[GAME] The X Factor 20 - The Grande Finale (4 Finalists, 1 Winner, YOU! DECIDE)

Comments

• Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats right, anything is possible
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, at the moment the judges feel it’s quite level pegged. Will there next song’s change this? Now it’s time for our very special Celebrity duets. We head back to Soppy and the Boy’s now. This guy has had a brilliant time throughout the competition and impressed us all with his rock vocals. However, tonight he is toning down and will be joined by a very special guest / Here performing the massive hit Red, it’s David Correy with Daniel Merriweather
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRKJs51A4-s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was a good performance from you two. Obviously you were singing in Daniel's key but for you David, I wouldve wanted it higher..using your performance of 'Since You've Been Gone' on the real show as a template. It was however a good duet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    David

David that was so so much better than your first performance. After seeing what your mentor chose for your first song I have to admit I honestly thought he was throwing you under the bus tonight but you have redeemed yourself with this performance with Daniel. I have to be honest and say I am not sure what way the public is going to vote tonight but David I wish you the best of luck.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

Look at this audience, they are going crazy for you! David, that was simply awesome! I wanna thank Daniel for coming over here and taking the time to sing along with David who I know is a huge fan. I have nothing but feeling proud and full of admiration for you David, this was a perfect moment for you. Bring on the next round!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better comments for David there. Could that secure him a place in the Final 2? We shall see. Massive thank you to Daniel for agreeing to sing with David tonight. Over to Kuda and the Groups now. The surprise package of the competition has defiantly been these guys. They weren’t expected to get this far in the competition but have defied the odds and have a shot at taking the title. It is my pleasure to announce that singing Empire State Of Mind it’s MK1 joined by the very special guests Jay-Z and Alicia Keys
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh guys...that was a perfect match made for all the fans who have supported you. That was a great song choice once again, but when your celeb partners came on stage, it just reached a new level of greatness. A brilliant performance and better than earlier. Well done guys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

THAT, was one of the BEST duets I've ever seen on a show, my whole time here. Thanks to Jay Z and Alicia, some big stars in the world for agreeing to perform with you. Mk1 you are so honoured tonight.
    Jay Z and Sim you were like brothers in that. That was amazing and Charlie you smashed that, complimenting Alicia so well, making everything into a great and surreal moment on that stage. I wish we could re-do it! Incredible
    Forum Member
    MK1

Guys, I am so glad that your mentor chose a decent duet for you guys. All I can say is I really love you guys and hope you go all the way
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW! Fantastic comments from the judges there with Stephen also saying he hopes they take the crown. Could they be a surprise winner? Thank you to Jay and Alicia for taking their time out to sing with MK1. Over to Steve again now and our third finalist. This guy is the dark horse of the competition and will be hoping to nick the title from the others which would be an outstanding achievement for him. Here with Gives You Hell, please welcome Adam Burridge with All American Rejects
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17JnFCEqSHQ
    Forum Member
    Adam

Adam I am not completely convinced by that song. I had such high expectations in my mind for what you were going to perform and I have been left with a bitter sting of disappointment. I can understand why your mentor has gone with this song but for me I would have went with something more stylistically suited to your intense vocals. I know this is a bit of an obvious duet but off the top of my head without any thought I would have much preferred a duet with Artic Monkeys singing Diamonds Are Forever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to be honest, I wasnt expecting someone like All American Reject tonight as I dont see you as a future rock/punk star in my eyes. I wasnt so excited on the duet partner to be honest, I was expecting someone like Jason Mraz or James Morrison, that sort of direction. Cant really fault the vocals though, they were on point, most of the time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as Nicole once said, judges...don't be a grumpy old fart now. ;)

Adam, what a real treat it was for you to be on stage with an underrated rock band that needs more recognition! This was pure rock, a pure live performance, and your voice is pure and real which makes you a huge star. I still believe that you can prove the others wrong as you have done over these weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the best comments for Adam again with Kuda and Stephen not feeling the duet partner. However, did he do it for you? If he did, you know what to do and we all love a bit of Steve and his sayings (or borrowed sayings) Now for our last celebrity duet. These boys didn’t get the best comments in the first round this evening but will be hoping to turn it round with a fantastic performance. They’ve fought hard throughout the competition and won’t want to fall at the final hurdle. Here with Too Close for a very special duet it’s Times Red and Alex Clare
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP50Ewh31E4

