Masterchef Australia Allstars

Comments

• BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too felt bereft last night, wasn't so bad on Sunday for some reason - I guess that Strickly results and SPOTY kind of helped me over that particular hump

The thought of not getting another Gary and George hit until 2014 is more than unthinkable. Do you think Really would pick up a series again? IIRC they showed Callums series fairly recently?
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    freckle59 wrote: »
    BIB - Nooooooooooooo!!! :(

Well, it will depend on when it screens in Australia. Applications for contestants closed about six weeks later for MCA 5 than they did for MCA 4, which wouldn't be such a longer time to wait. As long as it's not screened here even later, you still might get it in the UK in late 2013.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Muggsy wrote: »
    I was out last night and I've just caught up with my recording. I'm so glad Callum won, and that Chris got through the first round, although I've got nothing against Kate and was glad she won Series 3.

Like others, the scooter intrigues me. Is it the caretaker's?:D:D

Kake is a bit of a one trick pony.All she makes are cakes and desserts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimmypink wrote: »
    Hahaha!:D Love it.
    That scooter has intrigued me for ages - why is it there? So carefully and prettily parked all on it's ownsome?:confused:

The burning question now is: will it make the trip to Melbourne for MCA 5?
  • zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I had a shock :eek: I'm probably the last to know though :D I was reading an interview Callum gave, now it's safe to search again and he said they filmed two endings with both him and Chris winning and he was only told he had won a week or so before the series went out in Australia.

I suppose they do it with the regular shows too to stop leaks. The home comings always look very staged, but I just imagined I was seeing a real reaction to winning. I must be very odd for the finalists to have to wait so long to find out.

I really hope Watch find us a masterchef to watch in the new year, my evenings are just not the same, I will even even happily watch the NZ one :)
  • BlokeeBlokee Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kake is a bit of a one trick pony.All she makes are cakes and desserts.

She is fantastic at them but but has also made many spectacular main course dishes.

The fact my Sky Box didn't automatically turn over at 7 on Sunday made me sad. It has basically been a nightly part of my life for four months and now it's gone...

*weep*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zippy00 wrote: »
    I really hope Watch find us a masterchef to watch in the new year, my evenings are just not the same, I will even even happily watch the NZ one :)

I'm a bit the same. At the beginning of the first ep. of MCA 4 they listed the many countries that have taken up their own MC. Any English-speaking one would do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Watch admin have confimed they will be showing MCNZ series in 2013 tho no actual date is confirmed:D

http://uktv.co.uk/watch/thread/threadID/47005/
  • honeypothoneypot Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    triton333 wrote: »
    The burning question now is: will it make the trip to Melbourne for MCA 5?

Will it also have another colour change? It was red for the main show and blue for the all stars...shall we have a sweepstake on it? :D
  • hallchallc Posts: 199,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the final of the All Stars, remember the Jackfruit? Has anybody seen it, used it or eaten it, ? I Googled it and it looks huge,,,,,,,,,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely Gary tweeted that they all return for Masterchef series 5 filming in January!
  • freckle59freckle59 Posts: 42,993
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    Lovely Gary tweeted that they all return for Masterchef series 5 filming in January!

Hooray!! So I'm guessing that their will be shown in April and we'll get it about September again. I doubt it will affect the Professionals filming as there were several episodes without Matt Preston in MCA4.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for earlier than September but September will do! :D

I'll go for a sweepstake for MCA5 of red again and perhaps yellow for Professionals. It has to make it to the new series - its an integral part of the show now!

Bit like 'the man in the hat' in Dave Arch's Wunnerful Wunnerful Orchestra on SCD :D
    Forum Member
    hallc wrote: »
    In the final of the All Stars, remember the Jackfruit? Has anybody seen it, used it or eaten it, ? I Googled it and it looks huge,,,,,,,,,

I don't think we'd get it down here in Devon - just as well really as you'd have to really like it to eat all that before it went off! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray!! So I'm guessing that their will be shown in April and we'll get it about September again.

