Where is DALE WINTON?

Comments

• Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    I feel like all-caps names should be reserved for BRIAN BLESSED.

He does boom out, doesn't he :D
  • hackjohackjo Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    It was a regular funeral Mass. I didn't see anything particularly tacky about it.

Apparently the church floor was inadequately cleaned.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he isn't well. Has he been seen publicly since that time on TV a few months ago where he didn't seem quite right?
  • inverness1967inverness1967 Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In it to Win It is being recorded in Glasgow today so perhaps they've been recording all week and he couldn't get out of this commitment.

Wish someone could verify if this recording went ahead today. I got my info from a tv show ticket website.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Maybe he isn't well. Has he been seen publicly since that time on TV a few months ago where he didn't seem quite right?
    A few website stories appeared when In It to Win It returned to BBC One in April, with people saying Dale looked unwell compared with the previous run in September. However, the September 2014 and April/May 2015 editions were all part of the same series, and had been recorded in the same week in 2014. :D
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donovan5 wrote: »
    Probably a bit hard to believe,but maybe he had a bit too much dignity to take part in this awful media **** fest.

Da Trooof, da whole troof & nufink but da whole troof. :kitty::D

Of course, Dale hasn't got a shred of dignity, but there ya go.
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 5,958
    Forum Member
    It is strange that he wasn't there. I hope he's ok.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corset malfunction?
  • tellymadmantellymadman Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Dale tweeted saying he was filming in it to win it.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were quite a lot of people who I thought were her friends were missing. Winton, as you have already said. Collins, Bassey, Windsor - the latter did that toe curlingly embarrassing number with CB and O'Grady at a Royal Variety, and I thought they went back a long way. There weren't that many celebs there at all, mostly unknowns. Testimony to her being one of the people and down to earth, ahem!

Methinks people are over egging it a little.

She did herself the inconvenience of dying in August ffs a month when many people are away.
    And as far as recording a TV show, I can well believe that someone's work schedule meant they couldn't attend the funeral. TV presenters are not towering Gods, there are still shows to be made, people that have been booked in to attend and deadlines to meet.
    Would your company make major schedule changes just because a friend of yours had died?? TV production co's are no different to most other types of companie they do not inhabit a parallel universe just cos they work in showbiz!

And my final comment is that it is sad that how well a funeral is perceived is being based on how many celebs were there. This seems quite shallow. It seems to name that it was an affectionate & touching send off by some of her friends.

For the record-I'm neither a Cilla or Dale fan. In fact I find both quite irritating-it's just the comments seemed a bit OTT
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ran out of fake tan?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Methinks people are over egging it a little.

She did herself the inconvenience of dying in August ffs a month when many people are away.
    And as far as recording a TV show, I can well believe that someone's work schedule meant they couldn't attend the funeral. TV presenters are not towering Gods, there are still shows to be made, people that have been booked in to attend and deadlines to meet.
    Would your company make major schedule changes just because a friend of yours had died?? TV production co's are no different to most other types of companie they do not inhabit a parallel universe just cos they work in showbiz!

And my final comment is that it is sad that how well a funeral is perceived is being based on how many celebs were there. This seems quite shallow. It seems to name that it was an affectionate & touching send off by some of her friends.

For the record-I'm neither a Cilla or Dale fan. In fact I find both quite irritating-it's just the comments seemed a bit OTT

I absolutely agree with you. The world doesn't stop spinning on its axis when someone dies; people have commitments, ongoing issues etc that might mean they can't attend a funeral. This continual obsession with people who didn't go is frankly incredibly weird and unnecessary.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few website stories appeared when In It to Win It returned to BBC One in April, with people saying Dale looked unwell compared with the previous run in September. However, the September 2014 and April/May 2015 editions were all part of the same series, and had been recorded in the same week in 2014. :D

That's one in the eye for the prophet's of doom on here.:p
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bumbar wrote: »

I know people are bound to be curious but it's a shame he's had to justify it. Sill, at least he's taken the opportunity to explain.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said on here about a year ago that I don't think he's well ..... But I don't think anybody agreed with me. :D. He lost a lot of weight, he looked drawn and he was gasping for breath when I saw him on TV. I believe he is a heavy smoker.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh right, I've never watched it so wouldn't know, I just remember the newspaper articles and stuff on Twitter about it at the time.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »

He looks fine.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's not. Mohawk - it's just a bit shorter at the sides :D
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks fine.

I'm not into shaming or criticizing people because they age, but he really doesn't look well to me. :o
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    F
    aggs wrote: »
    That's not. Mohawk - it's just a bit shorter at the sides :D
    Dead grey squirrel?
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 5,958
    Forum Member
    I absolutely agree with you. The world doesn't stop spinning on its axis when someone dies; people have commitments, ongoing issues etc that might mean they can't attend a funeral. This continual obsession with people who didn't go is frankly incredibly weird and unnecessary.

Its not just anyone, they were supposed to be very close friends. Funerals are for friends and family to say goodbye, thats not obsessive.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We'd all look a bit rough out shopping if a pap took about 50 photos of us and picked the most "juicy" shots for a "What's wrong with X" news article.

In the above link there is a good example of this. First photo, looks a bit rough. Second photo, full blown drink problem. Third photo, ah he's fine.

The guy is 60 too. People forget that. They expect him to be the Supermarket Sweep guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    Its not just anyone, they were supposed to be very close friends. Funerals are for friends and family to say goodbye, thats not obsessive.

I'm sorry - but it is nobody's business why he didn't attend. It is pretty weird and obsessive for people to KEEP harping on about the fact that he wasn't there IMVHO.