Song/Lyric layout
    TR= Times Red
    H = Hamonising
    AC = Alex Clare

TR: You know I'm not one to break promises,
    I don't want to hurt you but I need to breathe.
    At the end of it all, you're still my best friend,
    But there's something inside that I need to release.
    TR (+H): Which way is right, which way is wrong,
    How do I say that I need to move on?
    You know we're heading separate ways.

*Ladies & Gentlemen, PLEASE WELCOME ALEX CLARE!*

AC: And it feels like I am just too close to love you,
    There's nothing I can really say.
    I can't lie no more, I can't hide no more,
    Got to be true to myself.
    All (+H) And it feels like I am just too close to love you,
    So I'll be on my way.

AC: You've given me more than I can return,
    Yet there's oh so much that you deserve.
    There's nothing to say, nothing to do.
    TR: I've nothing to give,
    I must live without you.
    You know we're heading separate ways.

TR: And it feels like I am just too close to love you,
    There's nothing I can really say.
    AC: I can't lie no more, I can't hide no more,
    TR (+H): And it feels like I am just too close to love you,
    So I'll be on my way.

AC: So I'll be on my way.

ALL:And it feels like I am just too close to love you,
    There's nothing that I can really say.
    AC: I can't lie no more, I can't hide no more,
    ALL: And it feels like I am just too close to love you,
    So I'll be on my way.

TR: So I'll be on my way.
    AC: So I'll be on my way
    Forum Member
    Times Red

Guys that was interesting tonight. I can see why your mentor chose this duet and song for you. I am going to say it again but without the beatboxing I tend to forget quickly about you guys. I know your mentor has said that he doesn’t want to use it in all the performances but had I been your mentor I would have tried to find another arrangement of this song which included the beatboxing. The thing about this song that gets my tick of approval is the dubstep feeling to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

For me, that was WAY much better than before...this was a brilliant combination for me. You boys are amazing with harmonies, but once Alex came on stage with you, it was like I was watching an all-star concert! I gotta give credit to your mentor who has done bloody terrific with you boys. Amazing job, guys!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

I am speechless. That was one OUTSTANDING duet. Alex Clare and you guys sounded blomming a.ma.zing on that record. You divided the vocals and harmonies so well. That was just great to watch. No one expected you to be in the final for goodness sake and now you just pulled off an impressive duet with Alex Clare here. I'm so proud of you. I am so proud, of you

@bboy. I could not choose something woth beatboxing as the rules said the Celebrity had to be in that song. and if they beatboxed all the time, theyd become a one trick pony
    Forum Member
    *Standing Ovation*

I am speechless. That was one OUTSTANDING duet. Alex Clare and you guys sounded blomming a.ma.zing on that record. You divided the vocals and harmonies so well. That was just great to watch. No one expected you to be in the final for goodness sake and now you just pulled off an impressive duet with Alex Clare here. I'm so proud of you. I am so proud, of you

@bboy. I could not choose something woth beatboxing as the rules said the Celebrity had to be in that song. and if they beatboxed all the time, theyd become a one trick pony

Ahh but like I said you could have chosen an arrangement that included beatboxing. Without it I find the lads a little forgettable
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A brilliant response from the judges there for Times Red. Massive thank you to Alex Clare and I forgot to mention earlier All American Rejects. Have Times Red done enough? Now for a very special round. Having four contestants in the final gave us an interesting scenario. All the remaining acts are very closed so we decided to include an extra round called two contestant duet. This basically means that we will have two very special duets between Adam, David, MK1 and Times Red. Steve and Kuda also decided to mix and match the duets resulting in a one Group and One boy singing together.

