Options

Daily rants

Comments

• Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    That sounds brilliant. I would love to do it in that way!

In my head i thought we would get married in a drive thru in the day and then go off and do stuff. When we popped in to enquire they said they could fit us in that day at 10:15pm and it sounded amazing.

Neither of us are dressy people so it meant we got all day in casual clothes and then just went back to the hotel to get dressed up for the wedding, and were back in the hotel by about half 12. Im glad we opted for night because it looks better in the pictures and it was warm but not hot like it was in the day.

Oh just loved driving the convertible car around :D

It was so simple as well. I filled in the application online so we didnt have to queue for the license, just went to the office place and picked it up. The place we chose was just around the corner and even though it was a drive thru they did indoor weddings too so the place looked nice. Because we did it at night we got some pics in front of their light up welcome to vegas sign which look good. The only decision i had to make was which colour roses i wanted!

I quite liked when we went to the real sign for a few pics and walking back to the hotel room from the car park. So many people were congratulating us and saying how nice we looked. The security guards at the hotel were loving the fact i got married wearing converses! :D i thought they would be more practical than proper wedding shoes and would get more use out of them too!
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys, I need advice, anyone here?
  • Options
    Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    Guys, I need advice, anyone here?

I'm here. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is the text conversation between me and my ex from tonight.

Her. Beth? Will you speak to me yet? :/
    Her: Say something at least. I just want some kind of response, even if its just telling me to piss off. I just want a response :/
    Her: I'll stop after this text...You were there for me for the most difficult time of my life, and you were there to help me and support me through it all. My family at the funeral {her grandad died recently} were asking how you were and I just had to make it up because I didn't know what to tell them. We've gone through so much together, so I really just want to know how you're doing at least. I hope I'll hear from you.

Me: I didn't respond because I was driving. You've got Jess now, and it hurt me how soon you got together, especially as as far as I was concerned, we were seeing how things went, and you'd kissed me and cuddled up to me when I left. I still had hope for us and you knew that. Especially as you slept with her and hadn't wanted to with me for weeks. Yes we did go through a lot together, and I hope your family is doing as okay as they can be. I did text you when I saw the status. I don't know what I'm supposed to say and I'm still very hurt, you've obviously moved on with your life, please let me try to do the same, and if we become friends again in the future, then good, but right now I'm not sure. I hope you're happy with Jess (and I do mean that) because you obviously weren't with me the last few months. I hope everything goes well with uni and the band and everything, but for now please just leave me to it? I'm not going to delete your number because part of me hopes we could one day be friends, but I deleted you on Facebook so I couldn't torture myself with images and status's of you and Jess, and I know what I'm like. I know it wouldn't do my mental health any good, which is why I haven't accepted your friend request. Like I say, one say, maybe, just not now. I need to sort my head and my feelings out and move on from us. And I'm sorry. x

Her: Okay, I understand. How is your mental health? I saw some tweets of yours which didn't look very good...But this was before Jess..So I'm just asking you, because I'm genuinely concerned. What happened? :( x

Me: Without sounding awful, you're not the right person to discuss it with at the moment. You don't need to be concerned as there's nothing to be concerned about. I have been to the Dr's and things are fine now. I hope you do understand that text, because I'm trying to do what's best for us both without seeming or sounding like a bitch. I'm genuinely trying to not seem like an awful ex girlfriend with what I said. But please let me move on like you have x

I feel like I've said something wrong, can someone please just reassure me?
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Her: Say something at least. I just want some kind of response, even if its just telling me to piss off. I just want a response :/
    Her: I'll stop after this text...You were there for me for the most difficult time of my life, and you were there to help me and support me through it all. My family at the funeral {her grandad died recently} were asking how you were and I just had to make it up because I didn't know what to tell them. We've gone through so much together, so I really just want to know how you're doing at least. I hope I'll hear from you.

Me: I didn't respond because I was driving. You've got Jess now, and it hurt me how soon you got together, especially as as far as I was concerned, we were seeing how things went, and you'd kissed me and cuddled up to me when I left. I still had hope for us and you knew that. Especially as you slept with her and hadn't wanted to with me for weeks. Yes we did go through a lot together, and I hope your family is doing as okay as they can be. I did text you when I saw the status. I don't know what I'm supposed to say and I'm still very hurt, you've obviously moved on with your life, please let me try to do the same, and if we become friends again in the future, then good, but right now I'm not sure. I hope you're happy with Jess (and I do mean that) because you obviously weren't with me the last few months. I hope everything goes well with uni and the band and everything, but for now please just leave me to it? I'm not going to delete your number because part of me hopes we could one day be friends, but I deleted you on Facebook so I couldn't torture myself with images and status's of you and Jess, and I know what I'm like. I know it wouldn't do my mental health any good, which is why I haven't accepted your friend request. Like I say, one say, maybe, just not now. I need to sort my head and my feelings out and move on from us. And I'm sorry. x

Her: Okay, I understand. How is your mental health? I saw some tweets of yours which didn't look very good...But this was before Jess..So I'm just asking you, because I'm genuinely concerned. What happened? :( x

Me: Without sounding awful, you're not the right person to discuss it with at the moment. You don't need to be concerned as there's nothing to be concerned about. I have been to the Dr's and things are fine now. I hope you do understand that text, because I'm trying to do what's best for us both without seeming or sounding like a bitch. I'm genuinely trying to not seem like an awful ex girlfriend with what I said. But please let me move on like you have x

I don't think you've said anything wrong there. At least you responded to her and maybe she will accept that and that you're okay and she doesn't need to worry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you've said anything wrong there. At least you responded to her and maybe she will accept that and that you're okay and she doesn't need to worry.

