Big Brother On Itv

SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just out of interest who feels it would be better off airing on itv?

It appears according to a report from the independent, bb could be occupying the graveyard slot on C5.

:/

Comments

• stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think ITV would be a good place for the show as it could air on ITV 2 at 9-10pm
    Then at 10.35 on ITV (main channel) they could repeat it.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new ITV channel - ITVBe would be better - it seems to only show reality programmes so BB would fit in
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would fit in well in my opinion. :)
    Not sure if ITV are interested in it mind :blush:
  • JBlackpool01253JBlackpool01253 Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    ITV could be the refresh and change BBUK needs, If they can make I'm a Celeb... so popular surely they can do the same with Big Brother. With a new channel, format, production AND presenting team (Holly Willoughby or Fearne Cotton ?!) I think it could do quite well on ITV.

They could air all LIVE shows on ITV, Daily Show at 9pm or 10pm on ITV2 and Live Feed and repeats on itvBe.

While on Channel 5 BBUK is quickly becoming very stale imo, it needs either the axe to fall or change of channel again ASAP.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV would never have live streaming. They were the same channel that axed the I'm a Celeb live feed years ago. I don't know why people think they would bring it back for BB. If anything they would reduce the coverage even more.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    ITV would never have live streaming. They were the same channel that axed the I'm a Celeb live feed years ago. I don't know why people think they would bring it back for BB. If anything they would reduce the coverage even more.
    The problem with the IAC feed was the time difference.
    Live from Australia really only meant that it was viable for an hour or so each day to most people.
    I don't know if ITV would have a Live Feed for BB or not but I think it's slightly unfair to compare it to the IAC feed which had a different set of circumstances.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just wonder if it wouldn't be better off anywhere else that woould give it better treatment.
    Even through the post at the moment ... :D
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    Bad idea.

If it goes to ITV the entire cast of TOWIE will be on every BB.
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    ITV could be the refresh and change BBUK needs, If they can make I'm a Celeb... so popular surely they can do the same with Big Brother. With a new channel, format, production AND presenting team (Holly Willoughby or Fearne Cotton ?!) I think it could do quite well on ITV.

They could air all LIVE shows on ITV, Daily Show at 9pm or 10pm on ITV2 and Live Feed and repeats on itvBe.

While on Channel 5 BBUK is quickly becoming very stale imo, it needs either the axe to fall or change of channel again ASAP.

The sad truth, although it's already spawning mould and way past it's sell-by.
  • Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have witnessed no change in quality of viewing and thus see no reason why the programme requires export.

It's as good as it's always been and I'm just glad we have it. :)
  • Samuel WilsonSamuel Wilson Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    No, Big Brother is better off on Channel 5. On Channel 5, Big Brother is the channel's big show. It is the big fish in a small pond. On itv it would be a small fish and probably would be marginalised in the schedules.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with u.

Itv 2 could air it everyday at 9-10.
    Itv could then repeat it at 10.35-11.35 (after the news)

Plus Launch night,final, evictions etc could all air on both Itv and itv 2.

Also the spin off shows could air on itv 2 at 10-10.35 then repeated at 11.35-12.10 after the itv showing.

I think Laura Whitemore would be a good host
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As nice as it would be to have Big Brother on such a big channel, staying on Channel 5, or moving to another "smaller" channel is probably the best bet for it.

As someone else said, its better being a big fish in a small pond; so if it was to move I'd want it to go to something like Sky Living (definitely not Sky1 as they'd make it all family friendly)
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    I trhink late night C5 or peak time 5* is best, to be honest.

That way it can chunter along organically with less pressure on producers to manipulate the crap out of it in order to create big 'ratings events', and will, in all likelihood, be a better show for it.

The show is being slowly suffocated by the mucking about that has been going on the last few years. If putting it on outside of prime time or not on the prime channel means it can be left alone to "do it's thing" the way it used to in the beginning then I'm all for it.
  • Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that rearrangement of the furniture so to speak is a more viable option than its export.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter how many people like it how it is and see no reason for change, much like anything else, if BB stands still it stagnates.

The audience is already lower and marginalised, and there's been much muttering about how it's been the past year. Surely they can't want to go through that again.

Even the press don't bother much (and of course there isn't a direct link any more now Desmond's cashed in). So it's less forward in the public eye, lower audience figures again.
    Shunting it off to a later time without changes will lower the audience further, and eventually kill it off (I suspect more in the short-term than long).
    Without a major re-positioning to a different audience you have natural attrition anyway.
    Look at the US, when they start fiddling about with the broadcast time of a programme, that's almost always the end. Especially if it's taken off prime time to some later slot.

If they don't make any changes other a schedule shuffle to the graveyard shift, then it's a perhaps not-so-slow decline.
  • LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Primetime ITV tries too hard to be 'middle class' and family friendly - BB has far too much baggage for them to handle, then you get to ITV2 who are going through some big changes right now - but definitely not in a BB way - (it's heading for E4 style, now its got rid of the plastic).

ITV Be would be the most realistic, but I don't even get that channel in my bedroom, where I like to watch BB before bed so screw that. + that channel is just cheap and tacky, so low budgeted. Not saying 5 is any better but they're on their way for a change.

