Options

The 5 lads singing Les Mis?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Certainly was a pleasant surprise to see that performance after I'd resigned myself to thinking they were just another boy band singing Westlife songs.
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly was a pleasant surprise to see that performance after I'd resigned myself to thinking they were just another boy band singing Westlife songs.

Goes to show you can not judge anyone from what they wear:) off topic :)
    I been on trains and it is the guy with Tattoos that given up his seat and not the guy that is suited
    Back on topic I am sure that the lads will get stylist for when we see them next
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But's that's exactly how it was edited (and probably scripted ) to make you think that. They even mentioned they were a boyband in their VT . Sadly I am so jaded now I can see through it all in a second. I still enjoyed their performance though.
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl 2 wrote: »
    At least they could all sing, im sure ive seen a couple of them on other tv progs poss joseph or jesus christ superstar, but im sure they will go far as a group and make Simon lots of pennies .

id love to find other stuff they have sung either together or solo.

These boys are going to get in the finals and whether they win or not, Simon will sign them Good looking young men with big C/C voices. Simon needs someone to replace IL Divo who are getting old and he missed out on Il Volo. Leaving a niche Collabro can fill. A relief from the skinny, ratty looking, mimimally talented 1-D.
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I don't believe that they have only been together for a month, either. Seems that the producers have encouraged them to say that, in my opinion.

One of the young men, who comes from Carlisle, Cumbria, was on Border tv yesterday...and the story of them only being together for 1 month is correct.
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    Matt Pagan's interview:

http://vimeo.com/91952571

From looking at their twitter accounts, I think they "came together" around the 11/12 Jan 2014 and did the televised audition with the judges at the Hammersmith Apollo London, around the 13 Feb:

https://twitter.com/Amanda_Holden/status/434087363346976768

Simon had to fly out the next day for the birth of his child on the 14 Feb:

https://twitter.com/Amanda_Holden/status/434329987249090560

@CollabroWorld became active 15 Feb 2013:

https://twitter.com/liammoorhouse/status/434807253648936960

https://twitter.com/keziah_tweets/status/434711148534194176

The part about them only being together for a month (at the time) might be true.

According to Wiki, the open (with producers' auditions) were held from 19 Oct to 1 Dec 2013:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britain%27s_Got_Talent_%28series_8%29#Auditions

This, if it's true, means that the open auditions were over by the time the quintet formed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if any of them are gay? Would be good if they all are

What a strange comment, and why would it be good if they were?:o
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    ecckles wrote: »
    What a strange comment, and why would it be good if they were?:o

Indeed! As 99.99999999999% of people will not be having sex with any of them, what does it matter if they prefer camels* or anything else?

*Provided, of course, that the camel is of legal age or above and not closely related to them.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to have a Colibri cigarette lighter.
    If any of the contestants turn out to be straight, that's for whom I shall vote.
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any of them like hot cross buns they will get my vote that is a cert.

I hope they divulge they bun preferences in their next audition and I will see if they deserve that precious votey of mine.
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love musical theatre and if it's 5 good looking lads singing it, all the better. I would definitely buy their album. The comment about hot cross buns made me laugh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if any of them are gay? Would be good if they all are

You must as weird like Ed Milliband :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    These 5 guys, ages 20 to 24, are all musical theater students/performers. All are well trained. At least 2 have been students at the London School of Music. At least 2 have travelled (Spain, Italy) with performance companies and have serious experience. When they say they just got together a month ago I believe it. They are all trained and prepared for this. To arrange, learn, and perform one song that they all already knew in a month? Easy for them. They are all looking for a big break, and they are hoping this will be it. I will be cheering them on!
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These 5 guys, ages 20 to 24, are all musical theater students/performers. All are well trained. At least 2 have been students at the London School of Music. At least 2 have travelled (Spain, Italy) with performance companies and have serious experience. When they say they just got together a month ago I believe it. They are all trained and prepared for this. To arrange, learn, and perform one song that they all already knew in a month? Easy for them. They are all looking for a big break, and they are hoping this will be it. I will be cheering them on!

How did they get together though? Doesn't exactly sound like a bunch of friends putting together a group.....is there some managerial team behind them and did they even audition to be part of this group?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is said that they found each other through social media. I suspect some knew each other and they found the rest on line. I don't know if someone put them together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just went back and listened to One Direction back in the auditions. Never actually bothered to listen to them before. Those boys were younger (16-18) and a few could sing pop reasonably well and one or two got pulled in on personality and look for the ride, IMO. These young men in Collabro have serious vocal chops for their age. This could be great if well managed. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you are a musical/acting/theatre school student then that is your world and many bump into each other at auditions as the same group do all the auditions and events that happen that week as announce in The Stage newspaper. Plus people like that have already practised and can do, so it's just a case of getting together one morning and finding a song they all like. the afternoon can then be spent deciding who does what where when and in what way. By the end of one day they have something. So a whole month in that business is a long time. For auditions you are expected to turn up and perform: It's there and then, no excuses.

It's not like 5 lads getting together in their bedroom with one knowing 3 chords to one song and someone else just started learning the Bass. Of course that will take then years to develop and is not the same world as musical/theatrical students.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty convenient for Simon for these lads to show up now when he has the pop market sewn up with one direction and IL Diva coming to the end of their careers:D

If I was a cynical sort I would say Simon suggested thro various circles that 5 lads like these together would be great :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I understand they were on morning tv in Britain today. We can't get that feed in the US. Did we learn anything new? The radio interview of Matt a day or two ago said he and Jaime searched for others through social media and mutual friends to put the group together.

Someone posted a few brief clips of them rehearsing on youtube this morning singing 6 different songs. See what you think.

Matthew needs to stop the scooping. Nice voice and presence though.

Jamie - great voice. Stand tall - posture posture posture. Your 6 4 stature is great - don't slouch.
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand they were on morning tv in Britain today. We can't get that feed in the US. Did we learn anything new? The radio interview of Matt a day or two ago said he and Jaime searched for others through social media and mutual friends to put the group together.

Someone posted a few brief clips of them rehearsing on youtube this morning singing 6 different songs. See what you think.

Matthew needs to stop the scooping. Nice voice and presence though.

Jamie - great voice. Stand tall - posture posture posture. Your 6 4 stature is great - don't slouch.

I can not find the You Tube Link that you mentioned
  • Options
    Forum Member
    search collabro pontins.

Is that a venue?

clairelouise2005 posted them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    search collabro pontins.

Is that a venue?

clairelouise2005 posted them

Well it's dated 2014 so what is the problem? Maybe some warm up gigs before and after entering BGT.

"Collabro 34/04/2014 Pontins "

Check that date! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i suspect poster meant to date it April 24th and mistyped. They must have rehearsed and performed last night in some venue. Good! They need to get their next song ready. Suggestions?
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand they were on morning tv in Britain today. We can't get that feed in the US. Did we learn anything new?

We learned their names, that was about it. Ruth made them wear name badges because she thought that 'all the girls' would want to know who was who, but apart from that it was the usual standard fluffy This Morning two minute interview. One of the acts they trailed for tomorrow's show looked good though. Oh and Stephen Mulhern looked like he'd been tangoed-even more so than usual.