Options

Guilty pleasures

13»

Comments

• Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Also, I rather liked The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords - I really don't have much of a problem with the resolution either!

I watched the final three episodes of season 3 recently - was really surprised how good they were and how much I enjoyed them second time around. I think I'd allowed myself to think there were dreadful but actually they great fun. I think (if I am honest) its a great shame we didn't get more of the Derek Jacobi Master.
  • Options
    YosheeYoshee Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I really like The Idiot's Lantern... not as anything more than a good episode, but I like it a lot all the same.

The Unicorn and the Wasp is one of my absolute favourites. In a series filled with 'end of the world' notions, this was a quaint little story that was acted brilliantly in my opinion. It managed to grasp and spoof the cheesiness and character of so many Christie mystery adaptations :p

Gridlock and 42 were highlights of Series 3 for me. Elements of the Dalek two-parter were strong... they're slated more than they should be.

I loved The Vampires of Venice to pieces, and The Curse of the Black Spot was great too :)

The Rings of Akhaten is a highlight of the seventh series for me.

Ooh yes I forgot about the Idiot's Lantern. I really liked that one too.

And The Rings of Akhaten was one of my favourite episodes from Series 7. I remember being rather shocked to see all the negative feedback it was getting after it aired.

Oh, and I really liked Vampires too. The only problem with that was that there is no way Rory's shirt would have fit on the large muscly body of that bloke I can't remember the name of. But that was for comedy anyway and it just made it funnier really. :p
  • Options
    solarpenguinsolarpenguin Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    I love lots of DW that fandom seems to hate:

Delta and the Bannermen
    The Rings of Akhetan
    The Sensorites
    The Curse of the Black Spot
    The Edge of Destruction
    Love and Monsters
    The Gunfighters
    Voyage of the Damned
    Mark of the Rani
    The Android Invasion
    Nightmare of Eden
    Black Orchid
    and even the caveman episodes of An Unearthly Child

They nearly all seem to be episodes that don't feel like typical DW at all. That's why I love them so much, and why so many fans hate them for the same reason!
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Unicorn and the Wasp is amazing. One of my all-time favourite Who stories, classic or Nu, ever.

But my guilty pleasure is The Time Monster. Yes, I know all its faults, but it's so utterly, utterly bonkers that I can't help but warm to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Lets kill hitler, I've seen a lot of people on here dislike that episode
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    I watched the final three episodes of season 3 recently - was really surprised how good they were and how much I enjoyed them second time around. I think I'd allowed myself to think there were dreadful but actually they great fun. I think (if I am honest) its a great shame we didn't get more of the Derek Jacobi Master.

Despite the numerous flaws...and there are many...the closing trilogy of S3...yes it is a trilogy...are my favourite finale episodes along with TPO and TBB. I can watch them again and again and never get bored.