So, with this in mind. The pair had to come to a joint decision of which song to sing. So here with a version of a Pitbull and Ne-Yo massive hit Give Me Everything, it’s
    Adam Burridge and MK1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo5wWmKEaI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    Ahh but like I said you could have chosen an arrangement that included beatboxing. Without it I find the lads a little forgettable
    Wait, till we get to next round :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sim
    Me not working hard?
    Yeah, right! Picture that with a Kodak
    Or, better yet, go to Times Square
    Take a picture of me with a Kodak
    Took my life from negative to positive
    I just want y'all know that
    And tonight, let's enjoy life
    Pitbull, Nayer, Ne-Yo
    That's right

Adam
    Tonight I want all of you tonight
    Give me everything tonight
    For all we know we might not get tomorrow
    Let's do it tonight

Charlie
    Don't care what they say
    Or what games they play
    Nothing is enough
    'Til I have your love

(Adam
    Let's do it tonight)

Charlie
    I want you tonight,
    I want you to stay
    I want you tonight

Adam
    Grab somebody sexy, tell 'em hey

Sim
    Take advantage of tonight
    Cause tomorrow I'm off to Dubai to perform for a princess
    But tonight, I can make you my queen
    And make love to you endless
    This is insane: the way the name growin'
    Money keep flowin'
    Hustlers move aside
    So, I'm tiptoein', to keep flowin'
    I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan

Put it on my life, baby,
    I make you feel right, baby
    Can't promise tomorrow
    But, I promise tonight
    Darling

All
    Excuse me (Excuse Me)
    And I might drink a little more than I should tonight
    And I might take you home with me, if I could tonight
    And, baby, Ima make you feel so good, tonight
    Cause we might not get tomorrow

Charlie
    Don't care what they say
    Or what games they play
    Nothing is enough
    'Til I have your love

(Adam
    Let's do it tonight)

Charlie
    I want you tonight,
    I want you to stay
    I want you tonight

Adam

Sim
    Reach for the stars
    And if you don't grab 'em,
    At least you'll fall on top of the world
    Think about it
    Cuz if you slip,
    I'm gon' fall on top yo girl (hahaa)
    What I'm involved with
    Is deeper than the masons
    Baby, baby, and it ain't no secret
    My family's from Cuba
    But I'm an American Idol
    Get money like Seacrest

Put it on my life, baby
    I make you feel right, baby
    Can't promise tomorrow
    But, I promise tonight
    Darling

All
    Excuse me (Excuse Me)
    And I might take you home with me if I could tonight
    And baby imma make you feel so good tonight

Charlie
    Don't care what they say
    Or what games they play
    Nothing is enough
    'Til I have your love

(Adam
    Let's do it tonight)

Charlie
    I want you tonight,
    I want you to stay
    I want you tonight

Adam

All
    And I might take you home with me if I could tonight
    And baby imma make you feel so good tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

Er guys, talk about being out of the world? Cause that duet, truly was. All of you sounded fantastic I mean Mk1 painfully lost a memeber befor the live shows and Adam, jugying by that vocal, you can join our group anyday. You've rapped and sung everyweek with originality and passion and I just wish you all the best toniight. You've done all you can now and I think you did soo well in that great duet!
    Forum Member
    Adam and MK1

Massive congrats guys on the duet. This was always going to provide a very interesting reaction from not only me but the viewers also. Can I ask if this was a joint choice or did one of the mentors really push for this song choice. I honestly think it was slightly more suited and very slightly to MK1 just for the rapping but apart from the rapping I wasn’t a fan :( sorry guys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

And now, the fun part of the Final begins. This is what the Final is about, it's also about having a fab time like it's the last night of the Series...which it is of course. I chose this one for you both because I wanted to keep the spirit of each other's talents alive and this is what you get together on stage. I really wish you luck with the votes tonight... both to you MK1 and my most darkhorse boy, Adam!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    Adam and MK1

Can I ask if this was a joint choice or did one of the mentors really push for this song choice. .

Soppyfan chose this song and I chose the song for Times Red/David but no one pushed anything, we were all in agreement of the songs