Options

Marie Osmond

kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
Forum Member
✭✭
I have to admit I really admire the amount of work and commitment Marie puts in every week, and she is certainly a real trouper, but I'm not a great fan of her dancing.

Do you think she is staying in because she has such a huge fan base, or is it because her dancing is a lot better than I'm seeing?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    So far I haven't seen a dance from Marie that I'd be really keen to see again.

Mel, Helio and Jennie have all done dances which I've now watched several times. I guess that sums it up for me really. She's done well, but I think the fan base is what's now keeping her there.
  • Options
    CP30CP30 Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately I don't have access to the programme :( but have seen a few clips. She looked to be doing well but not outstanding.

I'm a huge Donny fan. :D Do the Osmonds still have a big following in the US?

I've only recently found out that Marie has 8 children :eek:.
  • Options
    jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think out of tonight's (Mon's) dances she was the weakest but lbh her Dad just died & I reckon she probably did not get much rehearsal time with the funeral etc. Also although she puts on a "showbiz" face there's no doubt, I bet she is feeling awful.
    I'm glad she did not get voted out, as Cam was so not going to get in the final imo & he had all that travelling too. (He might not know what to do with all his free time but I bet his wife & kids do!).
    Being supported by her fans must have been a lovely feeling for her after such tragic news & I'm so glad he got to see her best dance, dedicated to her parents (I hope that was n't hype). I know he lived a good long life but even so, it is horrid to loose a parent whatever age.
  • Options
    Sari~Sari~ Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CP30 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't have access to the programme :( but have seen a few clips. She looked to be doing well but not outstanding.

I'm a huge Donny fan. :D Do the Osmonds still have a big following in the US?

I've only recently found out that Marie has 8 children :eek:.

No, I wouldn't say that they have a big following in the general population, but she does seem to be getting the most publicity out of the show this year. I swear Entertainment Tonight has become Osmond pimp central. It's ridiculous and annoying and I would really not be surprised if she wins this year due to the sympathy vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I have posted in another thread, I like Marie but I think throughout this serie (and especially tonight), her dances have never wowed me, although I'll be the first one to admit that she certainly can put on a great performance but her technique is not up there with the others.

xx
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt that the dad dying aspect was overdone a little. In a recent interview on BBC, Donnie O made it quite clear that their father was not someone they were close to, or trusted too much after he took their money when they were all kids.
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I felt that the dad dying aspect was overdone a little. In a recent interview on BBC, Donnie O made it quite clear that their father was not someone they were close to, or trusted too much after he took their money when they were all kids.

I'm sorry, that's giving a false impression of the truth of what Donny said.

They were an incredibly close family - all throughout their lives.

Donny expressed some bitterness about being made to tour the world and sing as a 6 year old instead of leading a normal life and playing in the yard and going to school like other kids.

Ofcourse the money the boys earned went into the family coffers, they were mostly all underage still anyway. However later on that money was stolen by advisors, accountants and other people, not by their Father.

I'm sure the grief they felt at his passing was entirely genuine.