Man United Supporters Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stan boardman the Liverpool comedian
    often talks about The bombing of are chippys look it up :)
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Dunno about you but id been learning German for 3 years and then the c***s lost.

Bloody hell.

Ouch, unlucky. I'd only got to 'Ich mag zu absoluter unsinn zu sprechen.'
    Talkman wrote: »
    The Germans bombed are chippys :p

I see. That's an excellent reason to 'hate' the Germans, 70 years later.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was then best United Night ever for me, nothing can top that, my dad shed tears of joy, he was so emotional.

My Dad was outside cutting the lawn (god knows why so late a night!!!!) but came inside to find out why it sounded like someone had been murdered.

Instead, he found me sobbing uncontrollably. Have you lost he asked? :D

Tears of pure joy they were.
    I watched the Chelsea final in the pub with my bird at the time. There was a Utd fan stranded up here from Manchester who came in to watch the game not expecting to see a friendly face for the game.

When Terry missed the pen the fact that i jumped on him was probably the first clue to my GF that our relationship was on the rocks.

When he jumped on me when we won……

The barmaid bought us both large drinks after the pub shut on the grounds that "we clearly needed it".

I watched that one in a pub in Cambridge. Half Chelsea, Half United. Amazed everyone behaved. My mate even pulled a blue shirted woman at the end of the night. Clearly depressed girls are easy birds :D

More importantly - we got kicked out and the pub shut early because the publican was concerned our celebrations would get too boisterous.

So outside the pub were sad Chelsea fans, and exhuberant United fans - all stood side by side, all calm, disgruntled that the pub had shut early.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    My Dad was outside cutting the lawn (god knows why so late a night!!!!) but came inside to find out why it sounded like someone had been murdered.

Instead, he found me sobbing uncontrollably. Have you lost he asked? :D

Tears of pure joy they were.

I watched that one in a pub in Cambridge. Half Chelsea, Half United. Amazed everyone behaved. My mate even pulled a blue shirted woman at the end of the night. Clearly depressed girls are easy birds :D

More importantly - we got kicked out and the pub shut early because the publican was concerned our celebrations would get too boisterous.

So outside the pub were sad Chelsea fans, and exhuberant United fans - all stood side by side, all calm, disgruntled that the pub had shut early.

Unlucky not to bump into each other, what pub? Ended up spending it with a few mates in town, one an Arsenal fan and he was absolutely gutted we won it. Incredible night.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Unlucky not to bump into each other, what pub? Ended up spending it with a few mates in town, one an Arsenal fan and he was absolutely gutted we won it. Incredible night.

If I remember rightly, it was The Avery.

Once we were told to leave there, we ended up in The Regal to finish the night.
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds flippant but if i never see anything again, i saw that.

I watched it with a girl who burst into tears for no reason, she wasn't even a Utd fan it was THAT emotional.

I was in Glasgow surrounded by people who wanted Utd to lose at the start who were up dancing on the tables when Ole scored.

It was just the most incredible ending to a season ever and we are all seriously honoured to have been able to say we saw it.

Nothing will ever top it. 2008 came close but that was more personal but football-wise 1999 was just off the scale.

Agree, I was 18 at the time and remember just going mental in a pub with some mates.

2008 was more highly charged as I was in Pompey surrounded by Chelsea fans so as the game went on the angst was building in the pub... when Terry fell me and 2 other lads were cheering, when we won it we were the only 3 left in the pub 5 mins later... amazing night.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Im not knocking it but if id baited me the way The Sleeper has done over the last two days id be perma-banned right now.

I don't want him banned at all, not for a second, but the point remains.

Pro-active modding? Yeah if your username is Cantona….
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not knocking it but if id baited me the way The Sleeper has done over the last two days id be perma-banned right now.

I don't want him banned at all, not for a second, but the point remains.

Pro-active modding? Yeah if your username is Cantona….

C7 I did have you in my Sights the last 24 hours , and I just want to apologise & clear the air on my part, if poss ?

and sorry for the attack on you !
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Theres not much i can say to that….
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope we can now move on ?

or as you said last week ......... iggy ? :confused:

night btw :p
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just can't imagine that we'll ever see anything like it again.

Yes, someone might do the same treble, but it won't be in such dramatic fashion.

I lost a pint, over my shoulder. No idea if anyone got soaked, but nobody would have cared. Even the Spurs fan that I was with went mental.

My husband was there, a season ticket holder then. He'd been to the Fa cup final a few days before and left me with a newborn baby.

I was seriously pissed off as he'd gone with his other then season ticket holder mates.

Close to the end of the game when all looked lost I decided to go and make a brew,came out to the equaliser,I then lost it and changed channel as I couldn't bear to watch anymore. Then I thought sod it ,and flicked back over to then lose it again when I saw the 2-1 scoreline.

I then spent some time trying to get off the phone as my step dad who is a Utd fan (but not a hardcore one) decided to ring up in a state of drunkeness at the result. I could hear my mum in the background telling him not to have anymore booze.

My husband spent the night kipping in a bus shelter with his mates after the game that night. He'd left the transport from the game to one of his dippy mates and they couldn't get back to the hotel. Karma for leaving me behind. ;-):D
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C7 I did have you in my Sights the last 24 hours

Like Stevie Wonder with a sniper rifle.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Theres not much i can say to that….

I'd make him sleep on the sofa for a couple of nights, that will teach him.:)
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can't control you patronising drivel in the rest of the forum but be more than clear that you nonsense isn't welcome here.

Surely it was a harmless enough question?
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Surely it was a harmless enough question?

You do like stirring the pot in here, we all know that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mirror reckon that we'll offer £30m for Kroos, and offer to treble his wages.

Might just work...
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    The Mirror reckon that we'll offer £30m for Kroos, and offer to treble his wages.

Might just work...

Now that would be funny!!

not that its to be believed, but £250,000 a week did make me giggle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »
    Now that would be funny!!

not that its to be believed, but £250,000 a week did make me giggle

Am I missing something? Why would that be 'funny'?
    Forum Member
    Am I missing something? Why would that be 'funny'?

£250,000 a week??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £250,000 a week??

What about it?

Kroos is one the best midfield players in Europe. He's 23. He plays for Bayern Munich. We're highly unlikely to be in the Champions League, next season.

All of this means that we'll have to pay big money to land him. If we can afford it, I don't see an issue.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about it?

Kroos is one the best midfield players in Europe. He's 23. He plays for Bayern Munich. We're highly unlikely to be in the Champions League, next season.

All of this means that we'll have to pay big money to land him. If we can afford it, I don't see an issue.

would you call him a mercenary if he took a similar deal at man city or chelsea? just curious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    would you call him a mercenary if he took a similar deal at man city or chelsea? just curious.

No. Why would I?

Both of those clubs will undoubtedly be competing for honours and playing in the Champions League for the foreseeable future. Attractive to most players, I'd have thought.

All players are 'mercenaries' to some degree.
    Forum Member
    What about it?

True if you can afford him then hay what does it matter

He wouldn't leave a first team place at Bayern for United unless of course silly money was involved, I now agree £250,000 a week should do it, thats how it is these days to keep up though I guess
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True if you can afford him then hay what does it matter

Precisely.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Why would I?

Both of those clubs will undoubtedly be competing for honours and playing in the Champions League for the foreseeable future. Attractive to most players, I'd have thought.

All players are 'mercenaries' to some degree.

didn't assume you would jim, was just asking as i know once city started throwing out triple figure wages alot of their players were seen as mercenaries by rival fans thats all.

thanks for the answer.
This discussion has been closed.