Options

MKS - Flatline peak position?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is will be if what they saw outways the music, which at the moment seems great. They need to drop this whole "we're the original Sugababes MKS" and just rebrand as MKS totally.

They've been down this route before. Jade should never have said about the 'all sugababes concert' and Mutya dismissing it in the way she has, well she needs to remember that not long ago it was her and Siobhan that Keisha was slating and dismissing their contribution to the band.

If Keisha owns the right to the Sugababes name, she should have grabbed it before Sweet 7 was released and got some revenge for being sacked. Somehow I don't think
    any of the girls own the name
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,998
    Forum Member
    The problem is will be if what they saw outways the music, which at the moment seems great. They need to drop this whole "we're the original Sugababes MKS" and just rebrand as MKS totally.

They've been down this route before. Jade should never have said about the 'all sugababes concert' and Mutya dismissing it in the way she has, well she needs to remember that not long ago it was her and Siobhan that Keisha was slating and dismissing their contribution to the band.

If Keisha owns the right to the Sugababes name, she should have grabbed it before Sweet 7 was released and got some revenge for being sacked. Somehow I don't think
    any of the girls own the name

I think MKS know they are talking crap when they say they could have the name but don't want it because none of the girls own the name Sugababes. Heidi confirmed when Mutya won the profit less rights to stationery that Universal owned it when they signed to Island and now I think it's owned by Crown Management who are Sugababes label/management.. If they could have had the name, why did Mutya only get awarded the rights to wrapping paper and pencils? Seems another case of Keisha (and the others in a way) saying things that she knows aren't true or that she thinks will gain support for whatever project she is involved in

Oh and I agree with the rest of your post also, especially the original Sugababes talk, just market and brand yourselves as MKS or go after the name that people know they want and become Sugababes again
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer MKS anyway....cause if they split they can't go on as MKS.

Hope the single and album chart at number 1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Can't see this doing well for some reason :( maybe top 25 really want it to do well !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer MKS anyway....cause if they split they can't go on as MKS.

Hope the single and album chart at number 1

If Heidi changes her name by deedpoll and it all starts again......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Heidi changes her name by deedpoll and it all starts again......

Lol with any other set of girls, I would say the cycle won't start again.. But this is the Sugababes, it could happen haha
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the single release date has been put back over two weeks to September 16th now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Well the single release date has been put back over two weeks to September 16th now

Just in case the fans haven't waited long enough.. If anything they should move it forward not backwards
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    ORIGINAL Sugababes line-up MKS will be in The Sun studios on August 27 at 2.30pm to answer your questions LIVE as they launch their brand new single Flatline
  • Options
    _Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Number 21 then down to 45 the second week.

The Sugababes thing has been so heavily damaged now by the line up changes that anyone in association with it isn't going to do well.

My opinion.
  • Options
    wilpeepwilpeep Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Top 20 or top 30. It's a shame because it could've been top 10 if they hadn't waited sooo long to release it. It's been available all summer and it's being released in mid-September! Everybody who wants it has already illegally downloaded it!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I hope it gets top 20. I hated the song when it came out first but it's really grown on me now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why have they changed it to a Friday release?!?!?! What are Polydor playing at?!

It just means the song will debut even lower than it was going to and probably not rise the following week.. It's bad enough we've had to wait three months for release but now they release it on a really stupid day!! Rivalling The Saturdays for piss poor decisions and surprise, they are signed to Polydor too

How they managed to get Girls Aloud so so right but then naff up both The Sats and MKS is beyond me
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A shame that they seem to have such an incompetent team behind them but it would be a mini-victory it this charts in the top 30 given the radio snub
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    _Magnum_ wrote: »
    The Sugababes thing has been so heavily damaged now by the line up changes that anyone in association with it isn't going to do well.

My opinion.

I think you're right. This incarnation of the Sugababes were never hugely popular in the first place, but they will always be associated with the brand. The ousting of Keisha and bringing in Jade was the final straw for many and they became a big laughing-stock. I don't see a problem with replacing Keisha personally, and it isn't fair that MKS are being tarred by the Sugababes brand, but I don't think even if they had been a brand new group that they would have done well.

"Flatline" is a grower, but the without vital radio support, I think it'll go Top 20 and drop like a stone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Judt pre ordered now because every pre order will go towards the position. I would advise you all do the same now. They were soo amazing at manchester pride - can't wait for them on Chatty Man on the 6th!!!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/flatline-single/id669702933
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top 20