Girls Aloud - Beautiful Because You Love Me

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
Has this been available for download or is it an exclusive release for December 16th? If so how has it been doing?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It charted at #97 the week the album dropped but hasn't peaked any further despite a video being released. Although I think they have a lot of promotion for it at some point. But yes it's been slated for an official release next week although I don't no how reliable this is.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard rumours it's been pushed back to the 14th of January. If that's true and if interest in the song doesn't pick up, I'm expecting them to cancel this release and go for On The Metro instead. It would be too embarrassing for them if they missed the top 40.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God I'm a bit worried it hasn't been in the top 100 since! Not a good sign :mad:
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has obviously not come out this week
    so maybe the January rumour is true
    I just hope they decide to do a double a-side with a more ubeat song instead!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it available to download as an album cut though? It should still be charting well within the top 100
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've lost their appeal I reckon - why doesn't Nadine get a solo? She has the strongest and recognisable voice of the group - can't see it doing brilliantly
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Nadine who does the 'my baby my baby my baby' bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Nadine who does the 'my baby my baby my baby' bit.

You can hardly tell cos it's auto tuned. Though I like Nicola's voice Nadine should've got a solo - I know she's unlikeable but she does have the best voice...
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful drippy song. GA are better than this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    This is bizarre as the Official Charts Company has 16th December down as the release date but I have not seen it as a stand alone single anywhere. As far as their singles go this my least liked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`ve also heard it`s been pushed back till early Jan so that`s prob why not too sure tho
  • HelloRainHelloRain Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyrics are dreadful. 'Beautiful because of someone else's validation' - riiight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay what the hell has happened this single?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »
    Okay what the hell has happened this single?!

It was crap and didn't chart because of it.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Drippy vomit-inducing load of carp. Definitely not up to GA's usual standards. It's as bad as their cover of See The Day.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It didn't chart because it was crap. I personally feel nadine always holds the girls aloud ballads but where was she?? This song just shows they need nadine to give them there distinctive sound...even something new needed her vocal on the chorus, it wud have been dire without her
  • sward669sward669 Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It didn't chart because it was crap. I personally feel nadine always holds the girls aloud ballads but where was she?? This song just shows they need nadine to give them there distinctive sound...even something new needed her vocal on the chorus, it wud have been dire without her

Amen.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't chart at all? Wow! Their first single not to do so in that case.

But in fairness, it was crap.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible song :yawn:
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe they even released this as a single. It deserved to flop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I am a MASSIVE GA fan, going to the Ten tour and have been to every single tour they have done but this song is painful, I don't think when it gets going its too bad, the chorus will be nice to sing along to, but the opening lines with Cheryl rhyming face in, basin, mascara racing, omg, thats awful.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Why didn't they release On The Metro instead?
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the song that (according to Nicola) 'everyone wanted' and that is the reason it flopped!

- GA have never followed a sound or gone after popularity.

Something New - October 26th
    On The Metro (Single Mix) - January 2013
    Every Now And Then - March/April 2013 (to coincide with the tour)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    If there was only going to be one more single release I would prefer Every Now And Then over On The Metro.
  • spm2013spm2013 Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Every Now & Then is bloody fantastic. Why they released Something New & this over it baffles me immensley.

I think Every Now & Then would have been a bigger hit than Something New.