Options

When is the next seaon of DWTS?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's frazzling my brain just trying to get round it all. The overmarking, undermarking, favoritism - I don't know what it is.
    All the fun has gone from it sadly.
    And after all this I just watch Matt and Lilia's waltz and just fall in love with it all over again :)
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's frazzling my brain just trying to get round it all. The overmarking, undermarking, favoritism - I don't know what it is.
    All the fun has gone from it sadly.
    And after all this I just watch Matt and Lilia's waltz and just fall in love with it all over again :)

Awww. :) That was a classic, and the song so beautiful. :cool:

I'd like to add people posting Christmas Spoilers in the thread for tonight's show spoilers! :mad:

And aren't the GBP barmy after X Factor aswell? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw the end I thought Leon was well out of tune but I thought the same about Leona as well :D

Tut Tut. Everyone seems to be posting quite freely.
    I saw the Xmas spoiler thread before so no surprises for me. I think all spoilers will be revealed tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just saw the end I thought Leon was well out of tune but I thought the same about Leona as well :D

Oh Gawd! He sang flat all evening! And in the semi-final. :eek:
    Couldn't work out how he got through last week, but tonight was triple eeek! :confused:
    I actually got into it the last couple of weeks as the times didn't clash with SCD. :cool:
    TBH I was not a Leona fan, I don't really like that style of Whitney/Mariah type singing where one note is never held for longer than a nano second and there's alot of vibrato. :yawn:
    Tut Tut. Everyone seems to be posting quite freely.
    I saw the Xmas spoiler thread before so no surprises for me. I think all spoilers will be revealed tonight.

Looks like it! :rolleyes: Thought I'd save meself for a Christmas surprise, but no such luck, and it's true, everything is being revealed tonight with no consideration, probably best to stay away from DS completely if anyone wishes to remain unspoiled.

I discovered the X Factor forum though, and on the whole the posters were well informed and funny! :D
    Not to mention cynical about the show and the Judges. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    Oh Gawd! He sang flat all evening! And in the semi-final. :eek:
    Couldn't work out how he got through last week, but tonight was triple eeek! :confused:
    I actually got into it the last couple of weeks as the times didn't clash with SCD. :cool:
    TBH I was not a Leona fan, I don't really like that style of Whitney/Mariah type singing where one note is never held for longer than a nano second and there's alot of vibrato. :yawn:

Looks like it! :rolleyes: Thought I'd save meself for a Christmas surprise, but no such luck, and it's true, everything is being revealed tonight with no consideration, probably best to stay away from DS completely if anyone wishes to remain unspoiled.

I discovered the X Factor forum though, and on the whole the posters were well informed and funny! :D
    Not to mention cynical about the show and the Judges. ;)
    Oh that's so bad La Rhumba. I completely forgot about the Xmas special until I saw the thread a couple of days back.

I don't think you can take X Factor to seriously. Sharon Osbourne walks out so often they've got a revolving door on her dressing room :D
    I used to absolutely love all that Whitney/Mariah hollering ballad stuff when I was young but not so much now. Plus whenever I see Leona interviewed she is so damn boring. :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    martyboy wrote: »
    Part of the reason why the recent series of DWTS was screened on UVTV Gold was that it was sponsored by Tia Maria and was part of their pre-Xmax advertising campaign.

The previous series of DWTS was shown on BBC1 on Sunday afternoons, so that may be a more likely place to see the next series.

When DWTS was screened on UKTV Gold they did display "UK Premiere", as though they expected that it would be screened again.

Some series like Next Top Model are rescreened almost continuously, an episode every night, I think. It would be good if all episodes from all the previous series of DWTS could be shown in a similar manner. I would have thought that it would make more sense to show some fresh (to us) episodes of DWTS than continually recycling series like NTM which have already been through countless complete cycles.

I don't know how the ratings were for UK Gold on DTWS. I would think that would ultimately effect their decision on buying the next season. Also are they purchasing it from ABC or the BBC?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pkpon wrote: »
    I don't know how the ratings were for UK Gold on DTWS. I would think that would ultimately effect their decision on buying the next season. Also are they purchasing it from ABC or the BBC?

I had thought it was an ABC Production, but apparently it's BBC Worldwide.
  • Options
    Lemon LymanLemon Lyman Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mscaviy wrote: »
    Of course, sent.:)

Ooooo can I have the link as well used newsgroups before but not sure where to find them for DWTS
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Ooooo can I have the link as well used newsgroups before but not sure where to find them for DWTS

PM gladly sent to you too. Can I take it from your name that you are a West Wing fan?
  • Options
    dbrosedbrose Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    I had thought it was an ABC Production, but apparently it's BBC Worldwide.

It is BBC Worldwide and also UKTV is half owned by BBC Worldwide and Virgin however BBC Worldwide want buy Virgin;s half which should mean there is actually no problem with UKTV showing it and shouldn;t cost much either...!!!

Check this out...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dbrose wrote: »
    It is BBC Worldwide and also UKTV is half owned by BBC Worldwide and Virgin however BBC Worldwide want buy Virgin;s half which should mean there is actually no problem with UKTV showing it and shouldn;t cost much either...!!!

Check this out...

I forgot about the BBC link to UKTV Gold, most of their "Gold" programmes are BBC. I hope this means they'll pick up series 6 of DWTS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :( But only if it gets onto Freeview first. I'm sorry but if UKTVGold remains a pay channel, I don't see how it can be justified with the License Fee aswell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it depends on whether you want the other Sky channels and services you pay for and who's going to watch it.
    I'm glad that they showed it the same week as it's broadcast in the US too.