I am sick of the same old crap with Bianca

Comments

• blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ScouseBird wrote: »
    Her rent would be paid and the benefits would be more than enough to feed her kids. She wouldnt be minted but she wouldnt be struggling as much as she is.
    The plot holes are massive! She lives with 3 adults who would be giving her money plus ray and ricky would be giving her money.
    Its hard to sympathise when the whole thing is so stupidly unrealistic. Who the hell writes this crap! My main problem is they have no idea what to do with bianca and she keeps going around in this circle of poverty and screaming at everyone.
    A talented actress wasted

Obviously it's fiction, so there are no specific details, but depending on whether the other adults are registered to living with her, would definitely effect her housing benefit and rent depending on their income. Add that onto clothes, electric, gas, water, transport, shopping etc it wouldn't leave you with much considering she doesn't have a job.

Like I said, I'm not saying that they are writing it detail by detail as accurate, it's a fictional program, I wouldn't expect them too, but I appreciate that they are at least carrying on with this story for now for the emotional problems that money worries can create, rather than the exact details.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    blue_angel wrote: »
    Yes, because no one is struggling with money at the moment...:rolleyes:

I'm not saying that the story is like a documentry on poverty in modern Britain, but it's suggestive of current economic problems, especially for those with children. I'm glad they've kept it an ongoing storyline. Yes, it's got plot holes the size of the channel, but poverty isn't an especially sexy storyline or one that necessarily garners a lot of sympathy.

I'm quite confused about all those suggesting that she would be raking in benefits. Yes she absolutely would be entitled to benefits, and maybe she isn't getting all she is allowed, but even with full allowance she would still struggle week to week.

I may be on my own with this one, but it's something I feel strongly about. :o
    There is no reason why this cannot be a secondary storyline however.

OK I get it -- her money troubles is a recurring theme and quite rightly needs to be addressed to avoid SOR. Yet it's as if all the material on Bianca has to do with her income, not her love life, her relationship with her kids, something to do with prison...
    rick182 wrote: »
    Maybe Derek will leave her money in the will
    Or that dodgy key meter. Should help to pay the bills. :rolleyes: :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Yes, because no one is struggling with money at the moment...:rolleyes:

I'm not saying that the story is like a documentry on poverty in modern Britain, but it's suggestive of current economic problems, especially for those with children. I'm glad they've kept it an ongoing storyline. Yes, it's got plot holes the size of the channel, but poverty isn't an especially sexy storyline or one that necessarily garners a lot of sympathy.

I'm quite confused about all those suggesting that she would be raking in benefits. Yes she absolutely would be entitled to benefits, and maybe she isn't getting all she is allowed, but even with full allowance she would still struggle week to week.

I may be on my own with this one, but it's something I feel strongly about. :o

She wouldnt be loaded but she wouldnt be struggling like she always is. She would get tax credits, child benefit, housing benefit and council tax benefit as well as extra money in winter towards her heating bills and then JSA or working tax credits depending on if she works or not. Plenty to get by on.
  • ScouseBirdScouseBird Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously it's fiction, so there are no specific details, but depending on whether the other adults are registered to living with her, would definitely effect her housing benefit and rent depending on their income. Add that onto clothes, electric, gas, water, transport, shopping etc it wouldn't leave you with much considering she doesn't have a job.

Like I said, I'm not saying that they are writing it detail by detail as accurate, it's a fictional program, I wouldn't expect them too, but I appreciate that they are at least carrying on with this story for now for the emotional problems that money worries can create, rather than the exact details.

I get what your saying, i wasnt shouting at you :p it just annoys me that its bianca who is struggling the most when realistically she shouldnt. If they wanted to go down the route of money problems why not do it with jay? A young lad with no job or home but doesnt seem to have trouble feeding himself. I know the foxs are looking after him at the minute but its more realistic for him to be struggling than a woman surrounded by family in a house with other adults and a cheap rent to pay.
    Bianca used to be a great character and the actress is good they need to sort her direction as a character out - there has been no progress for years now
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    She's the new pre-Lola Billy.
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No need to worry. I dare say she will be off on another 6 month break soon once a pay rise has been negotiated.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Patsy Palmer, hate Bianca at the moment. OP is right, all her storylines are "We ain't got no monaaaay" this, "we ain't got no monaaaay" that...years ago Bianca had great storylines but now they're all a bit shit.

