Magnanamous In Defeat???? Not!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well there you go.

Not Congratulations Bonnie, oh no...

just a comment that when deciphered is more or less... Bonnie's the judges favourites and when it's their decision it's pretty obvious who they will save!!!!

I thought this was disgraceful.

Dame Hissy has definitely got an attitude problem and I will not support her in anything in the future!!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    couldn't agree more :)
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    She also blamed the chair!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owllover wrote:

Well it couldn't possibly be her lack of skill on the ice could it???? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Kelly was a very bad loser and didn't show herself in a good light at all. She should instead have been grateful that she's lasted so long!!!

jen x
  • SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with what you are saying - but I'm going to defend her a little. (but just a little)

She's a trained athlete, who has spent her life competing at a level most of us could never imagine. I think that level of competitive spirit can't do something like this 'for fun', or 'for the experience'. She only knows about doing stuff to win.

She has had significant self esteem issues in her life (if you read her autobiography you'll see she's self harmed in the past and battled with other self esteem issues), and I think she defines herself by what she's won.

That DOES NOT excuse her manner - but I think it explains it a little and makes her a bit more human.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww.......cummon folks.

She's a fighter so I don't see the need to diss her. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suze wrote:
    I agree with what you are saying - but I'm going to defend her a little. (but just a little)

She's a trained athlete, who has spent her life competing at a level most of us could never imagine. I think that level of competitive spirit can't do something like this 'for fun', or 'for the experience'. She only knows about doing stuff to win.

She has had significant self esteem issues in her life (if you read her autobiography you'll see she's self harmed in the past and battled with other self esteem issues), and I think she defines herself by what she's won.

That DOES NOT excuse her manner - but I think it explains it a little and makes her a bit more human.

Mmmm, I'm not convinced Suze but I do understand your post.

I am of the opinion though that Manners cost nothing and she hasn't shown any sign of the most simple or basic manners since the series started.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fannianni wrote:
    Aww.......cummon folks.

She's a fighter so I don't see the need to diss her. :(

Not dissin Fannianni, just appauled at her lack of manners...
  • ellie2ellie2 Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    yeah but what's wrong with saying i just wasn't good enough, she's said it with athletics though admittedly usually with an 'i'll go away and train harder added on'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suze wrote:

Lovely post, could not agree more, she is certainly not my favourite person, but I get the feeling that she just does not "know" another way to be.
    Correct decision tonight from the judges though Imo
  • TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn’t she a nasty piece of work? Seething with spite and temper. I hope this is the last we see of her on any TV program. Good Riddance!
    Forum Member
    That's a good, thought-provoking post Suze. However, I'd hoped that at this moment in the competition she could be a gracious loser. She's retired from sport and took part in this knowing it was television entertainment. I think her true colours shone through and she's gone down in my estimation.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasi wrote:
    Isn’t she a nasty piece of work? Seething with spite and temper. I hope this is the last we see of her on any TV program. Good Riddance!

Sorry Tasi.....I must have watched a different programme.I didn't see any spite or temper at all. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote:

I thought it was all the fault of the music - it finished before she did so it must have been down to the sound technicians for making the music go faster than she did.

Or is it conceivable that she and Todd were out if time with the music?

Poor Todd, if there is another series I hope he's in it and that he is given a chirpy, gracious partner who is a total team worker and listens when experts give her good advice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    Who has been booted out ?
    Forum Member
    surely it was them who were behind the music if that was the problem...it was a pre-recorded track after all
    Forum Member
    ellie2 wrote:
    surely it was them who were behind the music if that was the problem...it was a pre-recorded track after all

Exactly. She said the chair got in the way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    She certainly didn't show any spite or bad temper, just bad manners.

I take on board that's she's an athlete trained to win, but hey this is a tv programme. She needs to learn to be a bit more graceful in defeat.
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Kelly has her gold medals. They were a fantastic achievement and noone can take that way from her. Nonetheless, I found it hard to warm to her during this competition. Tonight was no exception.She just couldn't hide her displeasure. She did look gutted to be going out though. For someone as competitive as her it must be hard to accept that she just wasn't good enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can't take criticism because she's been put on a pedestal for the past few years and has begun to delude herself with self importance. She has shown herself in this programme to be a spoilt, snotty madam.
    Forum Member
    fannianni wrote:
    Sorry Tasi.....I must have watched a different programme.I didn't see any spite or temper at all. :eek:

no but she looked as though she was chewing a wasp ,was speaking through clenched teeth and didn't bother to congratulate bonnie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    ellie2 wrote:

Mmmmm??????

Just how can I get a sarcastic tone over in print? It was so obvious in my head that I thought it would be apparent on screen. I was wrong.

Of course it was their fault, there was a lift and quite a few steps that hadn't been attempted when the music stopped.

They were behind the music, they'd managed to get themselves into the wrong place in relation to the chair but they would have gone through if the judges didn't favour Bonnie... (sarcasm again!)
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    bad looser and bad manners :mad:

just because she has two gold medals(as we are always remimded of) doesnt make you good at everything
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did she do???
  • lil_miss_blondelil_miss_blonde Posts: 9,090
    Forum Member
    sorry to anyone who likes her but i dont :mad: i think shes terribly rude, has terrible manners and is a bad loser