Options

Series 7 - Predictions, thoughts, theories and wishes.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
Forum Member
Afternoon all. Barely posted a proper post on here for ages so hope everyone is doing OK! :)

Also apologies in advance as there's probably already a thread like this. But anyway....

What are your predictions for Series 7? What do you think the key story arc(s) will be? What do you want to see?

I think the overriding hint that Moffat planted in TWORS was Dorium's slightly chilling prophecy:

"On the fields of Trenzelor, at the fall of the Eleventh, a question will be asked - one that must never be answered. And Silence must fall when the question is asked."

So, we take to be this name. Is this going to be the fall of Doc 11?

Have we really found out THAT much about The Silence? It feels as though we know a lot about them yet at the same time, don't.

Will River play a part?

Amy/Rory are said to be back - will they be full-time companions?

Why did the TARDIS originally get taken over in Series 5 by - what we assume was - the Silence?

And although it was alluded that the Silence wanted to prevent the Doctor's future to stop them "falling", what are the details to this?

There is much more, but those are my initial thoughts. So what do you think? What are you looking for? What questions do you want answered, and what "new" stuff would you like to see in S7?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello there Neilix!

Interesting indeed. Well i absolutely have loved the past two series so SO much! Series 6 is my favourite thus far and loved the split but i really hope series 7 doesnt do a mid series divide. It really worked for series 6 and that will what it will be remembered for...for really mixing it up in style and format!

I would love of course for Matt Smith to be in all episodes (it will happen obv!) and basically be in it forever!

I would lvoe adventures with him in independant storylines to meet new one off "companions" and Amy and Rory to be in a couple of storylines (a couple two parters and finale with River!) I would love River and Jack and 11 to team up for a plotline! Just imagine it.

I would love Madame K and The SIlence to be back in it....best villains the show has had!

Would love for the cybermen and Daleks to continue their mini cameos! (obviously building towards something epic!)

WOuld love to see more of Canton...loved him in TIA/DOTM! as well as Madame Vastra and Jenny of course ;) those characters are just too good to lose!

Would perhaps love to introduce Matts new full time companions during the run. And the finale to have a massive showdown and climax of the silence storyline perhaps....the fall of the 11th wont be Matts regeneration! It will feel a bit abrupt if it was just leading to that all this time...i reckon it is something to do with time, or hours...the eleventh hour, it sounds like a ticking clock.

Perhaps would love the return of a CLassic WHo companion for an episode (Ace for example) would be lovely and may pave to new areas...Sarah Jane reappearing was a god send!

So nothing too much ;) and would love for the seventh series story arc to perhaps be not as intensive after such a warped series 6! Something like "Bad WOlf an The Crack In Time!" hints towards the finale.

And loads of new monsters too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I'm just hoping for more Moffat goodness. So far I've enjoyed most of his run and I feel that the show is in good hands.

I quite like new stuff, would enjoy some more alien planets, weird landscapes etc.
    Some reinvention of an old classic Who-villian like The Ice Warriors would be nice.

I'd like a vaguely Hammer Horror feeling two-parter that's a bit HP Lovecraft, perhaps rebooting The Sea Devils.

A couple of mind-flipping surreal episodes dealing with pan-dimensional time loops in which the Doc must thwart an abstract concept using a riddle and a knob of butter. The type of episode that is unforgivingly confusing to any casual viewer, open to interpretation and makes people like my flat mate feel stupid and angry. LOL!

Um... and some other stuff. :D
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's wrong but all the stuff about "the fall of the Eleventh" suggests it will be the story of how the Doctor becomes Do#12.

This of course means it will happen in Matt Smiths last series, while this could be Series 7 I'm guessing Matt will stay on till at least Series 8 and the 50th Anniversary.

If that's the case then Series 7 will probably not feature The Silence/Madame K in any major way and any River stories will be more stand alone.

This also ties into Moffats comments about Series 7 being less Arc heavy.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Ohh I have one.

During Series 7, people on the DigitalSpy front page will still be complaining that Moffat is ruining things and that Matt Smith can't act, and that the BBC should bring back RTD and David Tennant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    'fall' like 'death' is open to interpretation. Although, I'd love to see Smith leave during the next series and 'fall' to mean his death, I feel it may mean something entirely different. A fall from grace perhaps, a tough choice etc. Something that changes the Doctor and how he is perceived.