And, am I missing something or does Ricky not send her any money from his wages he earns in Dubai or Qatar or wherever it was he went? I thought at least two of them kids are his...
  • loco_localoco_loca Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously, can they not think of something better for her than being in poverty in every single episode? I am absolutely sick of the same old same old.

I'm normally very tolerant of awful storylines but Jesus Christ.
    It is tiresome but at the same time it is realistic. If you're broke, unqualified, unskilled and stupid ( Bianca) then your financial situation is unlikely to change. She doesn't have the qualifications to get a good job, she doesn't have a skill that she can make money from and she does not have the intellect to come up with a money making system.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much would a house like that in london cost per week to rent? With big rent costs and bills on top, she could be struggling even with all the benefits and Carol working.
  • rapunzel4rapunzel4 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    How much would a house like that in london cost per week to rent? With big rent costs and bills on top, she could be struggling even with all the benefits and Carol working.

janine rents it to them cheap. and you would be surprised how much housing benefit covers
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Patsy Palmer is a good actress but the character of Bianca is a spent force. She used to have a bit more substance but now all she does is play the pauper and shriek in that awful voice of hers. It's so boring to watch the same scenes over and over again. Not that Bianca is the only character guilty of this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I have to agree with previous posters that it's a pity that Bianca is confined to this endless circle of poverty and becoming a moaning minnie about money, Patsy is a good actress and deserves much better!:(

I think it could have been more interesting if instead of learning hairdressing in prison, she learned how to cook, and became really keen about it. And when she came out, perhaps her and Carol, who probably has a good head for business or at least managing money, got involved in some sort of baking/cooking venture. Maybe in competition to Lucy who discovers she's just a teenager still, and really knows sweet **** all about business and ends up bankrupt:D. I know that's stretching things a bit, but that s/l of a teenage girl willing and able to run 2/3 businesses is definitely an SOR in my mind at least!!:D

But I would really like Carol and Bianca involved in something together, not just as two women sharing a house screaming over the kids at each other! They are two good actresses being wasted by the writers!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,474
    Forum Member
    I would leave a long, witty and insightful response that would analyse Bianca's ludicrous situation better than Oscar Wilde could ever dream of. Unfortunately, like Bianca, I don't have enough money in the leccy meter to cont..........
  • weegeriweegeri Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Thank you for starting this thread so I don't have to. Bianca has no purpose in EE any more. And her family are dreadful. Yawn yawn yawn 'I'm Bianca and I'm sooo poooor' yawn 'I'm Witney and I'm a victim' yawn, 'I'm Liam and I need acting lessons' yawn, 'I'm Tiffany and I'm supposed to be fiesty and precocious' yawn, 'I'm Morgan and I eat chicken nuggets thus depicting how poooor we really are' yawn.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could say the same about Max and Tanya. I wonder if we'll have another one of Max's many girlfriends turn up at their next wedding attempt in five years time.
  • FallingPianoFallingPiano Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know what I'm sick of?

People wheeling out the same old "She should be getting this/that/every benefit under the sun". Yes, she's probably entitled to something but do people expect Bianca, who isn't exactly brains of Britain, to realise this? Then there's also her pride which has been well established. The way some people on here talk you'd think the benefits are being handed out like sweets when that really isn't the case at all.

Besides, this is hardly the same old crap is it? People are conveniently overlooking the fact that Bianca - shock, horror - did the honest thing in calling the police over the dodgy goods. The Bianca of earlier this year would've been happily flogging it all on the streets but she did the right thing this time, but the mighty DS on it's high horse isn't prepared to accept that. :rolleyes:
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    weegeri wrote: »
    Thank you for starting this thread so I don't have to. Bianca has no purpose in EE any more. And her family are dreadful. Yawn yawn yawn 'I'm Bianca and I'm sooo poooor' yawn 'I'm Witney and I'm a victim' yawn, 'I'm Liam and I need acting lessons' yawn, 'I'm Tiffany and I'm supposed to be fiesty and precocious' yawn, 'I'm Morgan and I eat chicken nuggets thus depicting how poooor we really are' yawn.

