samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 jelly bean update

13»

Comments

• boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SILLY SUE wrote: »
    Tried that but it looks as that was only on Ice Cream Sandwich - can't see it on this Jelly Bean update.

Thanks anyway. :)

Its on mine Sue,have you got the Galaxy Tab 2 and on 4.1.1 ?
    Heres mine
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/91134790@N08/8271259511/in/photostream/lightbox/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/91134790@N08/8272328638/in/photostream/lightbox/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/91134790@N08/8271261121/in/photostream/lightbox/
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SILLY SUE wrote: »

I tell you something that's fun - it's a bit like when you get software or a game that has 'Easter Eggs'. For those with Jelly Bean - go to 'Settings', 'About Device', and then tap on the bit where it says 'Android version' a few times - hey presto animated Jelly Beans appear on the screen once you've moved your fingers around the big red Jelly Bean . :D :cool: To make the Jelly Bean smile, just tap him. :D

Had a go at this this morning and my tablet was full of beans,:D

I wonder if there is any other Easter eggs laying around.:)
  • SILLY SUESILLY SUE Posts: 5,499
    Forum Member
    boyzie wrote: »

On version 4.1.1 using Galaxy Tab 2 7".

Your screenshots tally with how I accessed the screenshot option when I had Ice Cream Sandwich. However since updating to Jelly Bean, I now have under more settings the following:-

Display battery percentage
    Show battery percentage on indicator

I can still do screenshots but I miss that handy little icon.
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    Had a go at this this morning and my tablet was full of beans,:D

I wonder if there is any other Easter eggs laying around.:)

I thought I'd try it on my mobile phone which is also an android phone - it pops up with a wallpaper.

http://www.careace.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/jack-larson-zombie-gingerbread.png

:D

I'm new to Android but I imagine they have something different for each Android version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Just a heads up to say that the galaxy tab 2 10.1 has started recieving an update to 4.1.1 . Mine updated this morning. Haven't had time to test eveything out yet but things definitley feel smoother.

Hi i just got updated just now not to happy as i was used to the old way and everything was moved about. can you help answer m e this? you know the swipe screens? i had to many due the update (same update that deleted all my shortcuts btw) i cant seem to get rid the swipe screens how do i do it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    WHAT i like so far is that i can multitask and watch a movie and play angry birds at the same time, how is everyone finding this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi i just got updated just now not to happy as i was used to the old way and everything was moved about. can you help answer m e this? you know the swipe screens? i had to many due the update (same update that deleted all my shortcuts btw) i cant seem to get rid the swipe screens how do i do it?

Just spent an hour looking into this one but I think I have found it.:)

Go to a screen, a blank one best but not important, put two spread apart fingures on the screen and bring them together and this should show all your home screens on one screen. A dustbin appears next to each screen so I assume you can delete them but not tried
    it myself because I am happy with my layout.

BTW none of my screens changed before or after the 4.1 update.:confused:

Just double checked my words and I got it wrong a little but as when you have all your screens on one page a dustbin appears at the top of the screen where you can drag your unwanted screens.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anybody noticed that the Mute button is broken after the 4.1 update.

Not a bad deal as we have real buttons for volume but on the two Tab 2's I have here the mute on the notification tab does not work any more.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    I have a tab 2 what is main differences between jelly bean and ICS

Just done the update what are the main new fearures on it? Looks same to me

And yea my mute button in notifcations is not working either
  • sussex_seagirlsussex_seagirl Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see that many differences. I only got mine yesterday and updated it to Jelly Bean straight away-as the update was there and I thought it would be better to update before I put too much stuff on it. I think there was a screenshot icon on the main screen that isn't there now.

The mute thing is odd. My mute button works in so far as it will mute notifications, but it won't mute media. It isn't a major inconvenience for me personally as I know it won't suddenly make a random noise when I am in a quiet area and if I watch/listen to anything while I am out and about, then I always use headphones anyway. I will just have to make doubly sure that the screen is always turned off and/or locked when it is in my bag in case it accidentally opens a media based app.

Actually, now I think about it, my original Samsung Galaxy Tab did the same thing and that was running Gingerbread (2.3).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    I have a tab 2 what is main differences between jelly bean and ICS

Just done the update what are the main new fearures on it? Looks same to me

And yea my mute button in notifcations is not working either

File sharing via DLNA works in JB but would not work on my Tab before the update apart from that I think most of the update is behind the scenes stuff to make things smoother.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any Tab2 3G owners got the update yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any Tab2 3G owners got the update yet?

Have you tried with Kies on your pc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried with Kies on your pc?

yep, it says I have the latest build via Kies or over the air update....guess I need to be patient!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep, it says I have the latest build via Kies or over the air update....guess I need to be patient!

Dunno how techy you are but this is a great site for the tab etc.
    Rooted my tab from here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno how techy you are but this is a great site for the tab etc.
    Rooted my tab from here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1602

I've rooted an Android phone before but my only concern is the manufacturers refusing to repair a rooted device should it go wrong and not be possible to return to the factory version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've rooted an Android phone before but my only concern is the manufacturers refusing to repair a rooted device should it go wrong and not be possible to return to the factory version.

Yes,it ups the counter meaning no ota updates,or you could have probs if you need repairs.The devs are looking into the counter prob.Even unrooting does not reset the counter at the mo,but you can always flash the new updates if the counter prob is not solved before the updates come out.There are loads of ways to unbrick but as you said is it worth the trouble.
    I also have the ipad 2 as my main tablet so can afford to "play about" with the G tab 2.