Official Snooker Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• zawtowerszawtowers Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And.. in a rather nice bit of timing (although two weeks earlier would have been nicer) my Humax HDR-Fox T2 Freeview HD recorder now has the BBC News and BBC Sport apps on its TV Portal, to go with BBC iPlayer etc. Nice.

At least I'll get a choice of both tables online on that, I'll have to give it a blast and see how well it performs :)
  • TreelopperTreelopper Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Only reds and the final black don't come back up on an error. Colours do

Thanks for that, been watching snooker since Pot Black & playing for about 12 years & didn't realise that :D
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zawtowers wrote: »

Judd Trump was back to playing as well as he can do, but Neil Robertson certainly had a bit of an off day. He was coughing and spluttering a lot when playing Robbie Williams, so I hope Terry Griffiths et al don't try to use any cold or flu bug as an excuse, it was argubaly worse during that match. Let's hope Neil can pull it back tomorrow and get that magic 100th century.

they can't use it as an excuse! Robertson was very ill during the China Open you might remember but still got to the final!
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Neil Robertson would try to use sickness as an excuse. He's already posted on twitter saying he's disappointed with how he played, no mention of illness. I don't think that's his style.

It was a disappointing day of snooker though so far - this evening had better perk up a bit!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I really don't like Jason Mohammed as a presenter. Awful voice.

Over to Eurosport :D
    Forum Member
    Boo... ES showing Dale Hawkins.

Will have to suffer BBC for an hour
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,331,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken just got that wrong, Selby and McManus don't finish tomorrow afternoon, they finish tomorrow morning.

And as they have to play nine tonight, it probably will be a late finish, so they won't get much respite....
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fluke by alan
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I really don't like Jason Mohammed as a presenter. Awful voice.

Neither do I. They should just let John Parrott do it. He's a very capable presenter. Or just work Hazel to the bone. :D
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was surprised by both matches this afternoon, never would have had Trump go 6-2 up and when Ronnie was 0-2 down and needing a snooker and being totally out played, if you had told me he would end up 6-2 ahead i would have thought you were mad!!!! Murphy wil wonder how the hell he ended up so far behind!

Anyway on to tonght and Barry leads 7-3 and Mark leads 5-3, the two i expect to win arent letting me down anyway !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark goes 6-3 up, could be pulling clear now
  • big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »
    Neither do I. They should just let John Parrott do it. He's a very capable presenter. Or just work Hazel to the bone. :D

I'm trying to remember, has John Parrott done TV presenting before? I know he's been on the TV plenty of times as a studio expert in the snooker, and Question of Sport team captain, but has he actually been the main presenter of a TV show?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barry leads 8-3 should be easy for him from now
    Forum Member
    big mac wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember, has John Parrott done TV presenting before? I know he's been on the TV plenty of times as a studio expert in the snooker, and Question of Sport team captain, but has he actually been the main presenter of a TV show?
    I'm sure he's fronted some of the snooker at times. Not in the studio but either in the arena or in the corridors.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bit one side these matches tonight now, Barry leads 9-3 and Mark leads 7-3
  • big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I'm sure he's fronted some of the snooker at times. Not in the studio but either in the arena or in the corridors.

I'm sure he'd be more than capable of the studio presenting. Of all of the studio experts he's probably the most naturally suited to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another for Mark, now leads 8-3, chasing Barry he is!
  • liamjones1liamjones1 Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    could both these matches possibly finish tonight
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy Slugden misses the Brown :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dom stops the rot and wins an important frame to make it 9-4, important because it means they will have to comeback tomorrow
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are Selby and McManus playing five or four frames now due to the missed one in the afternoon

I would assume four so there is some play tomorrow
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Are Selby and McManus playing five or four frames now due to the missed one in the afternoon

I would assume four so there is some play tomorrow

5 now. It is 9 tonight for them and to a finish tomorrow
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10-4 to Barry, who is as good as in the Semis now
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Is McManus backing the 'yes' campaign then?
This discussion has been closed.