Options

Sunday Brunch 10am-12pm Channel 4

Comments

• Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    Tim = still a t!t

Watched ten mins and had to turn it over because of TL's braying, oh-so-false sounding laugh:eek:

The bromance between TL and SR seems even more cringeworthy than it did on BBC2.

:eek:
    /l

Edit: needs a woman on there to break up the cosy little partnership between the boys. I don't mind Lisa, seems like she'd be good.
  • Options
    RowieboyRowieboy Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovejoy is a total c**k.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please not Faulkner. Dull as ditchwater.

Could have the intellectual vacuum that is Lou back if you prefer.....:D
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could have the intellectual vacuum that is Lou back if you prefer.....:D

Good point! ;)

The link from Dim Partridge into the Made in Chelsea clip was genius as it's clear he hates the show.

That along with the Trendspotter feature appears to cater for T4 stragglers who haven't found the show on E4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Tim is still as obnoxious as ever. When one of the female experts was on he tried to make her as unwelcome and as uncomfortable as possible. Also she made an innocent comment of "your wife might have something like this" (can't remember what she said exactly). He said "I'm divorced but thanks for bringing that up" in a bitter manner and as if she should already know everything about him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CarolAn wrote: »
    Tim is still as obnoxious as ever. When one of the female experts was on he tried to make her as unwelcome and as uncomfortable as possible. Also she made an innocent comment of "your wife might have something like this" (can't remember what she said exactly). He said "I'm divorced but thanks for bringing that up" in a bitter manner and as if she should already know everything about him.

:D:D:D I didn't see that about the wife bit. Glad he had his nose put out of joint:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good point! ;)

The link from Dim Partridge into the Made in Chelsea clip was genius as it's clear he hates the show.

That along with the Trendspotter feature appears to cater for T4 stragglers who haven't found the show on E4.

He's desperately trying to look cool and hip, but he just looks and sounds like someone's sad, single 40-something uncle who can't get laid and who tries to break into the in crowd but fails miserably:D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Please axe the trend spotter feature. Adding fashion items to a male skewed programme presented by two 40 something blokes is cringe worthy.

I'm warming to the drinks expert though, despite the fact she isn't a Mixologist.
    I couldn;t stand to be around her. Being 'trendy' and quirky just for the sake of fitting in. Yeah, i'm wearing trainers, a polka dot dress and a wooly cardi because that what the magazines tell me to do. :yawn:

Lisa Faulkner is a terrible presenter. She was only saved by her previous presenting stint because she was along side Matt Dawson.

Cred for her appearance in The Lover though ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I couldn;t stand to be around her. Being 'trendy' and quirky just for the sake of fitting in. Yeah, i'm wearing trainers, a polka dot dress and a wooly cardi because that what the magazines tell me to do. :yawn:

Lisa Faulkner is a terrible presenter. She was only saved by her previous presenting stint because she was along side Matt Dawson.

Cred for her appearance in The Lover though ;)

The drinks woman is the same. Last week she was harping on about he she is into knitting now becuase its trendy, this week shes into sherry, because its starting to become trendy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    borodave wrote: »
    The drinks woman is the same. Last week she was harping on about he she is into knitting now becuase its trendy, this week shes into sherry, because its starting to become trendy.
    Yeah, but then again atleast she's not mentioned wine in the first two weeks. SK are obsessed with wine. Maybe once every six months they will recommend a beer or cider but not very often.
    Just to clarify, I mean that she was bad, but not as much as Dawson.
  • Options
    richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I missed a chunk of the programme, were the self-heating cans an April Fools?

No, they are genuine.

I remember using some about 15 years ago on an all night job when I was a retained firefighter, hope they have improved a bit since then. We never did reorder them from stores after that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I'm losing interest in this show, when on the beeb although it was crash tv and easy watching for a sunday morning, I think this is crashing to much, I still think removing much of the content we all knew and replacing it with a trends and drink review spot, playlist at breaks and a lot more inane chat between Tim and Simon makes me think it's time to find other things to do on a Sunday morning.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like it's predecessor, I record it then fast-forward to the bits that I'm interested in. I liked the spiced egg & potato dish; probably make it tomorrow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Like it's predecessor, I record it then fast-forward to the bits that I'm interested in. I liked the spiced egg & potato dish; probably make it tomorrow.