Perfect summary:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know what I'm sick of?

People wheeling out the same old "She should be getting this/that/every benefit under the sun". Yes, she's probably entitled to something but do people expect Bianca, who isn't exactly brains of Britain, to realise this? Then there's also her pride which has been well established. The way some people on here talk you'd think the benefits are being handed out like sweets when that really isn't the case at all.

Besides, this is hardly the same old crap is it? People are conveniently overlooking the fact that Bianca - shock, horror - did the honest thing in calling the police over the dodgy goods. The Bianca of earlier this year would've been happily flogging it all on the streets but she did the right thing this time, but the mighty DS on it's high horse isn't prepared to accept that. :rolleyes:

PRIDE?! She is too ashamed to claim to benefits she is completely entitled to but instead prefers to send her kids out begging for money? Give me a break. The whole thing is completely unrealistic and you dont have to be a genius to know you are entitled to help if you have kids and are unemployed :rolleyes:
  • FallingPianoFallingPiano Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PRIDE?! She is too ashamed to claim to benefits she is completely entitled to but instead prefers to send her kids out begging for money? Give me a break. The whole thing is completely unrealistic and you dont have to be a genius to know you are entitled to help if you have kids and are unemployed :rolleyes:

So it's unrealistic because Bianca isn't doing what YOU would do? Please, spare me.

It's so easy to sit on an internet forum saying "Oh nooooo, she should be doing this, she should be getting that, it's SOOOOO unrealistic blah blah blah blah". I'm sure there are plenty of people in Bianca's situation who for whatever reason do not want to claim the benefits, especially under the current government who appear to be doing everything in their power to reign the benefits system in. It just shows how out of touch some posters on here are, not the EastEnders writers. Some of it will be exaggerated for dramatic purposes but my point still stands.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not out of touch, neither are other posters but the EE writers certainly are. Like ive said if they want to go down a poverty route use someone who would realistically be poor like jay not a woman living in a house with a knocked down rent 3 other adults and 3 school age children. We all know bianca is stupid but she would definitely know how to apply for benefits and carol certainly would. And i dont buy that she wouldnt want to either - any mother would rather claim benefits then sending their kids out begging for money. Its ridiculous.
    Instead of progressing the character its the same old unrealistic crap over and over
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member

I'm normally very tolerant of awful storylines but Jesus Christ.

You're in luck with Eastenders then!:D:D
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I don't even think Patsy is a good actress like many others seem to, she has her moments but her everyday scenes seem so hammy and forced these days.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member

Exactly, she sends her kids begging but wont claim benefits? and what is she doing with the money given to her by the fathers??that should be used to buy food. she is probably no more than half a mile from a food bank. the story goes round and round in circles, its the only storyline she ever has, get rid fof herm give the children to Carol who would actually know how to look after them hopefully, and fogert about moody Bianca.
  • Mr MoriartyMr Moriarty Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find no sympathy for her at all - she and the kids are struggling for a reason that is entirely her fault - she refuses to claim benefits that could help her out, out of sheer pride - her children do without because of her well known stubborness - this is not a charming trait, it makes her utterly detestable in my book, nothing wrong with claiming benefits to keep your children, you know, eating and surviving and living and stuff.
  • JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's unrealistic because Bianca isn't doing what YOU would do? Please, spare me.

It's so easy to sit on an internet forum saying "Oh nooooo, she should be doing this, she should be getting that, it's SOOOOO unrealistic blah blah blah blah". I'm sure there are plenty of people in Bianca's situation who for whatever reason do not want to claim the benefits, especially under the current government who appear to be doing everything in their power to reign the benefits system in. It just shows how out of touch some posters on here are, not the EastEnders writers. Some of it will be exaggerated for dramatic purposes but my point still stands.

You're talking about Bianca the character? This is the same person who went to prison for stealing a money bag for crying out loud! :rolleyes:

Do you really think she would have any moral issues with living off the state? Knowing her history she of all people would probably know everything there is to know about playing the system.

I know people who are hard up and living off of benefits. But those are the same people who throw their money away buying cars, and other luxury items as a priority before essentials. We know Bianca isn't doing this...the storyline just isn't realistic, end of story.