Options

The Big Holby City Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rergarding Lucs problem.

This is probably a long shot but it just popped into my head when reading the posts about the security guard and his daughter.

What if Luc was in a relationship with this woman, she maybe died [when the the security guard, Roy, suggested he went to visit it her, and Luc said he had been busy, I cant help but think visit her grave as opposed to a person, just the way it came across in my opinion] anywho, what if she died because of complications to do with alcoholism, eg, liver failure, or perhaps her death was caused by a drink driver or something, which is the reason he hates alcohol so much, could also be the reason he was drawn towards Eddi in the first place, to help/protect her and it could also be the reason he left her. Scared of loosing someone again in similar circumstances.

Also in his last episode, regarding the couple on the ward who had a suicide pact, They seeemed to almost push him into leaving. He seemed to watch them and not agree with the fact they we're, for use of better words, killing each other, because they loved each other. I dont think he wanted this to happen to him. We're often reminded of how much he values his freedom, and I think he was scared love would take away his freedom, not specifically Eddi.

He said to Hanssen 'it depends how tou define freedom' I dont think he meant freedom of travelling, but freedom of choice and control over your own life, something which the other couple lacked. The woman could have had freedom by walking away but chose not to for love, something perhaps he wasnt willing to do. [Some may say thats selfish, but im not sure I agree...insensitive, yes, but its your life at the end of the day:o] Yes he should have told Eddi his fears, but hes not good about opening up & probably knew he'd cause a fight & she'd disagree, which is why he just uped and left.

I do feel hugely for her, but its not just him who has caused the problems. Thier whole relationship was far from 'normal' and I dont think either of them knew where they stood & was willling to admit how they feel to themselves, let alone each other. Asking for trouble...:rolleyes:

As for his other problems, I think they are seperate. I dont think they all would form from one terrible time in his life.....that'd just be bizzare. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Luc has never seen a relationship thats has been happy ever after. From what we understand his life has been complicated with no mention of a father. Maybe he associates love with hurt & therefore doesnt want it to happen.
    For example, I personally never want to get married, for a number of reason regarding experiences around me, maybe something along those lines. Just a thought ;)

Also noting how Eddi says 'If she'd fallen she could have taken you over the edge'

Most likely looking too much into this, but with regards to the whole 'Love, its a long way down' line.

Maybe he thought if Eddi had fallen for him it'd have taken him over the edge.

They're both so high/crazy on life, maybe he knew they weren't ready for the fall, nothing worse than settling down after the fall and having that madness spark/freedom taken away.:(

There was also a line Luc said 'You dont have the right to take someones life' which I think all fits in nicely with what i've mentioned above, regarding freedom & love :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Yeah Hatz with the reminder of the security guards daughter, i thought maybe its someone he loved, but i think shes alive and he couldnt 'fix' her (relating back to something he said in unsafe heaven part1), but then im not sure because the only slight insight we have had about his 'past demons' have been linked to his mother?

Im not sure i agree with the point about its not just Luc who caused the relationship to fail. Eddi did have her faults but mainly at the beginning. More recently she tried on at least two occassions to end it and said herself it was toxic. And in Lucs finally episode she was sure he would leave, it was him who announced he was staying giving her complete false hope which i think was rather mean of him.

Yeah thats a good point about the quote, but then it confuses me because in unsafe heaven part2, when Luc was talking to the young boy, i cant remember the direct quote but he said something about fear and pushing people away and becareful not to push to much, then he went running after Eddi...confusing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows! I just love discussing it because there are so many explanations.

We all are most likely thinking about it too much and in the words of Hanssen, the simplist explanation is usually correct.

Oh yeah, Lucs made more problems then she has, Im just saying it takes two to tango.

I mean all those episodes and she told him they needed a date when in fact he did ask her out for a drink a few weeks earlier, granted he could have been nicer and apologise to her, but hes a man, and its luc, she should have been grateful with that. He did make am effort:p

Also he was the one who told her he thought it would be better if things remained at a professional level as it would be better for both of them and then she decided to go after him and kiss him.

Two to tango. . . .:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hatz wrote: »
    Who knows! I just love discussing it because there are so many explanations.

We all are most likely thinking about it too much and in the words of Hanssen, the simplist explanation is usually correct.
    Ahh yes know doubt we are all over thinking it, but thats part of the fun :)
    Also Mr Hemmingway has said that, as well as Hanssen, to inspector Mckee :D

I mean all those episodes and she told him they needed a date when in fact he did ask her out for a drink a few weeks earlier, granted he could have been nicer and apologise to her, but hes a man, and its luc, she should have been grateful with that. He did make am ueffort:p

Haha she actually told him that episode too 'its what normal people do' even though he insulted her at the same time, i remember posting in here something like - he finally asked her out and she said no grr!,:D
    Also he was the one who told her he thought it would be better if things remained at a professional level as it would be better for both of them and then she decided to go after him and kiss him.
    When he told her that it was following on from when she told him she was tired of him, so wasnt really just his decision :)
    Ah yes she did, but how glad were we when she did :p
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I wonder if we'll see the riots mentioned at all in Holby this week...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »

