Michelle Dewberry had skin cancer

hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
Forum Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2567605/When-I-heard-word-cancer-I-thought-I-die-Apprentice-winner-Michelle-Dewberry-skin-cancer-diagnosis-agony-surgery.html

Oh, poor Michelle, seems like quite an ordeal, glad she has recovered. I can't believe that two winners have had cancer now.

Comments

• george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2567605/When-I-heard-word-cancer-I-thought-I-die-Apprentice-winner-Michelle-Dewberry-skin-cancer-diagnosis-agony-surgery.html

Oh, poor Michelle, seems like quite an ordeal, glad she has recovered. I can't believe that two winners have had cancer now.

Sad, but glad that she has recovered. I think what I find the most sinister about this is that she actually had it checked out, and was told it was nothing to worry about. What would have happened to her if she hadn't by chance encountered that plastic surgeon? It says a lot about the state of our hospitals and doctors' surgeries, doesn't it?
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Sad, but glad that she has recovered. I think what I find the most sinister about this is that she actually had it checked out, and was told it was nothing to worry about. What would have happened to her if she hadn't by chance encountered that plastic surgeon? It says a lot about the state of our hospitals and doctors' surgeries, doesn't it?

TBH, I think we are lucky to have the NHS and we kind of take it for granted.

Did Tim Campbell recover from his cancer?
    Forum Member
    TBH, I think we are lucky to have the NHS and we kind of take it for granted.

Oh, I completely agree with you, but we're losing parts of it. I certainly don't take the NHS for granted - my mum works for it, I've been treated by it. I'm all for public services. I've even taken part in political campaigns to keep it running (not very successfully unfortunately! Hopefully in the future.) However, that doesn't change the fact that Michelle's cancer should have been picked up on from the start. It's not the NHS's fault, they should have better funding.
    Did Tim Campbell recover from his cancer?

Just googled it, and there doesn't seem to have been any news since he first revealed it. But at that time everything seemed to be going quite well, so hopefully we can assume that no news is good news.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I hope you're right about Tim! Is Adenike so far the only candidate to have passed away?
    Forum Member
    I hope you're right about Tim! Is Adenike so far the only candidate to have passed away?

As far as I know, yes - although I suppose someone else could have done without any of the reports being noticed. Adenike's death wasn't reported on Digital Spy until about a year later, because nearly all of the news reports were from her home country (Nigeria) and you just wouldn't know about it in the UK unless you happened to look for information about her.