a n e

3PS3PS Posts: 822
Forum Member
✭✭
so arrived here a hour a go due to my asthma. did my peak flow after having a coughing asthma fit and it is reading low. waiting in the waiting area for 45 mins before i first got seen. the nurse said have they told you it is a 3 hour wait. omgosh their was me struggling for breath and that made me feel worse. So here i am sat in a n e and if i knew i'd be sat with all the clubbers i would of dressed up. oh and talk tbout hygiene a toddler drops his dummy on the floor. mother puts it straight back in kids mouth.

so fellow dsers whats keeping you up this time of night/morning.

Comments

• irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A&E this time on a Saturday night? Yikes. I imagine you are one of the few sober, not bleeding people there! Good luck!
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to sleep about 11pm, Had an intense nightmare and awoke around 1am, Then I couldn't settle off due to a bad back meh, I'm off out at 9am won't be home till the evening *yawn smiley*

I hope they can sort you out there, Sitting in A&E sucks, Even during the day I've had to wait at least four hours most times.
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im watching vanilla ice build a barn in amish country lol
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3PS wrote: »
    so arrived here a hour a go due to my asthma. did my peak flow after having a coughing asthma fit and it is reading low. waiting in the waiting area for 45 mins before i first got seen. the nurse said have they told you it is a 3 hour wait. omgosh their was me struggling for breath and that made me feel worse. So here i am sat in a n e and if i knew i'd be sat with all the clubbers i would of dressed up. oh and talk tbout hygiene a toddler drops his dummy on the floor. mother puts it straight back in kids mouth.

sounds like a pretty typical night in A&E!!
    seriously though, hope you're better soon, did they give you a nebuliser?
    i know they use a triage system to assess how quickly people need to be seen...im a little stunned they've said you have to wait three hours though! hope you're feeling better soon!
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel better soon 3PS :)

I should be asleep, but am still awake for some daft reason.
  • dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad way to spend the night
    I've got an ear infection so whinging and moaning and drinking coffee
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did it go, I hope you feel better OP.
  • 3PS3PS Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi thanks everyone for the replies and well wishes. After seeing the check in nurse and her saying will give my notes to the doc, I had to go ask in the end at 7.30 how long before I will be seen I was the only person left in the waiting room. The charge nurse said I was next, then she came back out and said she wanted to assess me and give it to the doc again. Then saw the doc at 7.45am. Put me on a nebuliser and gave me some oxygen. My peak flow then went up to 420 and was discharged at 9. The doc apologised for my wait and said to go straight back if I need to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Hi thanks everyone for the replies and well wishes. After seeing the check in nurse and her saying will give my notes to the doc, I had to go ask in the end at 7.30 how long before I will be seen I was the only person left in the waiting room. The charge nurse said I was next, then she came back out and said she wanted to assess me and give it to the doc again. Then saw the doc at 7.45am. Put me on a nebuliser and gave me some oxygen. My peak flow then went up to 420 and was discharged at 9. The doc apologised for my wait and said to go straight back if I need to.

Bloody hell, nightmare. Hope you never have to go through that ever again. Thanks for the update, it is really appreciated. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Why did you go to A & E?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member

Nobody laugh at the above because unless you've had a severe asthma attack, you don't know how scary they are and I know what it's like to be stuck in a triage room for hours on end, bored shitless and no television to watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    Nobody laugh at the above because unless you've had a severe asthma attack, you don't know how scary they are and I know what it's like to be stuck in a triage room for hours on end, bored shitless and no television to watch.

I had childhood asthma and would regularly have bronchitis and be quite bad, But one time I had pneumonia and my peak flow was 25 I just couldn't catch my breath it was as you say scary.

I'm glad you are ok 3PS.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why did you go to A & E?
    ^^^

Glad you're okay now OP :)
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did you go to A & E?
    Where would you expect an ill person to go? The library? B&Q? The local chippie perhaps? :confused:
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glad you're ok OP, pity they didnt give you the nebuliser straight awaym instead of you waiting with potentially worsening asthma all that time!! if indeed your peak flow was as low as you say!! honestly!!
    anyway, glad you're ok now