Yeah i wondered that! I doubt it though, they havent been great for that in the past and the riot storyline concluded. We might get the odd line between two or three staff members about it
  • Options
    Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »

I hope so, the episode was more publicised than usual, like with the fire episodes, and they mentioned that. Not getting my hopes up much though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOHAUvbuV4o I have seen this advert a million times...never even realised is got our Dan Hamilton in it!! :eek: My, he looks different.... ;) Make me hate Dan a little less...haha! :D
  • Options
    KartemKartem Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOHAUvbuV4o I have seen this advert a million times...never even realised is got our Dan Hamilton in it!! :eek: My, he looks different.... ;) Make me hate Dan a little less...haha! :D

Looks differant, sounds differant and he RAPPED! It was really funny.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member

Haha...Brilliant :) He's got a bit more stubble than Dull Dan, mind.

Although he does spend most of the video just standing there...very much like Dull Dan ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Eddi "If I let him go now he'll never come back" I love Holby & its lack of subtle hidden meanings.. ;)

Mo & Jac!! :D Fabulous, amazing, Hilarious!! :D Lovely couple... :p

Eddi's pass to keller? So Luc comes back she finally gets her transfer :rolleyes:

And I want my own Sacha to talk to.... * sigh* :rolleyes:

"Move out the way fatty.." Eddi!

Sacha grabbing the water!! :p I love that dog!

I like Serena...I just feel she isnt given great storylines...LOVE Hanssen as usual! :D

Night vision goggles...clock of invisibility! Brilliant!

She did not just delete his number!:eek: [Its fine because she'll still have messages and calls in her log from that number *phew* ;) haha!] Aww!! Eddi's over him! Little bit sad...also very happy! Going to make his return fabulous & I love her without him too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recognise the midwife, what's she been in?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 409
    Forum Member

I think she was one of Frank Gallagher's wives off of Shameless, the one that ran off with a lesbian?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    This was a goood episode. Lots of humour.

I particularly enjoyed Jac calling Mr Hanssen 'Henrick', and his eye roll at the other end of the phone.

8 out of 10.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    no way did she delete luc's number off her phone ah no:'(
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh poor Mo.
    :cry::(

Well done to Jac, she was brilliant.

I still really cannot take to that Eddy. In real life she would have been in trouble for her rudeness to other staff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm a little bit in love with Jac…

…how she full on barked at the girl with the wheelchair before taking Mo to the maternity unit! What a legend! :D
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I recognised her from Midsomer Murders many years ago (Dead Man's Eleven)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were they getting paid extra for everytime they mentioned the Olympics this evening?!
  • Options
    KartemKartem Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Kat1985 wrote: »
    Were they getting paid extra for everytime they mentioned the Olympics this evening?!

I know, it felt like everybody was saying 'Are you going to watch the Olympics?' Was it the question of the week or somthing?:D
  • Options
    Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a great episode, so much humour and great lines.

Mo and Jac make a great double act!

I still dislike Eddi she is just grating .... She annoys me in the same way Faye did.

Loving all the action on Keller ward too, it's great to see Serena and Chantelle getting on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who played soorcha (excuse poor spelling!) Was she in previous casualty/Holby episodes? It's on the tip of my tongue!!
  • Options
    superdoopersuperdooper Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed this episode. The scenes between Jac and Mo really made me laugh. In fact, there were many moments that made me smile in tonight's episode. I thought Chizzy portrayed Mo's "soft hearted cow" nature very well indeed. Jac was the perfect foil for the banter scenes and I loved the mirroring of facial expressions during the birth.

The "lump in the leg" man's story felt like it missed an ending or something - were we given an explanation as to why he seemed so forgetful? Nice to see Eddi's warmer side once again, and we all know that she know's Luc's mobile number off by heart anyway so it doesn't really matter that she deleted it :D And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if she's transferred herself to Keller in time for Luc's return.

I want Muffin O'Clock in my life. And Sacha. These two things would make me happy :D

Serena and Hanssen's little "invisibility cloak" exchange was great! Henrik had some good lines tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im also thinking the more closure Eddi has...the closer Lucs return is.

Lets face it, its going to be a kick in the teeth. :rolleyes:

Also just realising how many people dont like Eddi.

I really like her, I'd give anything to have that amount of confidence, fireyness and crazy spark in life!

I agree she was harsh in tonights epi, however being related to a very stubbron & strict NHS ward sister myself, I do know that is how to need to be. Perhaps with more reason though. Eddi was just taking her anger out on everyone, That was unprofessional & unnecessary. When the issue is work thats fine, but I think in recent epis she has let her personal life affect her work, & lets face it, who hanst done that?! Its human.. :p
This discussion has been closed.