By the way, Smith is my favourite Doc but I believe in them leaving on a high. ;)
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the fields of Trenzelor, at the fall of the Eleventh, a question will be asked - one that must never be answered. And Silence must fall when the question is asked."

looking at it from another point of view.

could it be something to do with horse racing?:confused:

number eleven horse falls, someone will be asked did you bet on that horse and how much? that someone keeps quiet as it was a lotta dosh.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neilix wrote: »
    I think the overriding hint that Moffat planted in TWORS was Dorium's slightly chilling prophecy:

"On the fields of Trenzelor, at the fall of the Eleventh, a question will be asked - one that must never be answered. And Silence must fall when the question is asked."

I don't think that will be in series 7, although some of the build up to it certainly might be. I don't think that will reach its conclusion until Matt decides to leave, and I doubt that will be before the anniversary.
    Have we really found out THAT much about The Silence? It feels as though we know a lot about them yet at the same time, don't.

I think they'll also be tied into the end of Matt's time of as the Doctor, so I'm not convinced they'll be in next series.
    Will River play a part?

I think so, Alex Kingston is conveniently in Cardiff in the near future filming Upstairs Downstairs, so there's definitely scope for fitting in a return for River. I don't think it'll be for mroe than a couple of episodes though, and to be honest I don't think I'd want to see her play a pivotal role in yet another series finale, she's done 2 already and been the talking point of the mid series 6 finale as well.
    Amy/Rory are said to be back - will they be full-time companions?

They're definitely back, Karen and Arthur have both confirmed it in interviews. I'm not sure that they'll be full-time, although I'd much prefer it if they were. I do think they'll have a more significant role than a single guest appearance though
    especially considering they appear in the Christmas special

All I want for series 7 really is more of the Doctor/Amy/Rory dynamic that worked so well this series, and for Amy and Rory to be full-time companions, joined occasionally by River and possibly Jack as well.

I'd like the question of why the TARDIS blew up to be answered, but I think that's another thing which will keep running until Matt decides to leave.

As next series is supposed to be more standalone episodes, all I ask is that they're the quality of The Girl Who Waited rather than the rubbish that was Night Terrors. In fact, if Tom MacRae and Neil Gaiman could write the series (apart from the episodes Moffat will write) between them, with maybe one from Richard Curtis and one from Toby Whithouse, I'd be very happy indeed :D
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neilix wrote: »

Personally, I feel these will be the themes of the 50th anniversary year. And I do think that might end with Matt's regeneration (:cry: ) because it's a great way to engage the audience for the 50th anniversary show, if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    One the fields of Trenzalor, at the fall of the Eleventh, a question will be asked - a question that must never, ever be answered

I think this is more Moffat tomfoolery, if I'm honest. Obviously, straight away, we all thought that it meant the fall of the Eleventh Doctor, hence this is the beginning of the long road leading to Matt Smith's regeneration into the Twelth Doctor. However, while it is widely assumed Matt will be handing over the reigns at the 50th anniversary, there has been no formal confirmation of this. For all we know, Matt could be planning on staying on for years to come. He's only been here 2 series, for crying out loud, give him time.

I could be entirely wrong, of course, and it could be this is just like the "he will knock three times" line that spelt the doom for Tennant's Doc. I just know what Moffat's like, and he's so clever at providing us with answers that are staring us in the face all along when it usually seems so complicated, and then doing completely the opposite aswell - when we think something is so simple, it turns out to be hideously confusing! It wouldn't surprise me if "the fall of the Eleventh" line is referring to something completely different - the fall of the Eleventh Platoon of The Silence or something :D
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Personally, I feel these will be the themes of the 50th anniversary year. And I do think that might end with Matt's regeneration (:cry: ) because it's a great way to engage the audience for the 50th anniversary show, if you know what I mean.

Yes. Without trying to be controversial, I think that's why there is a question mark over how many episodes will air next year etc. I say this because Matt possibly only wants to one more series but Moff and the beeb are keen (as no doubt the viewers are too) for Matt to be an integral part of the 50th Anniversary! So, I agree. I think TWORS did indeed set things up for the stories leading up to the Anniversary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is more Moffat tomfoolery, if I'm honest. Obviously, straight away, we all thought that it meant the fall of the Eleventh Doctor, hence this is the beginning of the long road leading to Matt Smith's regeneration into the Twelth Doctor. However, while it is widely assumed Matt will be handing over the reigns at the 50th anniversary, there has been no formal confirmation of this. For all we know, Matt could be planning on staying on for years to come. He's only been here 2 series, for crying out loud, give him time.

