JCR wrote: »
    LOL Jets. Perfect time to call a timeout. :D

Jets always provide high comedy, remember they gave us the buttfumble. :D
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Jets always provide high comedy, remember they gave us the buttfumble. :D

I honestly think that one today was worse than that Thanksgiving game.
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pats much more like it against the Peterson less Vikings. Offence still not really firing but the defence and special teams ran the show after an early Vikings TD.

In the late games the Jets are whipping the Packers at Lambeau, can't work out if the Jets are much better than everyone thought or the Pack are much worse.

Smith looks like he can really throw well when given time. That TD throw when they had the time out was superb (although hard to tell if the d-line had stopped because of the whistle blowing for the TO). That said I loved seeing Ryan's face when he realised what had happened.

For the Pack, I still think they were a little hungover from the beating the Seahawks gave them in the first half, took Rodgers a little warming up but he ended the day with 350 yards and 3 TDs.

Nice to see Sherman getting targeted and coming up short as well as Gates of old coming to play. They needed a little humbling but if they get homefield advantage I think they'll be hard to stop getting to the Superbowl.

All that seems clear this week is that you it's hard to bet on the NFL, some top teams have already lost a game now and the Bills and Texans are unbeaten...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow 49ers collapse against the Bears, going from leading 17-0 to losing 20-28.

As Kierenj says, hard to bet on.
  • U.R.CorrectU.R.Correct Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The Minnesota Vikings announced Monday morning that running back Adrian Peterson will fully practice and is expected to play this week against the New Orleans Saints.

Peterson was deactivated for Sunday's loss after being indicted Friday on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child.

The Vikings cited due process as the reason for reinstating the face of the franchise"

Awful decision
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    Some extra Wembley NFL tickets have been put on sale if anyone hasn't got a ticket yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The Minnesota Vikings announced Monday morning that running back Adrian Peterson will fully practice and is expected to play this week against the New Orleans Saints.

Peterson was deactivated for Sunday's loss after being indicted Friday on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child.

The Vikings cited due process as the reason for reinstating the face of the franchise"

Awful decision

In fairness they're between a rock & a hard place. If the trial is not till next year, it's possible they could've suspended him for a season then had him found not guilty, which may have caused outrage amongst their fans. If he wasn't key to their team they may have, but he is key.

Interesting to see what the commish does, because it is up to him.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,626
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    In fairness they're between a rock & a hard place. If the trial is not till next year, it's possible they could've suspended him for a season then had him found not guilty, which may have caused outrage amongst their fans. If he wasn't key to their team they may have, but he is key.

Interesting to see what the commish does, because it is up to him.

Vikings have now suspended Peterson until the legal process is over.

On another note NFLPA is to appeal Ray Rice indefinite suspension as Rice had already been punished for the same crime with a 2 game suspension, as the NFL have punished Rice twice for the same crime.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29247819

and another

the NFL is going to have to do a lot of work to repair its reputation , a lot of talk already about sponsors expressing concern
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29247819

and another

the NFL is going to have to do a lot of work to repair its reputation , a lot of talk already about sponsors expressing concern

Wasn't there actually a report done though that crime by NFL players is lower than in the general population?

If they can recover from Michael Vick I think they can cope with this.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Wasn't there actually a report done though that crime by NFL players is lower than in the general population?

If they can recover from Michael Vick I think they can cope with this.

and I didn't say it wouldn't recover

I said it has a lot of work to do

when their main sponsors are making public statements expressing concern and telling them something needs to be done to deal with the issue then they cant ignore that
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I believe it found they crime rates as a whole were lower than the average for American males of their age (ie twenties and early thirties) but that some types of crime were found at a higher rate.

Of course there are so many more variables than just age that you'd have to look at such as the fact that NFL players will be on a much higher income than the national average. That would naturally reduce their rates for certain crimes, they aren't going to be shoplifting because they can't afford bread or robbing a bank. You'd have to look at the social background that the players come from, you'd need to account for how their public profile affects their chance of getting arrested if they commit a crime.

I think the study in question was a pretty basic one and didn't look at all the variables.
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some sad news

Former Tennessee Titans kicker Rob Bironas tragically passed away Saturday night in a single-car crash in Nashville, Tenn. He was 36 years old.

Bironas holds the NFL single-game record for field goals after booting eight in a 2007 win over the Houston Texans. Bironas also holds the Titans' franchise-record of 11 game-winning kicks during his career, including a 60-yard game winner against the Colts in 2006. That kick remains the longest field goal in Titans or Houston Oilers history.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000397626/article/former-titans-kicker-rob-bironas-dies-in-car-accident
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another really slow start for the Pats, this trend is getting really tiresome.
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching the Red Zone and Andy dalton just scored with a trick play

Nearly went horribly wrong as nearly picked
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible performance from the Pats against one of the worst teams in the NFL. Barely get away with an utterly undeserved victory. Nothing working on offense, this team is so frustrating to watch at the moment.
  • detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible performance from the Pats against one of the worst teams in the NFL. Barely get away with an utterly undeserved victory. Nothing working on offense, this team is so frustrating to watch at the moment.

Gutted, I have a tight fantasy match tonight and I have McFadden in my team.

Bad enough for the Raiders to have a TD called back but to then be picked on the next play is harsh. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely amazing stuff by the Broncos.

No words to say how good a drive that was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best two teams in the NFL going toe to toe here, no question.

Great response by the Broncos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best two teams in the NFL going toe to toe here, no question.

Great response by the Broncos.

I wouldn't be surprised if both teams made the Superbowl again.

Denver's D have been great.

Regardless of who wins Denver have made a big statement today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regardless of who wins Denver have made a big statement today.

Agreed. Who else could go to Seattle and compete like that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Who else could go to Seattle and compete like that?

True.

I'm a Bronco but not too down about losing. It was good to actually watch a defensive slugfest for once. A nice drive from Wilson in OT, took advantage of a tired looking D.
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 3 teams left without a loss...

Cincinnati, Arizona and Philidelphia... I don't think anyone would have called that.

Philly are looking odd right now, I always think they're going to win but they are making it tougher than needed. The need to find some kind of defense.

Looking forward to seeing Bortles and Bridgewater starting next week, both look ready for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redskins were bloody awful tonight. And they've got the Seahawks next. :o
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow full house at Wembley. What a great atmosphere.