Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow good work. You should be a journalist with all those findings. :D Isn't LaFace Pink's record label?
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Wow good work. You should be a journalist with all those findings. :D Isn't LaFace Pink's record label?

This is like my second job I'm always researching Alex for any stuff she tries to hide for us to get another piece of her puzzle :( it's so sad LOL

And yes pink, Ciara, TLC Toni Braxton and others all launched on this label it was very powerful during the 90s but tended to have a stigma for bankrupting some of it's clients (tlc Toni Braxton) but it's reputable now as la has learned his lessons the hard way.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just realised that today is 5 years since Hallelujah first hit #1 and started its record breaking 3 week chart run at the top spot. :D
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    It's true Alex was once the pop force female in the UK yet no requests as a feature

I think this has more to do with race and her R1 snub than ger being a pop female

Just look at Jessie J
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also does anyone know when Alex is scheduled to fly back to the States?

I'm hoping some final decisions are made and things start to kick off by January. Especially if the album is closing at the beginning of February.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Must be after New Years I guess.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, so the snippets are now coming on Tuesday? That will be a bit of a nice Christmas eve gift. I was really excited for this week but oh well, it's not long now. :)
    Zack06 wrote: »
    The Bad Boys sparkly dresses were some of her best looks imo.

The All Night Long leotard and that horrible hairpiece thing she wore with it were terrible. I don't think she looked that great towards the end of the Overcome era and I wasn't really a fan of the Start Without You look.
    I found it to be a bit too cheap and tacky.

BIB - Completely agree with all of this. She looked great in that silver sparkly dress, it really suited her well. She also looked very stunning in leather.

Although one positive thing to say about "Start Without You" is that I liked the black leotard she was wearing. Wasn't too keen on the video though, I wish they didn't scrap the other one because it looked more summery and interesting. As for the order of Overcome, I really felt that The Silence should have been the second single (replacing the average Broken Heels) then after All Night Long, she could have released Dumb and then finish with Overcome or GNGM as a single.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm not fussed with having to wait till Tuesday for the snippet, we should feel lucky for having to get the snippets. Alex doesn't haven't to give them to us. So it's a nice Christmas gift :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I don't understand ^ why are we lucky? I feel like we're treated like we owe Alexandra something. Almost like we deserve to wait and be delayed because we should be grateful for it all but I don't think I should be grateful. The only reason Alex is where she is is because of us and other members of the public who have spent money on her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what I don't understand ^ why are we lucky? I feel like we're treated like we owe Alexandra something. Almost like we deserve to wait and be delayed because we should be grateful for it all but I don't think I should be grateful. The only reason Alex is where she is is because of us and other members of the public who have spent money on her.

I can see where you are coming from but I think it's best not to wait and anticipate news and music too much because then we'll all be irritated at some stage. Best to let her get on with it and when she's ready to share with us news and material, then we can anticipate it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can see where you are coming from but I think it's best not to wait and anticipate news and music too much because then we'll all be irritated at some stage. Best to let her get on with it and when she's ready to share with us news and material, then we can anticipate it all.

This. She has to get it right or she'll never record again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I wasn't really meaning about time and delays etc I just meant I don't understand the attitude of us being lucky that Alex does things for us. Why are we lucky? Why are we ungrateful? This is Alex's career. It's almost like saying "Alex doesn't have to do this for us" but it's her career so she kind of does need to?? I don't get that as she chooses to be a singer. I don't understand how David can accuse fans of being ungrateful when we got her where she is. Essentially she is the service, we're the customer (as she's an entertainer) so I expect a good service. With Alex (or David) I feel like it's the other way round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh I wasn't really meaning about time and delays etc I just meant I don't understand the attitude of us being lucky that Alex does things for us. Why are we lucky? Why are we ungrateful? This is Alex's career. It's almost like saying "Alex doesn't have to do this for us" but it's her career so she kind of does need to?? I don't get that as she chooses to be a singer. I don't understand how David can accuse fans of being ungrateful when we got her where she is. Essentially she is the service, we're the customer (as she's an entertainer) so I expect a good service. With Alex (or David) I feel like it's the other way round.

To an extent you're right. I do think Alex (don't know about David) really does appreciate her fanbase - far more than so many other artists - I just think she lacks awareness in general. She's unaware on how to keep the fans loyal and happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member

True. But tbh she does her actual job itself well. She's lacked the team others have to keep them in the game (ie Rihanna). She is lucky but her job is quite difficult by nature. Composing great material which sells and garners respect is very difficult. Let her get it right! There are delays all the time in music and film the only thing is we know about it due to the web. David needs to be careful, he's not her spokesperson and it makes her look unprofessional which she isn't at all.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alex really loves her fans and wants to give us as much info as possible, but most times she probably doesn't know whats happening 100% herself yet. I wouldn't want to reveal anything that I knew was official only for it to be cancelled if I was her, I can see where she's coming from most of the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    paulbax wrote: »
    I think Alex really loves her fans and wants to give us as much info as possible, but most times she probably doesn't know whats happening 100% herself yet. I wouldn't want to reveal anything that I knew was official only for it to be cancelled if I was her, I can see where she's coming from most of the time.

Yeah. She's had really bad luck with over/preannouncing stuff. She doesn't want to jinx it.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Yeah. She's had really bad luck with over/preannouncing stuff. She doesn't want to jinx it.
    Exactly, its better to under share than to over share just for the plans to fall through. I'd rather be kept wondering right now than have another situation like the second album where Alex kept giving rough release dates only for it to be constantly pushed back.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    She best not delay on tuesday again, I'll be so mad lol mad onto a NEW LEVEL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not gonna lie WE did this. We told Alex to get her act together WE told Alex to stay in the US and record an R&B fuelled album. Without our suggestions Alex wouldn't have gotten the hint we told her mid HOH era. Anyway I don't mind the waiting now I actually like it sometimes I blow up but its because I'm eager to see Alex in America it's always been my dream it's been exciting for me ever since she won xfactor I've wanted her dominating itunes globally
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love Alex to release an EP full of inspired covers of "vocal songs" for her fans - like Leona did with her Hurt EP. If I had my way, the tracklist would be:

1. How Many Drinks? (Miguel cover)
    2. Thinkin' Bout You (Frank Ocean cover)
    3. You Are So Beautiful (Joe Cocker cover)
    4. Chamakay (Blood Orange aka Dev Hynes cover)

But obviously I'd want an actual album first from her. :D But her putting a soulful female vocal twist on all of those songs would slay me senseless!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we Alex's fans called "AB'ers" now why is david saying AB'ers LOL.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    No more covers please! Fix You and Hallelujah are more than enough
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    If Alex gets radio on her side, she'll do fine in the US. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Someone called Alexbeastie on twitter is so rude, impatient, cheeky and ungrateful.

If I was Alex and they said those things to me in person, I would smack them in the mouth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2. Thinkin' Bout You (Frank Ocean cover)

This one is already in existence, assuming you didn't know already. :kitty: