Leona Lewis overrated?

Comments

• Merry HappyMerry Happy Posts: 8,228
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    Simon Cowell said on the X Factor she is worldclass. he's meant to be an expert in the music industry. surely he knows what he's talking about.

Yeah. Michelle McManus, Gareth Gates, Robson and Jerome are all testament to that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    I did like her at first but for some reason and i cant put my finger on it i went off her i wonder if its because their are so many singers with the same kind of tone
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell said on the X Factor she is worldclass. he's meant to be an expert in the music industry. surely he knows what he's talking about.

He couldn't give a hoot if she was good or not (ala Robson and Jermone, Zig & Zag and The Teletubbies). All Simon cares about is how much money he can squeeze off the mass public sheep. Hence, why he's rich.

(7,000th post woop woop :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    He couldn't give a hoot if she was good or not (ala Robson and Jermone, Zig & Zag and The Teletubbies). All Simon cares about is how much money he can squeeze off the mass public sheep. Hence, why he's rich.

That`s so true :D
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    Am I the only person on the planet who thinks Leona Lewis' singing is overrated and can't understand why she is being regarded as the new Whitney etc

To me her singing isn't in the same league as Whitney or much better than other x factor singers such as Brenda or Maria. Thought Nikki this year was comparable to her too.

Maybe I just don't get her voice.

I cannot stand her...that simpering "princess di" look...all innocent....she makes my skin crawl and I was overjoyed that she did not win any Brits last night...she did not deserve them....and before anyone jumps on me...it is MY opinion and I am entitled to it :D
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    Here's the Hayley Evett's (ex Popstar and Pop Idol) version.

Which does everyone prefer?

I actually prefer Hayley's. :o
    I too prefer Hayley's but don't think either of them compare to Whitney at her best - in fact listening to Leona and Hayley reminds me just how far above the rest Whitney was.

Only Mariah ever came anywhere near - and she was still in Whitney's shadow.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot stand her...that simpering "princess di" look...all innocent....she makes my skin crawl and I was overjoyed that she did not win any Brits last night...she did not deserve them....and before anyone jumps on me...it is MY opinion and I am entitled to it :D

I don't know how anybody can say Leona deserved to win a Brit Award.

Her style is nothing but typical manufactured, soulless dirge, straight off the Cowell conveyor belt of "musical" puppetry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,526
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed hearing Hayley Evett's version of Bleeding Love- does anybody know if it is available on the internet anywhere? I've looked on Google and MySpace to see if she had a profile, but nothing that I could see...

Edited to say: Is the full version of BL available, I mean! :)
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pinkster wrote: »
    I really enjoyed hearing Hayley Evett's version of Bleeding Love- does anybody know if it is available on the internet anywhere? I've looked on Google and MySpace to see if she had a profile, but nothing that I could see...

Edited to say: Is the full version of BL available, I mean! :)

The full version streams here:

http://www.singitforme.co.uk/
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does she sing crouching down on her knees ?

It means that she's being emotional and we can share her torment and pain.
  • HelbrownHelbrown Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we can share her torment and pain.

But I don't want to. If she is so tormented I really wish she would check herself into the Priory.

I really cannot bear to listen to his girl.

But her failure last night was one of the highlights of the night. At least it was recognised that she just warbles what she is told to and has no creative input.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's not a music expert by any stretch of the imagination.
    Just check out his track record before these talent shows.:D

He's just a businessman who can get a good handle on what can sell if it's presented in the right way.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    It means that she's being emotional and we can share her torment and pain.
    Share it!!!!!

She puts me bloody well throught it:mad:
    Forum Member
    overhyped and still over here

im sick of hearing how big shes going to be in the USA

as far as Im concernd the sooner shes over there the better
  • toccyladtoccylad Posts: 1,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hayley's is crap she just is like most girls i hear doing the local pub on a saturday night people get real leona is worldclass, she knocks the spots off every british singer and most amercian singers too.
    Is it because she's had a couple of hits and now its all we dont like her we should all be biging her up

rant over
  • lovelylissalovelylissa Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toccylad wrote: »
    hayley's is crap she just is like most girls i hear doing the local pub on a saturday night people get real leona is worldclass, she knocks the spots off every british singer and most amercian singers too.
    Is it because she's had a couple of hits and now its all we dont like her we should all be biging her up

rant over

Wow, which pubs are local to you?? ;)
  • TanequilTanequil Posts: 366,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Practice.

She has a more than decent voice however her songs are safe and dull and she dresses like an old woman.
    Forum Member
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Practice.

She has a more than decent voice however her songs are safe and dull and she dresses like an old woman.
    dressed more like a quality street last night

reminded me of Queefy :eek:
    Forum Member
    Double post
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    I don't think she's overrated her albums good and she's got an amazing voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    toccylad wrote: »

rant over

Simon is that you?:D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helbrown wrote: »
    But I don't want to. If she is so tormented I really wish she would check herself into the Priory.

I really cannot bear to listen to his girl.

But her failure last night was one of the highlights of the night. At least it was recognised that she just warbles what she is told to and has no creative input.

I am never going to be the biggest Leona fan, but you're talking tosh now seriously. Leona is a very talented singer/songwriter who can play the piano and guitar.

She had no input on Bleeding love but she was a co-writer on her album, albeit only in one song, entitled 'whatever it takes'.

I have also seen her live on the X-factor tour and she brought Wembley Arena to silence..she is super talented.

I do hate bleeding love though, I find it to be rather bland, and in fact do prefer Hayley's version.

Jason
  • pabs1904pabs1904 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon is that you?:D

:D:D!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was her way of demonstrating that she was pissed off because someone had nicked her shoes? It completely messed up her whole 'I've done Harpers look' and made her look a wee bit Joss Stone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    pabs1904 wrote: »
    :D:D!

:p could have been:D