas special from 2004? I'm sure this is going to be a ratings hit and demolish BBC1's feeble line-up, so I wonder why the Beeb hasn't threatened legal action already.

Will be interesting to see if there are any variations in the format at all (not that I'm intending to watch...)
    BBC did Strictly Come Dancing.

ITV announced Dancing on Ice.

BBC thought they would get in their first and do Strictly Ice Dancing.

ITV just delayed for a year, and BBC cant sue because if they say ITV are copying Strictly Come Dancing, ITV can say they copyed their Ice Skating idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iv got alot of respect for these celebs you need to put alot of trust into your partners. Iv always wanted to try ice skating but if i fell id probabley go throught the ice:D
  • ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're brave aren't they - my heart's in my mouth at times in case they fall over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big respect to Bonnie that was awesome.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god, Bonnie's poor head... I like Bonnie, she's a real trouper isn't she.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    As a fan of Strictly Come Dancing i was intrigued to see how ITV would treat their copy-cat version. Oddly, i was a little concerned that it might actually be quite good - well, having watched the first half all i can say is WHAT CACK!

Its embarrassingly awful. This show gets it so wrong in so many respects. Typical ITV. Dreadful.

I think due to lack of strong competition this may do alright in the ratings. However, I hope ITV find themselves with another Celebrity Wrestling on their hands.

All this talk of 'BBC should sue ITV', 'ITV should sue the BBC' is misplaced. There is little protection for TV formats established in law at the moment. Its an area under review but unless you go as far as using the same name and hold a mirror up format-wise then there is little you can do.
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got this on in the background. Looks like a dog to me (the show, not Bonnie! :D ), it just doesn't seem to have the pace and slickness of SCD. Typical ITV though, they spot a potential ratings-winner and spin it out to 1h40mins!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For someone you likes to scoff alot of chocolate Andi Peters has a good body on him.(the swine):mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it. It's great Saturday night 'have on in the background' telly for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big respect to Bonnie that was awesome.

Yes she was wasn't she? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trem Two wrote:
    I think due to lack of strong competition this may do alright in the ratings.

Or maybe because people actually enjoy it?

There's nothing wrong it, apart from the rip-off aspect...one of the few celeb shows that actually seems to be working.

The dancing is really good fun to watch and of better quality than I expected.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Drifter wrote:
    Or maybe because people actually enjoy it?

That remains to be seen. I think it'll do averagely well. I'd be very surprised if this scales the heights of SCD.

Its a tacky, charmless, wooden, laboured interpretation of the SCD format.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is not flowing well, there is no atmosphere and no Brucie :( .
    I think this show will get better, I've just watched snippets, but I'm looking forward to seeing how good they can get. I'll be sky plussing it though and just watch the dances. I'm not interested in the behind the scenes, the judging doesn't concern me and who's that 12 year old standing next to Philip Schofield?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see it as tacky or charmless. The only annoyances so far are that random bloke talking sh*te after each performance...and the female presenter, Holly, who just looks utterly nervous and out of her depth, although she's still slightly better than I expected.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IS the judge in the middle from queer eye for the straight guy UK?
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trem Two wrote:
    That remains to be seen. I think it'll do averagely well. I'd be very surprised if this scales the heights of SCD.

Its a tacky, charmless, wooden, laboured interpretation of the SCD format.

Just as an aside, I was looking on the BBCWorldwide website and that claims SCD is the Beeb's most successfully licenced format round the world (IIRC, 20 countries have made (or are making) an equivalent show...)

K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Philip been poached by ITV? He's normally BBC isn't he? I'm pleased though, he's one of my favourite presenters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, when did David Seaman get his hair cut? Thank goodness! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flicker wrote:
    Has Philip been poached by ITV? He's normally BBC isn't he? I'm pleased though, he's one of my favourite presenters.
    he's been presenting This morning for ages!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote:
    Just as an aside, I was looking on the BBCWorldwide website and that claims SCD is the Beeb's most successfully licenced format round the world (IIRC, 20 countries have made (or are making) an equivalent show...)

K

What about The Weakest Link? Though that's a good few years old now I suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job David James(the goalkeeper) isnt taking part, his partner would end up in hospital cuz he cant catch anything.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flicker wrote:

Err - the main show I associate him with is This Morning which is an ITV Programme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eclipse80 wrote:
    he's been presenting This morning for ages!!
    Yeah but he also does the Test the Nation things with Anne Robinson on BBC, and he does the lottery show? He must pick and choose. :D