Thank you.
    I know it's trivial and daft, my anxiety is making me worry!
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sweets. You handled that brilliantly, you have Done nothing to be ashamed about....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you.
    I know it's trivial and daft, my anxiety is making me worry!

It's not trivial at all, this is important, big stuff for you and you're handling it very well, don't worry. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No sweets. You handled that brilliantly, you have Done nothing to be ashamed about....
    It's not trivial at all, this is important, big stuff for you and you're handling it very well, don't worry. :)

Thank you guys x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any time, my little chickadee.....;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys x

No problem, Beth. We're always around if you need to talk about anything. :)
  • Options
    Maisymoo82Maisymoo82 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the wedding Tt! Sounds amazing, I'd love something like that if I get married. I'm helping my sister plan hers at the moment and she's worrying far too much about the colour of the ribbons on the invitations than is actually healthy! Plus she's having to "streamline" the guest list by not inviting various family members...rather her than me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maisymoo82 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the wedding Tt! Sounds amazing, I'd love something like that if I get married. I'm helping my sister plan hers at the moment and she's worrying far too much about the colour of the ribbons on the invitations than is actually healthy! Plus she's having to "streamline" the guest list by not inviting various family members...rather her than me!

Wow, just thinking of the wrath of various Aunties I would have to face...:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is this thread so quiet now? Where IS everyone? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Echo, echo, echo, echo......;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha!

I've just let my cat out, and now I'm worrying! He comes in for dinner at 10pm, (and isn't allowed out again) and goes to bed, gets up at 5ish to go out, but he was pestering me so I let him out.

He's not meant to be out at this time as it's late! Usually my parents let him out though and they're away. I keep calling him though, but he probably won't reappear until breakfast :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd worry too. But he's probably having the time of his life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as he's okay and comes back in the morning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if anything happens to him, I won't forgive myself and I know my family won't either. He has to come back in the morning :( I'm falling asleep, I've just called him again and he's not coming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he's o.k...... I'm sure he is. Fingers crosssed
  • Options
    Maisymoo82Maisymoo82 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, just thinking of the wrath of various Aunties I would have to face...:o

LOL! She's already banned the cousins kids, just wait till they find out some cousins are invited to the day do, while others are only invited to the night do! :o
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Maisymoo82 wrote: »
    LOL! She's already banned the cousins kids, just wait till they find out some cousins are invited to the day do, while others are only invited to the night do! :o

My male cousin was due to get married next year and his fiancee asked me if myself and oh would be going because they needed to know for the meal how many would be going. I said i couldnt say for sure because it was a long time away and on a weekday. We couldve booked it off work but oh didnt want to incase there was an away job that week because he usually does those and gets paid overtime.

It caused a big fuss because she needed an answer so i said we will have to say no because it was just too far in advance (well over a year!). Then a few days later she said they had to cut the guest list down so partners of cousins werent invited. I said definitely no because i cant drive so it would be a lot of hassel getting there. Cue more fuss as to why i wasnt going. Then it changed to cousins werent invited and we could only go to the meal afterwards. I still said no, as it was basically a day unpaid to travel a few hours for a pub meal then home again.

A few days later the whole thing was cancelled. Of course theres still a lot of ill feeling towards me for saying no even though theres no bloody wedding anymore!

It was the most bizarre thing ever! They got engaged (suprise proposal) on a saturday, and the monday afternoon she had been and bought her dress, veil, shoes etc. all that week she was asking recommendations on facebook for limos, discos, venues etc. within two weeks they had paid a deposit on the reg office, booked the pub for the meal and everything was organised. About a fortnight later she was asking for numbers because they needed to know the exact numbers for the meal and the reg office and a few days later she announced the whole thing was off!

From start to finish it was just over a month and i dread to think how much money was wasted!

Just seems so much more stressful that it needed to be.

About two years ago when we discussed marriage we looked into a few local hotels. One was cheap but was a dive, one was nice but expensive. We made a list of people we wanted to invite, and a list of people we felt obliged to invite. When we looked at the price of the wedding and the length of the obliged list we ended it there :D thats when our talk of vegas started. Initially we were going to go to the reg office and do it in secret but then we thought better not because it would cause trouble if our family found out we had done it in our town and not invited anyone. At least with vegas its far enough away that people wouldnt have gone anyway.

One positive was that when oh saw the receipt for the whole wedding including photos he commented that it was less than his friend had paid just for the photographer to turn up! :o

We had a mini photoshoot done for free and got one free photo. We then had the option to buy the photos individually on a disc for $40 each :o or just over $100 for the lot! We opted for that and then went and printed them out at walmart for 15c each :D

Theres nothing about it i regret. My dress was £26 on ebay and looked amazing. Now its like every other wedding dress and stuck in a wardrobe never to see light again. Glad i didnt go to a boutique and soend thousands on it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds lovely! :) It's your day and if you're happy with it, screw anyone else's negative opinion!

My kitty is back! :)
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have only just caught up with this thread.

For what it's worth Beth I thought you handled yourself beautifully - very calm and dignified. ^_^