The GD Refugee Thread : for all the reprobates

Comments

• FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Long shot - If anyone knows anything about twitter/re-setting social network accounts, I'd be grateful if you could perhaps check my thread in the advice forum. I seem unable to reset my twitter password, its baffling me and I'd like to try and get it sorted out. My laptop is clogged up, it crashed badly earlier on and really I'd like to try and sort it out but probably ought to dump my temporary internet files and cookies and I can't really while I seem to be unable to log in to twitter.

There should be a forgotten password link which resets your password via the registered email acc. If for whatever reason that's not working then you will need to contact twitter support for help.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    There should be a forgotten password link which resets your password via the registered email acc. If for whatever reason that's not working then you will need to contact twitter support for help.

Yeah its not working. When I go to the 'Forgot password' page - it claims they can't identify me by either my username or my email address (it says 'Oh, snap! We couldn't find you using the information you entered. Please try again.'). I have no idea why. I'm still logged in on my laptop, tablet and phone I think, via cookies but logged out on my iPod. If I try and change some settings, it asks for my password and I get stuck there too.

I sent a tweet to @twitter about it - I'm not sure if there's another account to tweet about it or what :confused: ugh. Thank you for the reply :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah its not working. When I go to the 'Forgot password' page - it claims they can't identify me by either my username or my email address (it says 'Oh, snap! We couldn't find you using the information you entered. Please try again.'). I have no idea why. I'm still logged in on my laptop, tablet and phone I think, via cookies but logged out on my iPod. If I try and change some settings, it asks for my password and I get stuck there too.

I sent a tweet to @twitter about it - I'm not sure if there's another account to tweet about it or what :confused: ugh. Thank you for the reply :)

There is a support link on the footer of the page, I got locked out once and they fixed it within like an hour so I would just do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a support link on the footer of the page, I got locked out once and they fixed it within like an hour so I would just do that.

Ok I think I've found a relevant form. Thank you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I managed to reset my password - thank heck. Thanks Fizix :)
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to reset my password - thank heck. Thanks Fizix :)

That's great. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NP Izzy.

I've just been watching Geordie Shore... Never watched a whole episode before, won't be watching one again.

30 mins of "I'm ****ing wasted man, we are all ****ing wasted" and "ahh he ****ed me up the ass like, it was a bit grim, then he ****ed her over there and I was all liek ****ing get off ya slag" then they all just shagged someone and beat someone up before being sick and stuff.

I... Don't know what to think... These people actually exist?

For anyone who hasn't seen it, its a load of ******* getting drunk and giving mini interviews that make them look like even bigger *******.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's great. :)
    NP Izzy.

I've just been watching Geordie Shore... Never watched a whole episode before, won't be watching one again.

30 mins of "I'm ****ing wasted man, we are all ****ing wasted" and "ahh he ****ed me up the ass like, it was a bit grim, then he ****ed her over there and I was all liek ****ing get off ya slag" then they all just shagged someone and beat someone up before being sick and stuff.

I... Don't know what to think... These people actually exist?

For anyone who hasn't seen it, its a load of ******* getting drunk and giving mini interviews that make them look like even bigger *******.

Thanks :) that were doin' my 'ead in! lol. Yeah I don't watch those shows. There are certainly people like that about, I hear fruity talk from students. It makes me cringe how many expletives are used in the space of a few sentences. Someone at work, who is new there, commented that she was shocked by how frank some of them are, talking about their and other peoples business, so loudly other people could clearly hear right across a large room, saying she wouldn't want her personal life talked about like that. I was sat there thinking 'get used to it, it happens all the time - they don't care'.
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ***tumbleweed***
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Rednell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ****! Arse! Drink! Girls!

That would be an ecumenical matter.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rednell wrote: »
    ***tumbleweed***

Hi stranger! :D

For any shark fans on here I have updated my white shark thread.

I may start one on all sharks very soon, I just love them. :)

Keep getting strange messages on hotmail for my password - saying they need information what the hell it means I have no idea but it states I only have four days left.

