Easiest way to connect Anytime+ to wireless router upstairs?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    anniebrion wrote: »

Is this and the plugs recomended fast enough for HD iPlayer streaming? or would a Edimax EW-7416APN 300Mbps 2T2R MIMO Wireless 802.11n Access Point Range Extender be better? just a few £ more.

Would same apply to the plug type ie use a 500 Mbps rather than a 300 Mbps one?
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skyuser6 wrote: »
    Is this and the plugs recomended fast enough for HD iPlayer streaming? or would a Edimax EW-7416APN 300Mbps 2T2R MIMO Wireless 802.11n Access Point Range Extender be better? just a few £ more.

Would same apply to the plug type ie use a 500 Mbps rather than a 300 Mbps one?

The EW-7416APN has only one port, I use a EW-7416APN to provide WiFi from my BT HH3 as it is much better :)

I get about 45Mbps with the EW-7228APN on BT Infinity2 :) Plenty enough to stream iPlayer HD :)
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,270
    Forum Member
    skyuser6 wrote: »
    Would they work on different RCD protecter circuits (on same main board), no mains rings?

Will they work on old fashioned ring circuits with different fuses (no RCD protection switches)?

Some of the Amazon reviews said not. Confusing.

The only way to know is to try it, but as long as they are in the same house, and on the same mains phase, they seem to work fine.

Presumably if it's an excessively large house you might have problems though?.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Is the Anytime+ service the same service that once can connect to via Xbox or is it something more? Don't want to lash out for wireless if the service is already available through the games machine!
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Is the Anytime+ service the same service that once can connect to via Xbox or is it something more? Don't want to lash out for wireless if the service is already available through the games machine!

think your thinking about Sky Go.
    Anytime+ is on demand catchup TV accessible via the sky box.
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only cost about £20 to make a Sky+HD WiFi capable :)
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    anniebrion wrote: »
    Only cost about £20 to make a Sky+HD WiFi capable :)

Thanks for reply but the question I am really asking is about the actual service itself - quite happy to pay out for a wifi capable device IF the service is better or more complete than the one already available through the X Box - any idea anyone?:)
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for reply but the question I am really asking is about the actual service itself - quite happy to pay out for a wifi capable device IF the service is better or more complete than the one already available through the X Box - any idea anyone?:)

i believe i already answered that?
  • trigpointtrigpoint Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WA701ND-150Mbps-Wireless-Access/dp/B002YETVVE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335629892&sr=8-1

Well 2 actually, the other is used for my server :)

Have been using it, with a tp-link switch, to link sky, freeview and bluray boxes to the net.

It needs to be configured using a PC. Have been using it for anytime plus since we moved and were able to get sky broadband and has been totally reliable.