ITV wouldn't touch BB and I'm glad they wouldn't. Plus I'm a Celeb is far too similar, they already have their own BB - it just happens to be in a jungle. I don't think it should go to any multichannel, this is a show that needs a big budget and only the main broadcasters can provide that - oh and it should always remain FTA so Sky's out.

BB should end with C5, if it must come back then a good 5 year break is needed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Make it three and a jolly good run of primetime Coach Trip to fill in the gap, and yer on :D
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV would be the worst possible channel it could go to.
    ITV has become a laughable channel especially in the reality tv area.
    IACGMOOH has become very stale,and no it didnt kill the live feed because of Australian times..It killed the feed because they said it was not needed and too expensive..theres less chance of a live feed on ITV than pretty much any other channel.

They will also use it for an even stronger vehicle for their TOWIE show,lets not forget that was ITVs idea of reality tv to begin with and if you think its bad how 5 use those types just imagine the type of hms you will have on ITV.

Also who will host it?
    Allison Hammond? Holly Willoughby?
    Maybe even the mr bias of BB Dermot Oleary himself?

The show is fine where it is.
    C5 is currently the best home for the show.
    It needs simply to rethink its structure and Endemol to get their act together.
    BB has failed across the world this year..BBUSA was pathetic,BB15 was a mess and BBAUS has lost the plot.
    That tells me that Endemol need a massive wake up call,in Australia they are all saying BB needs to go back to channel 10 but people need to realise its Endemol at fault not just the channels it broadcasts from.

ITV would be bad because of its choises in hms and the zero chance of a livefeed but Endemol UK would still be pulling the strings..it is they that thought up the power theme thats been so disasterous,it is them that create the tasks,that do the editing...with c5 we have seen they were up for a partial live feed with BB14..They need to be convinced that was a good move and they need to expand on that..but dont for one second think that by BB moving channels that the show will go back to what we knew BB was like..that is hugely down to Endemol and the same team will be there no matter what channel it goes to.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, with C5 changing hands it's a whole new ballgame. Last owners mixed it all together with their wider media interests in papers/magazines and also used BB as a showcase to find/launch "talent" for other shows or productions or vehicles of theirs. New owners don't appear to have a similar wider portfolio of outlets and appear intent on going a bit more high-brow too. Basically, BB cannot continue as it has on C5.... it has to change to fit the new owner's style and approach to programming (assuming new owners even want the show anymore).
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just had visions of Mr Smug Schofield of ITV presenting BB what a thought
  • Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SG-1 wrote: »
    The show is fine where it is.
    C5 is currently the best home for the show.
    It needs simply to rethink its structure and Endemol to get their act together.
    BB has failed across the world this year..BBUSA was pathetic,BB15 was a mess and BBAUS has lost the plot.
    That tells me that Endemol need a massive wake up call,in Australia they are all saying BB needs to go back to channel 10 but people need to realise its Endemol at fault not just the channels it broadcasts from.

ITV would be bad because of its choises in hms and the zero chance of a livefeed but Endemol UK would still be pulling the strings..it is they that thought up the power theme thats been so disasterous,it is them that create the tasks,that do the editing...with c5 we have seen they were up for a partial live feed with BB14..They need to be convinced that was a good move and they need to expand on that..but dont for one second think that by BB moving channels that the show will go back to what we knew BB was like..that is hugely down to Endemol and the same team will be there no matter what channel it goes to.

But BB Canada was amazing, had really good ratings and was picked up to go onto a bigger channel for the next series. So not bad everywhere. That version is like the US version but with a few BB international type twists.
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shine_On wrote: »
    But BB Canada was amazing, had really good ratings and was picked up to go onto a bigger channel for the next series. So not bad everywhere. That version is like the US version but with a few BB international type twists.
    BBCAN was dissapointing for me,this was the one with Jon and Neda teaming up,using Sabrina to the end? .. and as its only in its 2nd series it should do better,less fatigue It also got very predictable and lacked much vision,I mean talk about overusing a prop ( marsha moose )...Didnt rate it as much as series 1 with great hms like Talia but admittedly it was far better than ours or BBUSA.
    I do think Endemol has been very lazy with BB in general this year and they as well as the channels need to remember that its not just a gameshow .
    .In Australia they removed the feed last year and now they have started removing daily shows so its only on 4 times a week...that side of it is clearly the channel so the fault is not just with Endemol but I do think Endemol is responsible for much of the reasons we complain about the show currently.
  • Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just pointing out that BB hadn't failed worldwide this year, the Canada series was a big success.

I personally think the reason BB has been failing in most countries is because they don't do what BB Canada does. The Canadian series gets the viewers involved and engages them to participate. Even if their involvement is mostly illusionary. Then it allows them to see the repercusions of their decisions with a mostly free 24/7 livefeed. On the website they even put a game within the game for viewers.

The UK and US versions are almost archaic now in their approach to Big Brother. What twists they do come up with seem to be ill thought out and they generally seem to be pleased if they manage to generate 5 minutes as a trending topic on twitter. Instead of innovating, like you would think a UK or US production would do, they instead seem to be stuck doing what they were doing 3 years ago. It's kind of embarrasing really.

I don't even think BB Canada does it that well.