I have no idea, but I wouldn't count on it. Ten might want to get it clear of its toughest competition, such as The Block and The Voice Australia, which were before July this year. They also might want a big gap after MCA Pro. It's anyone's guess. We just have to wait to find out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC Pro UK starts here on 14 Jan. That's a pretty quick turn-around from its UK screening. Really looking forward to it.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debs drove me round the bend as a contestant, but having made her sticky fig and caramel cake as our Christmas pudding I have to say she can really rustle up a great recipe.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and wish all MCA fans a Happy New Year.:)
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popping out of lurkerland to say

1 I love this thread! and, off topic but connected, in case people haven't spotted them

2 MChef Ireland starts on GoodFood on 3 January and

3 According to my EPG, MChef South Africa starts on Really on 7 January (but Really have been known to use MChef as 'fillers' when their programming isn't finalised).

Ridiculously excited...
    Forum Member
    cika wrote: »
    Just popping out of lurkerland to say

1 I love this thread! and, off topic but connected, in case people haven't spotted them

2 MChef Ireland starts on GoodFood on 3 January and

3 According to my EPG, MChef South Africa starts on Really on 7 January (but Really have been known to use MChef as 'fillers' when their programming isn't finalised).

Ridiculously excited...

Ooh good find cika! I do love an Irish accent so if the show isn't as good as MCA there's still something to keep me interested :D

I've never watched Really - seen adverts for it and it just seemed like a channel for zelebs getting up to the things zelebs do best - self promotion! :D Might give it a go in the meantime then! If there's a whiff of KP, Kardashians or Real Housewives of *insert any town* I'll be off like a rat in a drain though. :D
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh good find cika! I do love an Irish accent so if the show isn't as good as MCA there's still something to keep me interested :D

I've never watched Really - seen adverts for it and it just seemed like a channel for zelebs getting up to the things zelebs do best - self promotion! :D Might give it a go in the meantime then! If there's a whiff of KP, Kardashians or Real Housewives of *insert any town* I'll be off like a rat in a drain though. :D

freckle, I don't watch much "Really" really :o but they did show season 2 of MCA and then followed it with season 1 (bit strange, but I wasn't complaining!) a few months back, and that's where my obsession began ..... never knew it was on Watch originally until I caught the beginning of season 4 and got hooked again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to one article, MCA Pro premieres in Australia on Sunday 20 January.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray!! So I'm guessing that their will be shown in April and we'll get it about September again.

It has been reported that MCA 5 will still be filming during the Royal Melbourne Show, which is held in late September (the new home for MCA is the showgrounds). That means that UK viewers will unfortunately get it later than usual.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/masterchef-takes-over-poultry-pavilion-at-the-royal-melbourne-show/story-e6frf96f-1226549148870
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    triton333 wrote: »
    It has been reported that MCA 5 will still be filming during the Royal Melbourne Show, which is held in late September (the new home for MCA is the showgrounds). That means that UK viewers will unfortunately get it later than usual.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/masterchef-takes-over-poultry-pavilion-at-the-royal-melbourne-show/story-e6frf96f-1226549148870

Oh this is ridiculous! I'm so stuck with nothing decent to watch, I keep checking in here every few days to see if there's any good news and if you Triton have posted a little nugget of "insider" info. Desperate? Yup. :D

But this is sad news - it could be November before we can enjoy our sunny and happy comfort-fest of MCA! :(

I've read that the Irish version is not to our standard so, well, that leaves just Professionals to keep an eye out for. Tis going to be a loooong year.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Although, having read the link Triton gave it said:
    "The pavilion which we normally use is currently used by the Masterchef organisation where they're doing all filming for Masterchef and they will be doing a major event in it during the show," Mr Spargo said

Triton, could there be a faint chance that the "major event" is something else, say another All Stars and that they will film MCA before the September show (and hence we get it sooner)? Ever hopeful...:)
    Forum Member
    I watched the Irish Masterchef. Struggled through the first episode and was gutted. It was like being given a nice pink lollipop only to have it taste of picallilli. :(

I keep checking every couple of days too but its not looking too hopeful for an early finish with us getting it in September, is it. Unless of course the 'special event' in the showground is something else entirely -can't think what as I doubt they'd do another Allstars - perhaps they're bringing forward next years MCA Pro?... clutching... straws... much...
    Forum Member
    Ooh perhaps the major event is something to do with the launch of the winner's cookery book? Photoshoot or something?

Can you smell the desperation.... :o