So doing that I should still get an hour and about fourty minutes to do other things then :D
  • Options
    sporter92sporter92 Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they not allowed to mention SFTW on Sunday Brunch because Danny O'Donohue was in the kitchen cooking with them today and said he worked in a kitchen before and said you'll remember my knife skills from before and then Rimmer said they wouldn't know that and someone told them that before having a smirk with each other.

I think this is pretty stupid and if they can't mention SFTW by name they should say a previous show, we're not thick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this for the first time yesterday... oh dear.
    I'll not be bothering any more it was dire. I'll miss that gorgeous red headed welshie that was trying to get the idiots into tights but I really couldn't stand another minute of this drivel.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,708
    Forum Member
    On the whole I like it.
    Please axe the trend spotter feature. Adding fashion items to a male skewed programme presented by two 40 something blokes is cringe worthy.

I'm warming to the drinks expert though, despite the fact she isn't a Mixologist.

I like the drinks expert very much, she speaks well and she knows her stuff too. I liked Wayne and some of the information he passed on, but never made one of his cocktails. This way there's a much broader spectrum covered.

The 'trends' woman I find totally irritating and her products irrelevant and stupid. I hope they get rid of her quickly.
    I missed a chunk of the programme, were the self-heating cans an April Fools?
    Totally genuine GS, been around for donkey's years.
    Good for expeditions, camping and festivals I'd think, where facilities are limited. Not sure I'd be pushing them for students as a lazy alternative to fresh foods.
    sporter92 wrote: »
    Are they not allowed to mention SFTW on Sunday Brunch because Danny O'Donohue was in the kitchen cooking with them today and said he worked in a kitchen before and said you'll remember my knife skills from before and then Rimmer said they wouldn't know that and someone told them that before having a smirk with each other.

I think this is pretty stupid and if they can't mention SFTW by name they should say a previous show, we're not thick.

Tim got one of his Tweet and email links wrong referring back to SFTW and blushed like mad, saying 'I'll be in trouble for that'

I've done it myself answering the phone when I've changed jobs :o
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »

Tim got one of his Tweet and email links wrong referring back to SFTW and blushed like mad, saying 'I'll be in trouble for that'

:o

Probably why C4 want to sign Harry Hill- ready made show if he uses material from Sunday Brunch!!! :D
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    They look like a gay couple on the promos.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,708
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    They look like a gay couple on the promos.

I thought they were meant to be copying the old Morecambe and Wise ideas?
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I thought they were meant to be copying the old Morecambe and Wise ideas?

Well they used to sleep in the same bed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I loved SFTW and had high expectations for Sunday Brunch but sadly after watching it for the last 2 weeks i've found that i tend to switch off after a few minutes. Didnt think i would say this but i miss Louise. It needs a female presenter and i would get Amanda. Also i would bring back Wayne and ditch the drinks girl. Simon should stick to the kitchen as he is no good at interviewing. Leave the interviewing to a female presenter with Tim sticking his one pennies worth in . Unless it improves i dont think i'll be watching it for much longer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim Lovejoy - the most bone-idle presenter on TV and radio - he was useless during his short-lived stint on Five Live's football phone-in (Once an England fan phoned in to make a serious point about rising prices for the members of the supporters club and Lovejoy said "Don't know anything about that mate" and cut him off ! ) He looked like the Saturday Kitchen was the last place he wanted to be after leaving Saturday A.M., where he seemed to be virtually comatose most of the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    harry147 wrote: »
    I loved SFTW and had high expectations for Sunday Brunch but sadly after watching it for the last 2 weeks i've found that i tend to switch off after a few minutes. Didnt think i would say this but i miss Louise. It needs a female presenter and i would get Amanda. Also i would bring back Wayne and ditch the drinks girl. Simon should stick to the kitchen as he is no good at interviewing. Leave the interviewing to a female presenter with Tim sticking his one pennies worth in . Unless it improves i dont think i'll be watching it for much longer.
    It was arkward when they both had a link, then both left the guest and spent time walking over to the kitchen.
    As you say, Lovejoy and/or a female presenter could do that leaving Rimmer in the kitchen.
    It would be smoother all round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was arkward when they both had a link, then both left the guest and spent time walking over to the kitchen.
    As you say, Lovejoy and/or a female presenter could do that leaving Rimmer in the kitchen.
    It would be smoother all round.

It would be smoother all round if Lovejoy f@cked off!