Madonna - "Sorry"

2»

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Pinder's comments earlier in regards to the video's of Confessions Sorry was brilliant as it was a continuation of the sounds and feels she presented whereas the latter video's fractured the body of work as a whole. I love Sorry and was a surprise success or me but much prefer Get Together one of my all time fave M songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I agree with Pinder's comments earlier in regards to the video's of Confessions Sorry was brilliant as it was a continuation of the sounds and feels she presented whereas the latter video's fractured the body of work as a whole. I love Sorry and was a surprise success or me but much prefer Get Together one of my all time fave M songs.

lol Pinder...reminds of school days...OI PINDER!!! haha!

And yeah you can tell when "get together" influences others work when it is that DAMN great! Everything from her voice, the lyrics and the production changeups across the song....ah man its out of this damn world! And deserved a much much higher quality video....and deserved to be her 13th number one but alas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol Pinder...reminds of school days...OI PINDER!!! haha!

And yeah you can tell when "get together" influences others work when it is that DAMN great! Everything from her voice, the lyrics and the production changeups across the song....ah man its out of this damn world! And deserved a much much higher quality video....and deserved to be her 13th number one but alas.

Haha and i thought Cornwall was tranquil :it's more doc martin than i though :p

And so true although Hung Up and Sorry work seamlessly as Complimentary Pieces.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's such a great song, from the very first second to the last. Its stuck in my head just from reading the title.. "I've heard it all before" and "Don't Explain Yourself cos talk is cheap, there's more important things than hearing you speak" are looping in my head right now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha and i thought Cornwall was tranquil :it's more doc martin than i though :p

And so true although Hung Up and Sorry work seamlessly as Complimentary Pieces.

yer tis very Doc Martin if not MORE so in some aspects XD

And yeah they do....a missed trick but alas...whatever to it besides that it is still a masterstroke album and a fantastic era....and it paved a definite trend in Dance music for the rest of the decade too :cool: so slick!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's such a great song, from the very first second to the last. Its stuck in my head just from reading the title.. "I've heard it all before" and "Don't Explain Yourself cos talk is cheap, there's more important things than hearing you speak" are looping in my head right now!

haha epic! So true it does get inside you mind and makes ya moooove!

Shame it asnt performed on the MDNA tour as some have said...would have worked reinforced with Wild on the tour but alas....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha JP sounds like West Wales :p

And i agree i love the lyrics i am a sucker for French and it's that darkness that peppers what is otherwise a dance record from the artwork to the music it has a dual personality (like Britney's Blackout released a year later).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha JP sounds like West Wales :p

And i agree i love the lyrics i am a sucker for French and it's that darkness that peppers what is otherwise a dance record from the artwork to the music it has a dual personality (like Britney's Blackout released a year later).

;) we invented it...:D

And yeah its the Dark Dance feel and Art Dance blended together...its powerful....and yeah...and Dos years HM...Dos....Blackout Vs X remember...although both are so different by our Pop Princesses but keeping the wheel a movin forward...even borrowing Bloodshy & Avant ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ;) we invented it...:D

And yeah its the Dark Dance feel and Art Dance blended together...its powerful....and yeah...and Dos years HM...Dos....Blackout Vs X remember...although both are so different by our Pop Princesses but keeping the wheel a movin forward...even borrowing Bloodshy & Avant ;)

Haha the slightly off centre but lovable neighbor :p

Exactly add in JT and u have that mini Electro revolution that went on to great things in 09 before the bubble burst and it all began in 05 with COADF :)
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Haha naughty...

It does remind me though of going in town (well nearby...we call it town) and several clubs playing COADF tracks basically and me thinking hang on it Let It Will Be a single? I only just remembered that :D so fun!

and agreed the PSB remix i LOVE and i adore how she incorporated it into tour <3 just INSANE epic!! and shame they didnt collab on Hard Candy as widely announced :/...nevermind!

I'm still holding out for a PSB and Madonna collaboration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha the slightly off centre but lovable neighbor :p

Exactly add in JT and u have that mini Electro revolution that went on to great things in 09 before the bubble burst and it all began in 05 with COADF :)

haha off centre indeed ;)

oh yeah JT mixed it up didnt he with his Futuresex/Lovesounds....kinda annoyed me that COADF didnt recieve the "grammy attention" it so rightly deserved in comparison to JT/....ironically it gave them the same amount of wins in the Dance category so alls good...and COADF won Best Electronic/Dance Recording in 2007 too...so YAY!

But yeah in 2009 i feel it burst really everything started to sound the same due to sudden popularity in Electropop...dunno why ;) hehe!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Sorry is 7 years old tomorrow! Going to put this song on full blast!

It's without a doubt my favourite Madonna song of all time!

I'm really hoping she uses Sorry on her next tour, Would love to see it mashed together with I Fu***d Up. Those two songs would sound epic mixed together.

I've heard it all before!

http://youtu.be/B5OPMI13qng
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry is 7 years old tomorrow! Going to put this song on full blast!

It's without a doubt my favourite Madonna song of all time!

I'm really hoping she uses Sorry on her next tour, Would love to see it mashed together with I Fu***d Up. Those two songs would sound epic mixed together.

I've heard it all before!

http://youtu.be/B5OPMI13qng

Ah man i remember having it as a late 14th Bday prezzie <3 WOAH time has flown by...my 21st last Mon :O crikey! 7 years

Yeah imma blast it!!

And yeah Sorry would have fit in with Transgression i feel very well but alas...i do think and hope it will be performed in the future :)

Along with ideal marriages/mash ups together of songs (get together/ Keep it together in particular) <3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is an amazing song, whether you like M or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Yeah it is an amazing song, This song was Madonna's last real peak in music, and the last time she received a lot of acclaim for her work. I don't think she is as on form now as what she was back then, also I think she looked stunning around 2005-2006 time.

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Show+Brit+Awards+2006+Mastercard+-mo89yzGV5Fl.jpg
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great song from the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it is an amazing song, This song was Madonna's last real peak in music, and the last time she received a lot of acclaim for her work. I don't think she is as on form now as what she was back then, also I think she looked stunning around 2005-2006 time.

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Show+Brit+Awards+2006+Mastercard+-mo89yzGV5Fl.jpg

Oh memories of 2005/6 <3 loved that she took over everything for over a year...just wished "get together" was a chart topper too...but zero promo for it bar radio play and TV airplay obviously....at least it was a top 10 same with "Jump" :) but "gt" is a masterpiece song too <3 and i often repeat this but would have loved if the videos continued the troupe/dance storyline in HU and Sorry :)

Anyways...i feel she has started to find herself again and she can come out with something massive again :) time, focus, overall really conceptually....but we will be there again.

But loved watching the Brits/grammys (for the first time) that year :) and following the era :)
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of her best singles, imho, and when I saw her perform it on the Confessions tour in 2006 it was one of the biggest crowd pleasers of the night. She also had one of the most amazing remixes ever, complete with very clever and evocative video screens.

I love Madonna, even when her music stinks somtimes. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of her best singles, imho, and when I saw her perform it on the Confessions tour in 2006 it was one of the biggest crowd pleasers of the night. She also had one of the most amazing remixes ever, complete with very clever and evocative video screens.

I love Madonna, even when her music stinks somtimes. :D

Oh man yeah the film of ACTUAL confessionals of abuse...adds so many layers...alwas what i love about Madonna...its never a simple song with songs like this..so many layers can be applied :) anthemic but with a message...and yeah the way she recreates scenes from videos in live performance WOW!!!