As I am a luddite this totally pisses me off. >:(

Goodnight. :)
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Hi stranger! :D

For any shark fans on here I have updated my white shark thread.

I may start one on all sharks very soon, I just love them. :)

Talking about fish. Guess who went fishing last night.

15+ rudd. Small fish. No carp.

I took some photos on my cheapo mobile, as I'd forgotten the camera. They look really shyte. The average size of a picture is less than 100k (even in 'super fine' mode), whereas on the bridge camera we are talking about 5000k.

No fishing tonight, as my mate has a date with a Chinese student :o , but at least she doesn't appear to be a baggage handler like most of the women he hangs out with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ****! Arse! Drink! Girls!

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Father Jack, is that you?! :o
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fed up. Car's off the road, and me tumble dryer's blown up. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's 2014. The year of things going wrong. That's what I'm finding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nightmare :( hope you get it sorted.
    It's 2014. The year of things going wrong. That's what I'm finding.

There are definitely trying years - last year was certainly one for me. This year hasn't been great for me either but c'est la vie - onwards and upwards, eh? or so you hope anyway.

On another subject, I visited an art exhibition this morning. This was my favourite painting

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Mary_Cassatt_-_Summertime_-_TFAA_1988.25.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hunting through the extrememusic.com library for tracks for a game we are working on for a client, who has a very specific brief (see Ren and Stimpy, that sorta thing). It sounds cool but its giving me a headache now.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Stimpy, I'll killlllllllllllllllllllllll you...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stimpy, I'll killlllllllllllllllllllllll you...

Haha, used to love Ren and Stimpy!

finding high quality, jovial jazzy/retro tracks like old school nick cartoons isn't easy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have found this in my persuit of tracks though: https://www.extrememusic.com/albums/1906

It contains tracks from the Sims games. (it's actually quite possible that maxis licensed or published versions on there as Extreme Music is where a lot of music content in entertainment productions comes from).

I know thats not particularly interesting but I still thought I'd share, better than comments about grabbing a coffee I suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have found this in my persuit of tracks though: https://www.extrememusic.com/albums/1906

It contains tracks from the Sims games. (it's actually quite possible that maxis licensed or published versions on there as Extreme Music is where a lot of music content in entertainment productions comes from).

I know thats not particularly interesting but I still thought I'd share, better than comments about grabbing a coffee I suppose.

lmao. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nightmare :( hope you get it sorted.

There are definitely trying years - last year was certainly one for me. This year hasn't been great for me either but c'est la vie - onwards and upwards, eh? or so you hope anyway.

On another subject, I visited an art exhibition this morning. This was my favourite painting

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Mary_Cassatt_-_Summertime_-_TFAA_1988.25.jpg

Was that in Edinburgh?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was never especially keen on Nickelodeon - my mum used to be dead suspicious of them, thought it was 'too weird', which is maybe why it was cool with kids, if it seemed a bit 'weird' to their parents haha I only remember watching Hey Arnold! regularly, the kid with the face shaped like a rugby ball :p mind you, we didn't get cable until I was either 18 or 21, I can't remember which.

There used to be a really over the top cartoon shown on Live & Kicking, which was sort of like a Nickelodeon cartoon - it was a seriously accident prone cat, called Eek the Cat or something? it was a bit violent? it was weird lol but my memory is pretty dodgy of it now. I just rememebr thinking it was a bit 'out there'. Mind you, if you want really 'out there' and violent cartoons, try Comedy Central lol
    Was that in Edinburgh?

Yup.

---

I seem to have made a nice discovery - while trying to prevent unresponsive scripts from slowing down my laptop on Firefox, I found a recommendation to use this applet/add-on that allows you to specify sites using Java that seem to cause the script prompts to appear, so I tried it, adding DS forums to the list. I've noticed I can't use the smiley icons via the 'advanced post' pages as they probably use Javascript, which is fine, I'll just type the code - but I've noticed every page on the site loads sooo much quicker now, I can't believe how much quicker the pages load! :eek: its such a difference! I guess Javascript really slows things down.