Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    Do australia have got talent show if yes when is it
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, I was hoping Simon would stop doing X factor after Little Mix. Especially after Melanie Amaro's flop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I fell they should go back to australa and new zealand next year maybe go for about 3 weeks as i feel thy have done better than expected over there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how we assume they will get a USA record deal. It'd be a lost opportunity if Syco doesn't push it. IMHO

Whatever happens is ment to be though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was just watching red planet on youtube and someone has put up who sings which parts and they put perrie to sing the first solo part but to me it does not sound like her
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    davem1234 wrote: »
    Was just watching red planet on youtube and someone has put up who sings which parts and they put perrie to sing the first solo part but to me it does not sound like her

I'm pretty sure it's Jesy, they probably just made an error.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like how we assume they will get a USA record deal. It'd be a lost opportunity if Syco doesn't push it. IMHO

Haha we have faith and we know our girls are talented enough to get the deal. I really hope they sign with Epic, they have done amazing things with Cher.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They will get a USA deal.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really want always be together to be a single
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This morning on my work placement I was just typing up a database then unexpectedly on the radio Wings came on! I was like :D:D

Is it sad that was probably the highlight of my day lol?
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ River wrote: »
    Otherwise, I think that Little Mix is a very exciting band for many reasons :

I have listened to a lot of 90's RnB and pop during my teen years so it's really good that this kind of sound is coming back.

Then, they release, at last, a pop album without any electronics. Thank God for that ! I am really fed up with electro/pop.

What's interesting in Little Mix is the concept of the band : different voices and different styles all into one band. I read all your comments and it was really interesting. One of you mentioned that Perrie was too different from the others to be in the band. Although I don't agree, I do see that she's different with her type of voice and maybe her music style. I have a hard time believing she was listening to RnB when she was younger (maybe she was). For example she sang Alanis Morissette during her first audition (not really the sound of her band). She comes into her own self with ballads like cannonball and turn your face but the band tries to avoid that because then Perrie would stand out too much. So she has a more background role which is fair enough but it can become ridiculous like in Change your life where she does almost nothing.

Finally, I think that their 90's sound is perfect for the USA. May I remind you that their references are americans : TLC, Destiny's Child, En Vogue, etc... They will ring a bell when they come to America for sure.

I agree with everything in this post. I have noticed that about the ballads, and tbh I think they threw everything to Perrie in the final (notice it was mostly slow ballads) to win and she was flawless in that. Contrast that with their first 2 live performances where she isnt featured heavily.

However I do think it would benefit LM to incorporate some rock into their sound. It works well with Make You Believe and I still think how they covered If I Were a Boy is stellar. That would be a better use of Perrie's vocals.
    To be fair, I was hoping Simon would stop doing X factor after Little Mix. Especially after Melanie Amaro's flop.

This may sound heretical to all of you since you are X Factor fans, but I think it would be better for LM to start disassociating themselves from the talent show and maybe even Simon Cowell for the US. I think he is trending toward box office poison in the US and XF US doesnt really have street cred. Its all about American Idol, and Idol has spawned some huge stars like Clarkson and Underwood who moved beyond the show. XF doesnt have that yet and probably wont be around long enough to do so. The LM RnB sound does a better job of positive association as PJ River noted.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I would rather that be a single than Change Your Life.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add on to this thought:

However I do think it would benefit LM to incorporate some rock into their sound. It works well with Make You Believe and I still think how they covered If I Were a Boy is stellar. That would be a better use of Perrie's vocals.

Those 2 songs by fun. making the rounds I can actually imagine LM doing. Obviously they already covered the first one, and slowed it down to a ballad, but I think there's a reason they connected with it to choose as a cover. There's elements of that sound that I think would suit Little Mix.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member

oh god plz no, change ur life is cheesy enough :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member

Those 2 songs by fun. making the rounds I can actually imagine LM doing. Obviously they already covered the first one, and slowed it down to a ballad, but I think there's a reason they connected with it to choose as a cover. There's elements of that sound that I think would suit Little Mix.

I don't think a rock sound would benefit/suit little mix at all, i think they should stick to their upbeat sound in wings, and if they release stereo soldier as their 4th single i think it would do really well. Since people fell in love with their original upbeat sound in wings and it did really well in the first place :) that would be their signature sound <3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Red Planet and Madhouse should be future singles. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't get the love for Stereo Soldier it sounds like a High School Musical song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People do love their cover of We Are Young and they also got high praises with the I will Wait cover even though its folky.

Little Mix did say that they try and get every one influences and put it into one sound kind of thing. A Little Mix of everything

Edit: They can do rock but put their own spin to it - Make you believe with the a capella harmonies. One of my favorite tracks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dazzled3 wrote: »
    But what if they got to the us, and it doesn't work out :confused: it would be an opportunity wasted really, they'd take a really huge risk :/

It's definitely a huge gamble if you go to the US, you either make it or you don't. They shouldn't avoid it just because of that huge risk. You have to take huge risks to be successful :)

A lot of people believed 1D wouldn't make it because boybands were so over in the US. But they did because of right timing and there weren't any other boybands so they filled that market. The same could be said for LM as there aren't any girlbands around at the moment and they could definitely fill that missing market.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well if The Saturdays can get signed to a US label then Little Mix definitely will :)
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album Midweeks from Buzzjack/Twitter:

1 Olly Murs (45k)
    2 One Direction (18.7k)
    3 Girls Aloud (18.6k)
    4 Rihanna (17.8k)

No news on who is #5 I am thinking its hopefully DNA. If it is #5 I wonder how close the sales to #4 are since 2-3-4 are all very close. Hopefully over 12K :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Album Midweeks from Buzzjack/Twitter:

1 Olly Murs (45k)
    2 One Direction (18.7k)
    3 Girls Aloud (18.6k)
    4 Rihanna (17.8k)

No news on who is #5 I am thinking its hopefully DNA. If it is #5 I wonder how close the sales to #4 are since 2-3-4 are all very close. Hopefully over 12K :)

Can I just say wow to one Direction :eek:

Edit I hope they're still in the top 10. I think they have good physicals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mcfly have an album out so they could be 5
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Elliot Morgan is working with the girls again tomorrow on their video

Elliott Morgan ‏@elliott_morgan

excited to be working on the new @LittleMixOffic video tomorrow
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Singles sales from buzzjack...

9 Bruno Mars 40,613 (116,493)
    10 Rihanna 38,630
    12 Little Mix 38,386 (110,430)
    13 Christina Perri 35,159

Look how close it was for top 10!
    Chem wrote: »
    Edit: They can do rock but put their own spin to it - Make you believe with the a capella harmonies. One of my favorite tracks

I agree with those points :)
This discussion has been closed.