Rank the series

13»

Comments

• hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Really? I think 12 weeks is a perfect length, and I think it's nice to have such a wide variety of personalities, and different people shine in different weeks.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Really? I think 12 weeks is a perfect length, and I think it's nice to have such a wide variety of personalities, and different people shine in different weeks.

I genuinely prefer having fewer people. Twelve is a good number - or fourteen as a compromise, as there were in the first two series.

When you have sixteen, there are usually one or two who you don't even notice until about Week 5. I like to have a clear idea of everyone from earlier on.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I know I update my choices ALL the time, but seeing as I have watched every single series in the last 12 months now, I can make an educated decision :cool:

=1. Series 7 - I really like this Series. Loved Melody, so many good candidates, and interesting / funny episodes, and most of them were business-savvy!
    =1. Series 4 - Although there were loads of nasties, and bitchiness, and bullying, we also had some of our favourite candidates ever, like Lucinda and Raef - had some great moments, but a not so great final four.
    3. Series 3 - Lots of watchable candidates, but Simon winning ruined it a bit... Could have been higher if it weren't for that"
    4. Series 1 - I love how unformulaic thinks were back then, if you know what I mean... eg. They had lots more in the house, and the candidates were allowed to speak to one another outside the boardroom! Love Saira, and there were a great mix of personalities.
    5. Series 6 - Lots of good personalities. Stella was the best candidate there, so it was good that the best candidate won, something that in my opinion didn't happen from Series 1-4. I think there were some funny moments, and some good candidates you could root for!
    6. Series 2 - Very similar to Series 1 really, although it was a bit more pantomime - I can't actually believe in Episode 2, three people cried on separate occasions! :eek: That just doesn't happen. Ruth should really have won. I've always found it odd how they had five ethnic minorities among the seven male candidates. There were lots of classic moments though, but as has been pointed out, there were FAR too many sales based tasks.
    7. Series 9 - Another good series - I love them all TBF. :D There were good moments, but I feel people like Jason being allowed on damaged the credibility, as did having so many bitchy women, as did Fran getting to the final three! :eek:.
    8. Series 5 - I am surprised people rate this one so highly - I actually find it really boring! :D Pretty much all the candidates bar James and Lorraine were dull or unpleasant. There was no real climax to the series.
    9. Series 8 - It was the first series I saw, but since then I have seen every series at least once, and it seems SO boring now. It was all very wishy-washy. And it had the worst (in terms of watchability) final five ever.

I actually think that none of the first four series had the right winner - if it were up to me,we would have had seven female winners! (Saira, Ruth, Kristina, Claire, Yasmina, Stella and Leah).