Labour would have to make 80% of the Coalition Cuts?

124»

Comments

• MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    andykn wrote: »
    Haha. Which rather exposes a dislike of democracy and the risible suggestion that any other New Labour leader would be saying much different.

A friend of mine had two votes in the Labour leadership election - one through his union and one through being a direct member of the Labour party.

His constituency vote came in a plain envelope with a guide to all the candidates - it was totally impartial.

The ballot paper from his union came with a big glossy message and picture saying 'your union recommends you vote for Ed Miliband' i.e. it was totally loaded and unfair to the other candidates.

In my view the constituency election (which David M won) was a 100% fair and impartial ballot.

The union vote was not - as people were effectively instructed by their union to vote for Ed (in preference to the other 4 candidates) - and was therefore not a fair and impartial process.

As far as I am concerned David M won that election as he won the two sections that were conducted in a democratic and fair manner- Red Ed only won on the union section due to very dodgy union practices by UNITE in particular to get their members to vote for him..

Labour's manifesto promised to halve the deficit within 5 years - which basically means implementing 80% of the coalitions cuts (as the Guardian has confirmed). Not only was he elected in a dodgy fashion he has also done a 100% U turn on the manifesto he was elected on last May.