This forum is too hidden—no one knows it’s here!

2»

Comments

• OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grand Dizzy...

There is no doubt... it is not a matter of opinion... it is a fact: these forums are a convoluted, arbitrary, disheveled, outdated, compounded, confounded MESS.
  • Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    OpEd wrote: »
    Grand Dizzy...

There is no doubt... it is not a matter of opinion... it is a fact: these forums are a convoluted, arbitrary, disheveled, outdated, compounded, confounded MESS.
    LOL. Some nice adjectives there! :)
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't find it either.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davedpg wrote: »
    Is everyone simply too stupid to use the drop down box at the bottom of the page?

What drop down box at the bottom of what page?

And anyway, what is its relevenace to this discussion?:confused:
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I sent a message to DS Support a few days ago requesting a forum move. I asked them to read this thread for details and to see that there is support for this.

I got a message back a couple of days ago thanking me for the suggestion and saying that they “have passed it on to forum management for consideration”.

Good luck. But the chances are they will ignore us like they do evety year.:(
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've finally found it! LOL
  • kitbitkitbit Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Is everyone simply too stupid to use the drop down box at the bottom of the page?

:eek: OMG When did they put that there??????????

....crawls off and hides...

:o
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this thread easier to find than American Idol the show... given up trying to catch when it's on on 5* and now need to catch up on Demand 5 :(
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idol is the biggest TV talent show in the world, yet there have been only 2 new threads here since the series launched. I’m not sure anyone is aware this forum exists. There’s an American Idol thread in the main US forum, so clearly those people aren’t aware of this forum.

I only found this forum with a search. Would anyone look for the American Idol forum under “Reality TV”? It’s a talent show. There’s no “reality” about people performing in front of judges (unless you could except Hollywood Week which is more reality-based).

I think this forum needs moving somewhere more logical. I’d have a TV sub-forum called “Talent Shows” containing Idol, X Factor, Strictly, etc.

Agree with you there, as I had thought I had AI earmarked but it wasn't there, so had to do a search via the forums, and only found it via the Thread title, otherwise would still be searching! boo

Good idea re having a sub-forum entitled Talent Shows, as you'd know where to look straight away, so how about it DS?

:D:D
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    I find this thread easier to find than American Idol the show... given up trying to catch when it's on on 5* and now need to catch up on Demand 5 :(

Hi Nate, I been looking for it too, and only tonight hub told me where it was...oh the shame of not knowing, as I thought it was on C5, but couldn't find it there, and thought it was axed or something.:eek: But don't think I feel like catching up:eek:

Bon Jovi were good must say, :)
  • telly fantelly fan Posts: 2,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well yes I am thanks but I still have no clue what you are talking about :confused::confused:
    perhaps it is ignorance rather than stupidity ;)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    telly fan wrote: »
    I still have no clue what you are talking about

At the bottom right of the screen there's a 'Forum Jump' drop-down menu. It will say 'American Idol' as you're reading this thread. You might have to scroll down to notice it. Clicking on it shows the names of all the forums and sub-forums on here and you can select one to go straight to it. This feature is not something I ever use myself though.
  • ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never knew that was there! That's a useful tip, thanks.
  • telly fantelly fan Posts: 2,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    At the bottom right of the screen there's a 'Forum Jump' drop-down menu. It will say 'American Idol' as you're reading this thread. You might have to scroll down to notice it. Clicking on it shows the names of all the forums and sub-forums on here and you can select one to go straight to it. This feature is not something I ever use myself though.

Thank you :):o:D
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancing On Ice has finished now so they could move that and have American Idol it 's place :confused:
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole forum, top to bottom, needs an overhaul. It's just a random mess of topics and subtopics thrown together it appears back in the 90s... and even then it would have been a pretty arbitrary mess.