I could be entirely wrong, of course, and it could be this is just like the "he will knock three times" line that spelt the doom for Tennant's Doc. I just know what Moffat's like, and he's so clever at providing us with answers that are staring us in the face all along when it usually seems so complicated, and then doing completely the opposite aswell - when we think something is so simple, it turns out to be hideously confusing! It wouldn't surprise me if "the fall of the Eleventh" line is referring to something completely different - the fall of the Eleventh Platoon of The Silence or something :D
    Eleven, there is the eleventh hour, that is an obvious thing to look at, could it be something to do with that also. Where is Trenzelor?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Matt doesnt leave for the anniversary! I mean no previous anniversary has had the Doc regenerate so i dont think Matt should.

He deserves his own event because...Events are cool :cool:
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Matt doesnt leave for the anniversary! I mean no previous anniversary has had the Doc regenerate so i dont think Matt should.

which in itself would make it noteworthy and exciting...:D

though sad...:( :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I heard that Matt Smith wants to continue in the roll as long as possible and try to become the longest running Doctor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eleven, there is the eleventh hour, that is an obvious thing to look at, could it be something to do with that also. Where is Trenzelor?

Somerset?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somerset?
    Cider country.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the Doctors name is like a word lock on the Time War. and the only time he ever could say it was when he locked the Time War.

I think the 50th Special will focus on the Time War and Series 7 will be the build up too it.

The 50th Special will bring Matt Smiths Doctor and David Tennent's Doctor will work alongside each other with Amy/Rory/River/Rose/Martha/Donna and Jack helping them to end the conflict.

as a result of the Doctors actions in ending the Time War he is granted a full new set of regenerations by the time lord council.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor HMS wrote: »
    I wonder if the Doctors name is like a word lock on the Time War. and the only time he ever could say it was when he locked the Time War.

I think the 50th Special will focus on the Time War and Series 7 will be the build up too it.

The 50th Special will bring Matt Smiths Doctor and David Tennent's Doctor will work alongside each other with Amy/Rory/River/Rose/Martha/Donna and Jack helping them to end the conflict.

as a result of the Doctors actions in ending the Time War he is granted a full new set of regenerations by the time lord council.

Can you imagine the complaints if what you said is true? Maybe the Anniversary episode is going to be written by Steven Moffat and Russell T Davies!

Mind you, hasn't the Doctor now got a new set of regenerations due to River giving him all her remaining ones?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Doctor HMS wrote: »

I'd love this.

But a part of me would hate, actually detest, to the see the Time Lords return. They were always so boring and ridiculous in the first run of Who, if they were brought back and made a major part of the series it would be a massive disappointment. Much prefer to think that the Doctor is the lone man rather than there being a full bunch of them somewhere, takes the gloss off him a bit. Would be almost as bad as him fixing the chameleon circuit on the TARDIS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cider country.:D

Fall of the Eleventh . . . .

he stumbles into some bushes after having a bit too much to drink?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fall of the Eleventh . . . .

he stumbles into some bushes after having a bit too much to drink?
    and lands on a big balloon that takes him off to an island of curlywurlys.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    and lands on a big balloon that takes him off to an island of curlywurlys.:D

HA! I knew the red balloons that kept popping up throughout the two series meant something!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HA! I knew the red balloons that kept popping up throughout the two series meant something!

:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the question, Doctor who? Is what The Doctor's enemies are actually going to be asking seen as though they now assume him to be dead?

If The Doctor is going around having old skool adventures and kinda saving people in a roundabout way without actually saying who he is then maybe someone will notice and start wondering hence the question, doctor who?

I hope this makes sense as to what I'm trying to say!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I understand what you mean Suchageek. and you could very well have a point there.

Ok this sound better?

50th Anniversary Episode.

The Doctor's name has been spoken the Time War has been unlocked and now to save the universe the Doctor must fight not only his most dangerous foe ever the Daleks but also he must wage war against his own people for the End has come. The Doctor amasses an Army of his previous Companions and along with Rose/Martha/Donna/Amy/Rory and River he seeks to end the war once and for all but when he comes face to face with old foes the Master and The Rani can even the Doctor win this one?

As the war rages on and looks like it has come to and end the Doctor has to face the greatest challenge of all Himself....unaware of who the person is who is involved in this the Doctor must fight himself to claim victory but there is more to this than meets the eye.